Author Topic: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation  (Read 24887 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« on: February 14, 2019, 01:46:10 PM »
So I had no idea who this guy was until this alleged attack occurred a couple of weeks ago. Whether you think his story is fishy or legit, the role of the police has been interesting to me. From what I've seen, they've poured more resources into this investigation than they would for the murder of a nobody.

You have to wonder how ordinary citizens feel when the Chicago PD tells them they are too understaffed to do much about a rape or murder, but throw everything they've got into this because "celebrity", "diversity" "LGBTQDFG", or whatever is causing them to follow up so thoroughly. I would also be concerned about privacy issues regarding how they bloodhounded the two individuals in the video.

Part of all the extra and (to me) intrusive extra investigation of potential suspects seems to be because Smollett only turned over partial and redacted phone records from the time of the incident, that were actually on either side of the time the incident occurred (though he said he was on the phone when the incident occurred), so they were of no use to police. If it turns out this guy was doing one of those hate crime setups, I do hope he sees full prosecution.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/14/new-chicago-police-have-idd-and-are-questioning-the-two-people-from-the-surveillance-photo-jussiesmollett/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »
Like you, until this story hit the news I had never heard of the guy.

The articles I've read say the two individuals were seen leaving the area 20 minutes (or so) before the [alleged] attack. They also say there's a one-minute gap in the video, so the actual attack isn't shown (how convenient), but within the span of one minute Smollett goes from condition white to having been insulted, beat up, and had a noose put around his neck. (And either fought back, or didn't -- depending on which version of his story you pay attention to.)

So far, IMHO, it doesn't add up. I think he created the entire story.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
There was also a supposed "redneck" on the loose at the time, and one version (as stated by the alleged victim) was that he was eating a sandwich and held onto it through the entire attack, which seems weird to me. Somebody tries putting a noose around my neck, my sandwich is either hitting the floor or getting stuffed in my assailant's face.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »
Because Chi-town is MAGA country.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »
Because Chi-town is MAGA country.
Yeah, especially lower wacker drive. Rolls eyes.
Whole bunch of things don’t add up. Second city cop blog is a good read from the street cops viewpoint.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 05:30:55 PM »
Whole bunch of things don’t add up. Second city cop blog is a good read from the street cops viewpoint.

Link?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:36:57 PM »
Now it's being reported that the two individuals in the video are both extras on "Empire". Starting to stink like Limburger.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »
Now it's being reported that the two individuals in the video are both extras on "Empire". Starting to stink like Limburger.

It's been stinking like Limburger for a while ( maybe since the beginning). I have a hunch they started this for publicity and it has snowballed. If they cop to it now he will be ostracized from his community of liberal darlings and only get walk-ons as an extra. I feel he screwed the pooch, but I could be wrong.

bob

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »
Kudos to the city of Chicago and the neighborhood involved for not jumping on the Trump/maga hatred bandwagon.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 10:54:32 PM »
I guess we'll hear no more of this story.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 08:50:38 AM »
More
The whole thing smelled fishy from the get go

‘Multiple sources’ saying that Jussie Smollett attack was staged because he was being written out of show; Updated
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/02/14/multiple-sources-saying-that-jussie-smollett-attack-was-staged-because-he-was-being-written-out-of-show/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 01:47:04 PM »
So, two Nigerians are currently under arrest. I did not know there were Nigerian rednecks. Police confirm they have a "relationship" with Smollett. Smollett is still being considered a victim. I guess this is where it gets interesting in the "who sells out who?" arena.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/15/nigerian-rednecks-who-allegedly-attacked-jussie-smollett-have-been-arrested-and-have-a-relationship-with-him/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 02:10:00 PM »
It made sense from the beginning that the "assailants" were black. A couple of black guys would be more likely to know who Smollett was, and more likely to have strong feelings against homosexuality. That's assuming it was really an attack, and not staged. But Nigeria? I doubt Nigeria is very woke about the diverse rainbow of sexuality.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »
I guess we'll hear no more of this story.

Except in a couple of years when the left brings it up as an example of how hateful and bigoted this country is. Along with that horrid attack on that noble Native American drummer!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2019, 03:55:33 PM »
So, two Nigerians are currently under arrest. I did not know there were Nigerian rednecks. Police confirm they have a "relationship" with Smollett. Smollett is still being considered a victim. I guess this is where it gets interesting in the "who sells out who?" arena.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/15/nigerian-rednecks-who-allegedly-attacked-jussie-smollett-have-been-arrested-and-have-a-relationship-with-him/

Hmmm ...

Police now calling the brothers “Potential Suspects”. Detectives have probable cause that they may have been invovled [sic]in an alleged crime.

Note: "May" have been involved in an "alleged" crime. Nature of crime not stated. Definitely not stated that they may have been assailants, so the alleged crime could as well be accessories to making a false police report.

Stay tuned.  [popcorn]

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 04:12:30 PM »
My bet is on some kind of lover's quarrel . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 11:28:14 PM »
Just keep repeating, diversity is our strength, diversity is our strength...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 10:41:59 AM »
USA Today has links in other stories to an article about two suspects being "arrested." Follow the link to the story, and it says they have been released. No mention of an arrest.

It seems to be more and more clear that there was no attack, just a PR stunt.

The lamestream media also seem to be conspicuously silent on the fact that Smollett claimed the assailants were white, but the only two suspects are black.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 12:25:13 PM »
https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others-allegedly-being-written-off-empire/5138497/

I don't think this says anything new.  I heard they searched the apartment of the two guys and found evidence that they did the attack, but this article doesn't say that.  Not sure where that comment came from. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 05:40:11 PM »
It appears that the Nigerians bought the rope and are cooperating with LE. Smollett has hired Harvey Weinstein's attorney.

There are several prominent politicians that went on a "hate the white man" rampage over this. Will they backpedal, rationalize, or just hide until this drops down the news loops?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/02/16/report-those-two-nigerian-brothers-purchased-the-rope-found-around-jussie-smolletts-neck/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 11:02:32 PM »
It appears that the Nigerians bought the rope and are cooperating with LE. Smollett has hired Harvey Weinstein's attorney.

There are several prominent politicians that went on a "hate the white man" rampage over this. Will they backpedal, rationalize, or just hide until this drops down the news loops?

None of the above. They will never get asked about it, so they never have to worry about being wrong.

Besides, it COULD have happened, so they weren't wrong in the big picture, just like with those racist Catholic MAGA boys.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought