Author Topic: Media fact checking in the 21st century  (Read 935 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Media fact checking in the 21st century
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »
Fact checking in the 21st Century

Does it fit the narrative?
Yes: It's true
No: It's false

Can it be twisted to fit the narrative?
Yes: It's true
No: It's false

Did Trump say it?
Yes: It's false
No: It's true
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »
We’ve been in a propaganda war for decades.

Somebody on the right has finally joined the actual battle, our President.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »
Yeah, they have "Politifact Texas" in the local rag, which I alternately refer to as "Politifake Texas" or "Politifraud Texas."  They have a tendency to take something a GOP politician didn't say, decide he SHOULD have said it, and then attack him for not saying it properly.  :facepalm:

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:30 AM »
Yeah, I pretty much take it for granted it something says "fact check" it is probably a lie.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »
Yeah, I pretty much take it for granted it something says "fact check" it is probably a lie.

Word.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."