Author Topic: Shoe Condoms  (Read 673 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Shoe Condoms
« on: May 26, 2019, 09:38:31 AM »
A company is selling "shoe condoms". They seem to be gearing them to people that buy $500 sneakers and want to keep them clean, but many a time I wished I had shoe condoms when using a public bathroom, while wondering what disgusting substance was going to follow me into my car and home later in the day.  :laugh:

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/waterproof-shoe-condoms-protect-footwear
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Shoe Condoms
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 10:09:44 AM »
I started to get a little concerned about that when I used to "go" in King Soopers (City Market, Kroger) wearing slippers. Normally this outfit keeps the men's rest room pretty clean, but I guess you get "shotgunners" testing their patterns at the urinals every once in a while.  Can't attest to the ladies' room cleanliness.

I now wear shoes ("sneakers" actually) and decided to rely on molecular wear and tear to dispel the ickies before I got back into my car.

As my mother used to say in that kind of situation, "Don't worry, you'll eat a pound of dirt before you die."

It was just one of the inevitables.  You'll probably get exposure and spreading just while removing the booties anyhow.

The other solution-component is to not buy $500 sneakers. :rofl:

Y' gotta be practical.

Side issue, related, sorta-kinda.  There's a  photo of a bunch of dignitaries wearing booties as they examined the Trinity Site in 1945:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/robert-oppenheimer-and-general-leslie-groves-examine-the-news-photo/615305238

Terry

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:03:04 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 10:24:19 AM »

* Normally this outfit keeps the men's rest room pretty clean, but I guess you get "shotgunners" at the urinals every once in a while.  Can't attest to the ladies' room cleanliness.

One of my top pet peeves of life. For the life of me I can't understand why there has to be puddle around just about every darn urinal. How ^$#*%! hard is it?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:44:09 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 10:35:20 AM »
One of my top pets peeves of life. For the life of me I can't understand why there has to be puddle around just about every darn urinal. How ^$#*%! hard is it?

And it's not like it's right there underneath - it can go out to a couple of feet. Which I guess I can see if people do what I do, and stand beyond the pee rather than in it. Every time someone stands farther back and misses, the next guy stands back beyond that point, and so on.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 11:05:50 AM »
Maybe they should figure out some way to flush the floor, too.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.