Author Topic: Helicopter hog hunting?  (Read 1786 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Helicopter hog hunting?
« on: February 07, 2019, 03:13:05 PM »
Anyone done it?

I have a 50th birthday coming up soon and my wife has given the green light to go helo hog shooting.  Other than being super expensive, do you have any info about it?

Thanks.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Helicopter hog hunting?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 03:25:27 PM »
So pigs can finally fly?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 03:26:43 PM »
So pigs can finally fly?

They learned how from the turkeys
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:27:11 PM »
So pigs can finally fly?

Only in helicopters.  That's because the are porkchoppers.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »
Only in helicopters.  That's because the are porkchoppers.

You win your own thread!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:42:47 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 03:45:10 PM »
Doesn't seem very sporting ...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6pYDPY6mTDY?start=50&end=65

Aren’t they considered a destructive nuisance? It’s doing the state a favor.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:08:28 PM »
Aren’t they considered a destructive nuisance? It’s doing the state a favor.

I don't think the state cares either way, but the local farmers and ranchers do.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
It would be more sporting if the pigs had Stinger missiles.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:15 PM »
As a radio operator in an 81mm mortar platoon, I remember receiving fire missions during training in Hawaii.  If the FO called in "troops in the open", we knew he had spotted some wild hogs.  Messy, it was.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 08:18:35 PM »
I was going to say something about "fair chase," but then I remembered how many afternoons I spent sniping at prairie dogs from a bluff overlooking the pasture.

So I figured that would be hypocritical of me.

Terry

Me and my savage .223 in Superior Colorado.  Note date.  The whole area is built up now, and that bluff is now in someone's back yard.  Pic taken by a good buddy of mine who is now resting in peace.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:23:33 AM by 230RN »

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 08:24:24 PM »
I read the title as Herohog Hunting. :laugh: :lol:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 09:56:46 PM »
I read the title as Herohog Hunting. :laugh: :lol:

Ooh!  We give him two hours to hide in a overgrown 5 acre plot; give him two Stinger missiles, and then deploy Fly320s in the helicopter.  First kill shot wins.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 10:35:59 PM »
Ooh!  We give him two hours to hide in a overgrown 5 acre plot; give him two Stinger missiles, and then deploy Fly320s in the helicopter.  First kill shot wins.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »
I was going to say something about "fair chase," but then I remembered how many afternoons I spent sniping at prairie dogs from a bluff overlooking the pasture.

So I figured that would be hypocritical of me.

Terry

Me too, I can't tell you how many coyote I sniped from ridges in the spring when they were eating a winter kill cow down in a coulee. That was some serious fun.

As a radio operator in an 81mm mortar platoon, I remember receiving fire missions during training in Hawaii.  If the FO called in "troops in the open", we knew he had spotted some wild hogs.  Messy, it was.

We had a Marine 1st Lt do a artillery fire mission on a few elk while I lived in Lawton in the later 90s. He wasn't long for the Marine Corps after that stunt. I heard about it because the Marine C.O. at the Ft Sill school of big guns for Marines had a nurse for a wife, and I worked with her.

Helicopter hog hunting sounds like way too much fun, but you will need a few 100 rd mags for your AR type gun.

bob

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 10:40:33 PM »
Helicopter hog hunting sounds like way too much fun, but you will need a few 100 rd mags for your AR type gun.

bob

You say that like it's a bad thing.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 06:17:35 AM »

bob

Isn't that how it's supposed to be done?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 09:24:48 AM »
I don't think the state cares either way, but the local farmers and ranchers do.
I have heard Texas Parks and Wildlife does a lot of work on it.  I think they were trying to estimate numbers and looking for ways to kill them or keep them from breeding. 

The are non-native so fair game all year round and rice farmers among others see them as very destructive.  The last helicopter outfit I looked into was on rice farming land. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 03:44:17 AM »
General search term, "texas wild hog problem," reveals a lot.  There are apparently  5 million of them and they are taking over parks and golf courses and whatnot.

So "fair chase" notwithstanding, if Officialdom is actively looking for ways to exterminate them, then have at it, Fly320s.

Terry

BobR

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 10:59:34 AM »
General search term, "texas wild hog problem," reveals a lot.  There are apparently  5 million of them and they are taking over parks and golf courses and whatnot.

So "fair chase" notwithstanding, if Officialdom is actively looking for ways to exterminate them, then have at it, Fly320s.

Terry

Those things are in nearly every state causing havoc but Texas seems hardest hit. They have quite a few roaming SW Oklahoma from what I understand also. I have had people up here saying they wish we had wild hogs in WA and I tell them that is a foolish wish. Just go somewhere else to shoot them if you feel the need, the local farmers and ranchers would love it.

bob

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »
Just read this thread. Didn't go look at any hunt offers. YOUTUBE has helicopter pig hunt ads. WTF?
I've come to expect ads on subjects I've searched but this is a first for me.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 11:28:51 AM »
My sister-in-law and her husband have a winter home on a golf course in Tucson. We go down there the first week of every April.  In recent years, we have seen packs of wild pigs/javelinas on the golf course greens in the early morning and evening.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 12:43:45 PM »
My sister-in-law and her husband have a winter home on a golf course in Tucson. We go down there the first week of every April.  In recent years, we have seen packs of wild pigs/javelinas on the golf course greens in the early morning and evening.

It used to be said that a golf course was a terrible waste of a good rifle range.  Maybe things will be turning around, eh?

Terry, 230RN

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 02:12:34 PM »
Those things are in nearly every state causing havoc but Texas seems hardest hit. They have quite a few roaming SW Oklahoma from what I understand also. I have had people up here saying they wish we had wild hogs in WA and I tell them that is a foolish wish. Just go somewhere else to shoot them if you feel the need, the local farmers and ranchers would love it.

bob

Too late.  Before I moved from OR to NC in 2014 I did a little informal research into wild hog populations.  I came across a map showing wild hog concentrations across the country.  Both Oregon and Washington had small populations in the northeast and southeast parts of their states, respectively.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 03:06:59 PM »
Too late.  Before I moved from OR to NC in 2014 I did a little informal research into wild hog populations.  I came across a map showing wild hog concentrations across the country.  Both Oregon and Washington had small populations in the northeast and southeast parts of their states, respectively.

People say there is a small population on the Olympic Peninsula but I am kind of skeptical. You never have a small hog population. I haven't heard of any of them crossing  from NE OR to SE WA yet and if they were here is would not be a secret and I would be all over them. There is a guy that used to do closed range hunts on his ranch for pigs about 10 miles from me, I suppose some of them could have escaped. I will be looking for them whenever I go out Coyote hunting.

bob