Author Topic: Navy spying  (Read 519 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Navy spying
« on: May 21, 2019, 09:11:30 PM »
On the Air Force.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/05/21/why-the-air-force-is-investigating-a-cyber-attack-from-the-navy/

Synopsis: Navy prosecutor in the Eddie Gallagher case was so upset about leaks that he sent an e-mail containing malware to defense attorneys, including an Air Force attorney. The AF attorney spotted the malware and brought in the AF cyber sleuths, who are now investigating the Navy.

Meanwhile, nobody seems to know just how far and wide the malware has spread. Aside from some obvious ethical lapses involved in spying on defense counsel, the situation also suggests that the navy prosecutor has a rather cavalier attitude toward computer security in general.

Disappointing. The guy should be disbarred, in my opinion. Spying on the defense by illegally intercepting their communications cuts right to the very heart of professional ethics. BIG fail.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:59:35 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: Navy spying
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:43:09 PM »
I did not see that episode of JAG.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Navy spying
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 10:15:26 PM »
I did not see that episode of JAG.

Funny, SWMBO and I have been rewatching JAG.  Catherine Bell was definitely easy on the eyes...

Don't know why, maybe because there seems to be increased demand for successful prosecutors at higher levels, or in private practice, but seems like a lot more prosecutors playing in the grey area for the sake of winning.  Yeah, I agree to disbarment, or at least a lengthy suspension.  And, probably prosecution under the UCMJ for Conduct Unbecoming and a few other things.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark