Author Topic: Omar Needs to Go  (Read 10717 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Omar Needs to Go
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »
I am getting more and more positive that we have neglected our duty of eternal vigilance for the last 70 or so years.

Antisemitism was always there and will likely always be there.  It was just pushed out of the public discourse because of the social stigma from the Holocaust.  That stigma is falling away with time.  

While that statement is probably accurate, I was referring to more than that... basically with respect to fundamental civil rights (and on more than just 2A matters) versus the authority of the government.

As I've said before, it is the core function of any government, anywhere, anytime, to progressively limit rights --that is, to make laws to limit what you can and can't do (or be).

The problem is we haven't been diligent or "vigilant" enough to yank the leash when  government gets too casual and heavy-handed about our freedoms and rights.

So now we have situations where, e.g., "no knock" searches and helmet laws are perceived as OK, since they only affect them damned hippie crackheads and those leather-jacketed motorcycle ruffians.

Without many of us seeing the inherent danger in those laws (and judicial decisions).  So we devolve into a bunch of compliant little good citizens who can no longer "fight city hall."  Yes, forcing people to cross major urban streets at designated and controlled crosswalks is in general a good thing for overall traffic flow, but ultimately we get persons in power who think they can limit the sizes and contents of soft drinks.

Nobody yanked the leash between those two things, so it got to the point where one of our Leaders could actually and seriously suggest regulating soft drinks.  It was only then that our vigilance got alerted and the leash got yanked.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 03:17:20 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2019, 02:51:45 PM »
Excuse me, Mr. Clyburn? Can you explain to me what it is that the Jews did to her that gives her such a more authentic experience that makes her hate Jews?

I would be surprised to learn that the Somali Jewish population (all two of them) was busy committing genocide and throwing people out of their homes, turning Ms. Omar into a refugee.

Go back! There's two of them!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 03:33:32 PM »
But wait, there's more

Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D., Ill.) defended Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) from charges of anti-Semitism Thursday, arguing she should receive some leeway because of her upbringing in Somalia.
Schakowsky (D) Defends Omar’s Anti-Semitic Comments: ‘She Comes From a Different Culture’
https://freebeacon.com/politics/schakowsky-d-defends-omars-anti-semitic-comments-she-comes-from-a-different-culture/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2019, 04:03:24 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2019, 04:20:15 PM »
Meanwhile, they have managed to unite Farrakhan and David Duke.   Well Played...

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/03/07/do-dems-disavow-starry-eyed-david-duke-just-called-ilhan-omar-the-most-important-member-of-the-us-congress/

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/03/07/louis-farrakhans-nation-of-islam-comes-to-the-defense-of-ilhan-omar/

As posted above (as an example) Dems's are rallying behind Omar.  "She's just a poor misunderstood girl" defense.  Since she usually rattles off something anti-Semitic every 15 days.  I put the over/under at 10 days on her next, even worse, anti-Semitic remark..   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »
If she had an R next to her name the line of dems, celebrities, and media talking heads calling for her resignation/removal would be a mile long.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2019, 06:23:52 PM »
What are the odds she drives any of the Jewish vote to the Republicans?

I’m thinking probably not very good.

She might depress turnout though.

Liberal Jews just aren’t going to vote for “literally Hitler” Trump no matter what.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2019, 08:18:05 PM »
So the resolution that was supposed to call out Omar's anti-semitism has now become a resolution against "anti-muslim bigotry".

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/03/07/great-progress-reps-ilhan-omar-rashida-tlaib-and-andre-carsons-joint-victory-lap-over-bs-resolution-is-something-else/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2019, 10:03:07 PM »
Come on baby Lets do the twist

You know what's REAL anti-semitism? Right-wing Evangelical Christians supporting Israel because they think it will bring about the End Times where all of the Jews die. Worst anti-Semitism in the world!

— Cenk Uygur (@cenkuygur) March 7, 2019
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2019, 12:13:14 AM »
I know there are myriad interpretations of Biblical prophecy, but I'm not sure I'm familiar with the one where the Jews all get wacked. I wonder where Cenk got that idea.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2019, 12:36:11 AM »
More twist

‘She seems very sorry’: Ilhan Omar retweets attack on Meghan McCain for her ‘faux outrage’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/03/07/she-seems-very-sorry-ilhan-omar-retweets-attack-on-meghan-mccain-for-her-faux-outrage/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2019, 10:14:06 AM »
I know there are myriad interpretations of Biblical prophecy, but I'm not sure I'm familiar with the one where the Jews all get wacked. I wonder where Cenk got that idea.

I've been with Israel-loving Christians all my life and I've never heard of that one either.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2019, 10:42:03 AM »
I've been with Israel-loving Christians all my life and I've never heard of that one either.

Jews/Muslims = good

Evangelical Christians = bad
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2019, 10:45:07 AM »

Honestly, I'm fairly certain the vast majority of Evangelical Christians think our backing of Israel is preventing the beginnings of the end times. Not hastening it. And that the disappearance of the United States/withdrawal of its support for Israel may well precipitate it.

(Of course, we also know that nothing we do will interfere with the Lord's timeline, so we are simply choosing to do what is right, regardless.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2019, 12:06:11 PM »
I couldn’t have been more wrong on the congressional response.

It really surprises me they didn’t throw her under the bus in a bipartisan fashion.

Not only is she not “toast” like I expected she may have come out of this more emboldened.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2019, 12:08:25 PM »
I for one have no problem with her and AOC being the face of the democrat party.
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »
I couldn’t have been more wrong on the congressional response.

It really surprises me they didn’t throw her under the bus in a bipartisan fashion.

Not only is she not “toast” like I expected she may have come out of this more emboldened.

You don't know the proper victim group hierarchy, then.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »

Now she's attacking St. Obama

Rep. Ilhan Omar slams Barack Obama's message of 'hope and change' as a 'mirage'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ilhan-omar-slams-barack-obamas-message-of-hope-and-change-as-a-mirage
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2019, 04:09:48 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ilhan-omar-slams-barack-obamas-message-of-hope-and-change-as-a-mirage

As far as real consequences, that might be worse than all the anti semitic comments. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2019, 04:10:24 PM »
She also just had the gall to call the Rs that voted "no" - on the bill about her - anti-semites.

A prudent person would try and stay under the radar for a while. I'm kinda glad she isn't doing that. I might go ahead and call 2020 for Trump now.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2019, 04:21:00 PM »
I'm waiting for her to call David Duke up on stage with her and Louis Farrakhan.

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »
I'm waiting for her to start on Hillary. And you know what that would mean....
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2019, 04:23:42 PM »
[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2019, 07:27:05 PM »

:rofl:  Criticizing Obama ain't nothin'. She's gutting the narrative that Donald Trump ushered in the new Dark Ages.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2019, 07:40:42 PM »
"The incident that happened with, I don't think our colleague is anti-Semitic, I think she has a different experience in the use of words, doesn't understand that some of them are fraught with meaning, that she, what, didn't realize." - @speakerpelosi on @ilhan
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/03/08/pelosi-doubles-down-on-the-ilhan-omar-just-doesnt-understand-what-shes-saying-n2542848

:facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes