Author Topic: Think you have it bad? Try dating in San Francisco  (Read 569 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Think you have it bad? Try dating in San Francisco
« on: February 13, 2019, 02:38:05 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskSF/comments/apnbrm/what_annoys_you_the_most_about_dating_in_sf/

I think much of this also applies to Seattle, since we have similar financial and occupational issues here.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:33:27 PM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Think you have it bad? Try dating in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 03:06:16 PM »
Financial and occupational issues of freezing coffee?  Seems pretty straightforward to me . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »
edited:  He fixed the link.  Now it makes sense.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:01:28 PM by Fly320s »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 03:45:19 PM »
Financial and occupational issues of freezing coffee?  Seems pretty straightforward to me . . . .

It gets a little more complicated when you're going colder than what is available from common refrigeration units.  When you're reaching for special duty scientific and industrial freezers, things get more complicated.

Given I've read that "Burning" grinds can be a problem, because grinding produces heat, freezing them to the point that they're brittle and thus shatter easier in a grinder, plus that you're starting at a much lower temperature, thus you have like another 100 degrees to raise the beans before any burning can take place, gives you more overhead.

That said, I'm approaching this from the science angle, as I don't actually drink coffee at all.  I enjoy reading about various chemistry experiments involving it though.  You can make some very interesting brews, I've read, if you break out various professional grade bits of chemistry equipment.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 05:27:10 PM »
Maybe this is an extremely controversial issue in both the Melbourne and Seattle areas.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »
Cool beans!   =)
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.