Author Topic: Omar Needs to Go  (Read 10669 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Omar Needs to Go
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2019, 01:15:27 PM »
I'll give Omar one thing, she's pretty much knocked AOC off the front page
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2019, 09:03:37 AM »
    Fox News’ Guerin Hays asks Ilhan Omar about last week's Politico article: “Do you think President Obama is the same as President Trump?”

Omar: “Absolutely not. … One is human the other is not”

Omar's dehumanizing remarks come after she was slammed last week for anti-Semitism pic.twitter.com/zFvi4KoicY
    — Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 12, 2019
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2019/03/12/omar-says-trump-is-not-a-human-n2542968
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2019, 11:59:13 AM »
That sort of rhetoric seems to be common in some circles these days, but the dehumanizing stuff bothers me.  You can justify a lot of otherwise terrible actions if you tell yourself they aren't real people.  I don't want drag this too far afield, but people sometimes wonder how Govt sanctioned mass murder happens, well that is how it happens.  I am sure most who use that rhetoric aren't thinking anything as bad as that, but it bothers me anyway.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2019, 12:28:11 PM »
That sort of rhetoric seems to be common in some circles these days, but the dehumanizing stuff bothers me.  You can justify a lot of otherwise terrible actions if you tell yourself they aren't real people.  I don't want drag this too far afield, but people sometimes wonder how Govt sanctioned mass murder happens, well that is how it happens.  I am sure most who use that rhetoric aren't thinking anything as bad as that, but it bothers me anyway.

Totally agree with you on this point, the dehumanizing really bothers me.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »

You have it backwards. They hate us. They hate us so much, they have to dehumanize us in order to justify their murderous hate.

The hate came first, then the dehuminization.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2019, 03:05:00 PM »
You have it backwards. They hate us. They hate us so much, they have to dehumanize us in order to justify their murderous hate.

The hate came first, then the dehuminization.
I don't think I was trying to say the hate came after.  It was the murder and death camps that come after. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2019, 12:59:38 PM »
I for one have no problem with her and AOC being the face of the democrat party.

The (D) party deserves both of them.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2019, 08:56:34 AM »
I don't see many people really wanting to de-escalate.

“42 percent of the people in each party view the opposition as ‘downright evil.’” A stunning 20 percent of Democrats and 16 percent of Republicans believe “we’d be better off as a country if large numbers of the opposing party in the public today just died.” And if the opposing party wins the 2020 election, 18 percent of Democrats and 13 percent of Republicans “feel violence would be justified.”

We hear quite a bit about “dehumanizing rhetoric” in American public life. Well, it appears that tens of millions of Americans now have dehumanizing beliefs. “One out of five Republicans and Democrats agree with the statement that their political adversaries ‘lack the traits to be considered fully human — they behave like animals.’”
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
I don't see many people really wanting to de-escalate.

Which side has a history of putting people into gulags and gas chambers?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2019, 10:08:33 AM »
It's too bad the 10th Amendment is dead.

People could live in the state with the political climate they like.... rather than forcing it on the whole country.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2019, 03:56:05 PM »
It's okay, Omar will say something anti-Semitic within the next week.  She can't help herself. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2019, 07:51:43 PM »
It's okay, Omar will say something anti-Semitic within the next week.  She can't help herself. 

Or possibly in the next day:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/israel-launches-airstrikes-on-terror-sites-in-gaza-after-attack-on-tel-aviv-military-says
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2019, 09:34:09 AM »
Ruh Roh Raggy

Long story short, according to this she's been holding closed to the press and public fundraisers with groups with known ties to terrorism

Oh, So Ilhan Omar Has Been Holding Secret Fundraisers For Groups That Support Terrorism
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/03/26/oh-so-ilhan-omar-has-been-holding-secret-fundraisers-for-groups-that-support-ter-n2543561
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2019, 11:28:38 PM »
How do you even........?

This is abhorrent and inhumane.

It's without a doubt a reflection of what white nationalism is doing to our country. As a country, we have to acknowledge that this is how people are being treated here and decide that we are better and we must do better. https://t.co/5YNAJFNZo7

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) March 28, 2019

Rep. Ilhan Omar calls overcrowding at El Paso border ‘a reflection of white nationalism’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/03/28/rep-ilhan-omar-calls-overcrowding-at-el-paso-border-a-reflection-of-white-nationalism/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »
So she admits there's an emergency on the border?  Great. 

I knew that Omar and Trump could find common ground.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2019, 02:24:25 PM »
So she admits there's an emergency on the border?  Great.  

I knew that Omar and Trump could find common ground.

LOL. Yeah, white nationalism. And climate change. And toxic masculinity. And CFCs. And the International Jooish Banker Conspiracy.TM
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2019, 12:09:34 PM »
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) once again landed in hot water after past remarks at a CAIR fundraiser last month showed her downplaying the 9/11 terror attacks. She referred to the 9/11 attacks as an event where “some people did something.”

Lets just say the NY Post decided to respond

Here's Your 'Something': NY Post Takes Ilhan Omar To The Woodshed Over Her 9/11 Terror Attack Remarks
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/04/11/heres-your-something-ny-post-takes-ilhan-omar-to-the-woodshed-over-her-9-11-t-n2544623
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2019, 04:44:39 PM »
LOL. Yeah, white nationalism. And climate change. And toxic masculinity. And CFCs. And the International Jooish Banker Conspiracy.TM

The above was supposed to be a response to the below, but I quoted the wrong post. Can't fix it anymore.

How do you even........?

Rep. Ilhan Omar calls overcrowding at El Paso border ‘a reflection of white nationalism’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/03/28/rep-ilhan-omar-calls-overcrowding-at-el-paso-border-a-reflection-of-white-nationalism/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2019, 10:21:18 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2019, 09:54:12 AM »
Meanwhile, Omar has begun writing headlines for Reuters.

https://ricochet.com/614031/man-arrested-the-why-is-unclear/

(see comment section)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2019, 10:51:34 AM »
The guy is a Somali immigrant. He's one of her peeps.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design