Author Topic: Omar Needs to Go  (Read 10720 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Omar Needs to Go
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
I am getting more and more positive that we have neglected our duty of eternal vigilance for the last 70 or so years.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 03:41:52 PM »
"the Jew"?

Yeah, like in Romans 1:16:  "... first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »
I sincerely hope the Democrats continue with their blatting...in fact I hope they ramp it up.  Half of America might not participate in elections muchly...except when one side demonizes the other.  America goes for the underdog.  The more they demonize Trump, capitalism, Israel, the Constitution and BoR, guns, and everything think else that is good about America, one more usual non voter comes out and votes against the D's.  Remember Clinton's 2nd win?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 07:27:33 PM »
I am getting more and more positive that we have neglected our duty of eternal vigilance for the last 70 or so years.

What was your first clue?     >:D  [/sarcasm] 

Seriously,   we have.  Very much so.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
Conspiracy co-worker informs me that Omar is working for AIPAC, in a bid to I guess criminalize anti-Israeli speech or something? I often avoid asking him to elaborate, as it just eggs him on. He likes to sneer at people for caring about politics, because "it's all such an obvious game," or whatever, but if you get him started on politics, he doesn't like to stop blathering.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 11:13:41 PM »
I just wanted to take a moment to say diversity is our strength.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
There is much good to emulate regarding Israel.

Strong border control including a big beautiful wall.

Strong national identity along with strict immigration policies.

A strong Israel first foreign policy.

A strong Israel first policy in relation to economic policies.

Hopefully President Trump will be able to institutionalize these principles in his time as president here in the USA.

A large percentage of the diaspora Jewish American population seem to reject all of these above policies for us here in the USA, funny that.

Especially considering that a strong USA is a better guarantor of the nation of Israel’s security.

I don’t know anything about Jewish factions but it’s obvious they aren’t completely monolithic. There is a real strong Jewish influence in the Trump administration and there hasn’t been such an overtly nationalist pro-America president as President Trump in my lifetime. We need to encourage and strengthen the nationalist Jewish American faction. They need to supplant the Marxist leftist Jewish groups that most folks identify as typical of American Jews.

Now let’s build the damn wall.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »
    UPDATE: Vote on resolution condemning anti-Semitism may be pushed back. Congressional Black Caucus and Congressional Progressive Caucus pressing for a delay. https://t.co/EyV8Xm1v0p
    — Sheryl Gay Stolberg (@SherylNYT) March 5, 2019
    .@SpeakerPelosi confirms she talked to Omar over the weekend and that resolution will be expanded to tackle anti-Muslim bias:

"There will be a vote this week and we will see what it is when we are finished writing it," she told reporters.
    — Heather Caygle (@heatherscope) March 6, 2019
Resolution Against Anti-Semitism Delayed Because Dems Want it Expanded to Include This...
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/03/05/resolution-against-antisemitism-delayed-because-n2542652
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 09:50:16 AM »
Resolution Against Anti-Semitism Delayed Because Dems Want it Expanded to Include This...
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/03/05/resolution-against-antisemitism-delayed-because-n2542652

So can we expect them to also included anti-Christian, anti-Buddhist, etc.?

Again, I have indeed changed my mind about "needs to go" because this stuff from her and the other new kids is going sway moderates, and not in the way these people want. It's like capitulating to five year olds having temper tantrums at the Walmart. I now encourage them to keep this crap up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2019, 10:33:42 AM »
So can we expect them to also included anti-Christian, anti-Buddhist, etc.?

Again, I have indeed changed my mind about "needs to go" because this stuff from her and the other new kids is going sway moderates, and not in the way these people want. It's like capitulating to five year olds having temper tantrums at the Walmart. I now encourage them to keep this crap up.

"The dogma lives loudly within you."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2019, 11:37:19 AM »
    One of the things that is hurtful about the extent to which reprimand is sought of Ilhan is that no one seeks this level of reprimand when members make statements about Latinx + other communities (during the shutdown, a GOP member yelled “Go back to Puerto Rico!” on the floor). https://t.co/MwrRN4v4DG
    — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) March 5, 2019

Wonder if she's even aware PR is part of the USA?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2019, 08:08:09 AM »
She should remain in Congress. She accurately reflects the views of her constituency.

In a multicultural diverse country we are going to have to learn to tolerate opinions that are held by marginalized communities and people’s.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2019, 08:54:33 AM »

I simply fail to understand westerners who support those who would kill them, instantly, if they ever took power....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2019, 09:19:53 AM »
Antisemitism was always there and will likely always be there.  It was just pushed out of the public discourse because of the social stigma from the Holocaust.  That stigma is falling away with time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
Antisemitism was always there and will likely always be there.  It was just pushed out of the public discourse because of the social stigma from the Holocaust.  That stigma is falling away with time. 

Hush now

Repeat after me

Diversity is our strength

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2019, 09:59:26 AM »
I simply fail to understand westerners who support those who would kill them, instantly, if they ever took power....

Ironic isn't it? The only religion they tolerate and even protect is the same one that wants to provide them free flying lessons
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:22:22 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2019, 10:59:26 AM »
If she really wants to ruffle feathers she should try and get legislation that requires US Congressman to renounce and legally terminate their dual citizenship to another nation.

I wonder how many other nations allow members of their legislatures to have such deep conflicts of interest?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2019, 11:03:52 AM »
If she really wants to ruffle feathers she should try and get legislation that requires US Congressman to renounce and legally terminate their dual citizenship to another nation.

I wonder how many other nations allow members of their legislatures to have such deep conflicts of interest?

Wonder how many nations would tolerate legislatures who think non-citizens, and illegal ones at that, should be allowed to vote
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Re: Re: Omar Needs to Go
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
Wonder how many nations would tolerate legislatures who think non-citizens, and illegal ones at that, should be allowed to vote
Touche

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 12:12:52 PM »

I agree. I don't care if she represents the attitudes and opinions of her constituency. Her constituency would eliminate me and all people like me in a heartbeat if they could.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2019, 01:26:13 PM »
When asked if Omar should apologize, Pelosi said, “It’s up to her to explain. I do not believe she understood the full weight of the words.”

She continued, “When you’re a congressman you are an advocate out there, who I was. I appreciate all the enthusiasm. I told you that before. That was me pushing a stroller and carrying those signs. I understand how advocates come in with their enthusiasms. But when you cross that threshold in the Congress, your words weigh much more than when you’re shouting at somebody outside. And I feel confident that her words were not based on any antisemitic attitude. But that she didn’t have a full appreciation of how they landed on other people where these words have a history and a cultural impact that might have been unknown to her.”
Pelosi Refuses to Say Omar Should Apologize: ‘Her Words Were Not Based on Any Antisemitic Attitude’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/03/07/pelosi-refuses-to-say-omar-should-apologize-her-words-were-not-based-on-any-anti-semitic-attitude/

That reminds me, I need to put advil on the grocery list

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »

House resolution to condemn anti-Semitism delayed indefinitely

Congressman James Clyburn, D-S.C., defended freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Wednesday by saying her experience was "more personal" than Jews whose parents survived the Holocaust.

Clyburn argued Omar's experience "is much more empirical -- and powerful -- than that of people who are generations removed from the Holocaust, Japanese internment camps during WWII and the other violent episodes that have marked history," according to a report in The Hill.

“I’m serious about that. There are people who tell me, ‘Well, my parents are Holocaust survivors.’ ‘My parents did this.’ It’s more personal with her,” Clyburn said.

HOUSE EXPECTED TO VOTE ON UPDATED ANTI-SEMITISM RESOLUTION TODAY, AFTER DEM INFIGHTING

“I’ve talked to her, and I can tell you she is living through a lot of pain.”
Ilhan Omar's experience 'more personal' than Jews whose parents survived the Holocaust: Dem congressman
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omars-experience-more-personal-than-jews-whose-parents-survived-the-holocaust-dem-congressman
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2019, 02:15:32 PM »
Clyburn argued Omar's experience "is much more empirical -- and powerful -- than that of people who are generations removed from the Holocaust, Japanese internment camps during WWII and the other violent episodes that have marked history," according to a report in The Hill.

“I’m serious about that. There are people who tell me, ‘Well, my parents are Holocaust survivors.’ ‘My parents did this.’ It’s more personal with her,” Clyburn said.

So he's against reparations then? Or no?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2019, 02:24:48 PM »
Ilhan Omar's experience 'more personal' than Jews whose parents survived the Holocaust: Dem congressman
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omars-experience-more-personal-than-jews-whose-parents-survived-the-holocaust-dem-congressman

Excuse me, Mr. Clyburn? Can you explain to me what it is that the Jews did to her that gives her such a more authentic experience that makes her hate Jews?

I would be surprised to learn that the Somali Jewish population (all two of them) was busy committing genocide and throwing people out of their homes, turning Ms. Omar into a refugee.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought