Author Topic: NYPD demands that Google's Waze app stop revealing DWI checkpoints  (Read 825 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/06/-googles-waze-revealing-dwi-checkpoints-nypd.html

NYPD is saying that Google allows Waze users to update the application (one of the core features of the app) with the location of the DUI checkpoints is "irresponsible" and "serves to aid impaired and intoxicated drivers to evade checkpoints and encourage reckless driving."  Oh and NYPD wants them to stop allowing users to update "any other substantially similar data" to the DUI checkpoints.  Google replies with "We believe that informing drivers about upcoming speed traps allows them to be more careful and make safer decisions when they're on the road."

NYPD must be experiencing a budget tightening.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: NYPD demands that Google's Waze app stop revealing DWI checkpoints
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:40:40 AM »

Trump and tax losses.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:49:43 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/06/-googles-waze-revealing-dwi-checkpoints-nypd.html

NYPD is saying that Google allows Waze users to update the application (one of the core features of the app) with the location of the DUI checkpoints is "irresponsible" and "serves to aid impaired and intoxicated drivers to evade checkpoints and encourage reckless driving."  Oh and NYPD wants them to stop allowing users to update "any other substantially similar data" to the DUI checkpoints.  Google replies with "We believe that informing drivers about upcoming speed traps allows them to be more careful and make safer decisions when they're on the road."

http://longisland.news12.com/story/39904570/serious-as-a-heart-attack-ny-faces-dollar23b-shortfall-cuomo-blames-tax-overhaul

As Ben noted, I just provided the link.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
How long before one of the libtarded states implement an exit tax?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
How long before one of the libtarded states implement an exit tax?

I thought one of them already did that. Was it New York? Maybe it was proposed in Connecticut -- don't remember.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama