Author Topic: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation  (Read 24853 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2019, 10:25:50 AM »

Okay, I have to ask being new here and all. How does "our" definition of TDS differ?

I don't think "our" definition is any different. That article looks okay to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »
Okay, thanks. Was wondering if there was something I wasn't aware of.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »
Live by the media, die by the media

Defense Attorney: Jussie Smollett a Victim of a ‘Media Gangbang’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/03/09/defense-attorney-jussie-smollett-a-victim-of-a-media-gangbang/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2019, 01:15:34 PM »
So Geragos is still running with the "He's the victim" story. That's a loser. I think the reason the media turned against him so vehemently is that they (the media) don't like to be used as tools, and that's what Smollett did. After all, the reason he staged the "attack" was that his previous attempt at generating attention and sympathy as a "victim" didn't get any traction ... so he chose to up the ante.

Bad choice.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/03/07/northwestern-employees-fired-jussie-smollett-attack/

The risk manager asks you to please not look up the medical records of celebrities.  That is because I will run an access log to see who has been looking at the records and ask you why.  If you don't have a legitimate reason, I will likely fire you and you can go complain to the Feds about how your breach of HIPAA should be excused.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2019, 03:44:12 PM »
The point was, in looking it up as the acronym, "TDS," it didn't show up, per my link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDS

To find it on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome  you have to know what it is in the first place.

Like looking up how to spell sychology or neumonia.

Example:  Putting TANSTAAFL in (my) search window gives you the full meaning, whereas doing that with TDS doesn't.

No biggie.  Half the reason I posted that was my ongoing running gripe about overuse of acronyms.

IOW HTRIPTWMORGAOOA.

The other half was my ongoing running gripe about overuse of acronyms.

It is said (somewhere), "Thou shalt not bear false witness."  Or, TSNBFW.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:36:58 AM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
It does show up per your link
It's the bottom result

TDS
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
   Look up TDS in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

TDS may refer to:
Contents

1 Business
    2 Computing
    3 Military
    4 Science
    5 Other uses

Business

An oscilloscope product line by Tektronix
    Telephone and Data Systems or TDS Telecom, US telephony provider
    Thompson Dorfman Sweatman, a law firm based in Winnipeg, Canada

Computing

Tabular Data Stream, a computer protocol normally used by database servers
    TeX Directory Structure, a directory hierarchy for macros, fonts, and the other implementation-independent TeX system files
    Transposition driven scheduling, an algorithm for solving puzzles efficiently in parallel computer systems

Military

Tonga Defence Services, the armed forces of Tonga
    United States Army Trial Defense Service

Science

Ter die sumendum (TDS), a medical abbreviation meaning three times a day
    Thermal desorption spectroscopy (TDS), to observe molecules desorbed from a surface
    Tornado debris signature on weather radar
    Total dissolved solids in water
    Transderivational search or fuzzy search in psychology

Other uses

The Daily Show, an American late-night talk and news satire television program
    Tax Deducted at Source, a means of collecting income tax in India
    Tenancy Deposit Scheme (England and Wales)
    Time-driven switching, in data communications
    Technical data sheet, a CDMA technology term
    TopDrawerSoccer.com, a college soccer website
    Trump Derangement Syndrome, neologism framing opposition to the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump, in terms similar to mental disorders
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2019, 04:06:16 PM »
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/03/07/northwestern-employees-fired-jussie-smollett-attack/

The risk manager asks you to please not look up the medical records of celebrities.  That is because I will run an access log to see who has been looking at the records and ask you why.  If you don't have a legitimate reason, I will likely fire you and you can go complain to the Feds about how your breach of HIPAA should be excused.

"Northwestern Hospital Employees Fired For Accessing Jussie Smollett’s Medical Records Say They Didn’t Do It"

Funny, Smollett is saying the same thing ...
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »
The point was, in looking it up as the acronym, "TDS", it didn't show up, per the link:

To find it on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome, you have to know what it is in the first place.

Like looking up how to spell sychology or neumonia.

Example:  Putting TANSTAAFL in (my) search window gives you the full meaning, whereas doing that with TDS doesn't.

No biggie.  Half the reason I posted that was my ongoing running gripe about overuse of acronyms.

IOW HTRIPTWMORGAOOA.

The other half was my ongoing running gripe about overuse of acronyms.

Terry, 230RN

"TDS" isn't an acronym.  It's an initialism.   HTH  :angel:
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2019, 04:45:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure the reason they are throwing the book at Smollett is because he even insinuated that Chicago is MAGA country...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2019, 07:19:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure the reason they are throwing the book at Smollett is because he even insinuated that Chicago is MAGA country...

It is.  Make America Gangsta Again.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2019, 11:23:35 AM »
Being a good standing member of the party has its privileges...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/empire-jussie-smollett-emergency-court-hearing/

Prosecutors on Tuesday dropped charges against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett at a surprise court hearing.

The actor, who was charged with 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly hiring two men to attack him in a staged hate-crime attack near his Streeterville home in January, has reached a deferred prosecution deal with prosecutors that will wipe out the charges against him. Smollett will forfeit the $10,000 he posted for bond.

“After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollet’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case,” the Cook County state’s attorney’s office said in statement.

Smollett’s attorneys Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes issued a statement after the hearing:

“Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgment.

“Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result.

“Jussie is relieved to have this situation behind him and is very much looking forward to getting back to focusing on his family, friends and career.”

Smollett on March 14 pleaded not guilty to charges he staged a hate-crime attack against himself in Streeterville.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2019, 11:27:14 AM »
Being a good standing member of the party has its privileges...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/empire-jussie-smollett-emergency-court-hearing/

ARE YOU *expletive deleted*ing KIDDING ME!?! 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2019, 11:27:29 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2019, 11:27:34 AM »
Back to my statement elsewhere about "The rules don't apply to them"....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »

BREAKING: Chicago Prosecutors DROP CHARGES Against Jussie Smollett Over Faked Hate Crime — 16 Felony Counts WIPED CLEAN!

Maybe he knew somebody …  =|

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/03/breaking-chicago-prosecutors-drop-charges-against-jussie-smollett/

[popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2019, 11:52:58 AM »
BREAKING: Chicago Prosecutors DROP CHARGES Against Jussie Smollett Over Faked Hate Crime — 16 Felony Counts WIPED CLEAN!

Maybe he knew somebody …  =|

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/03/breaking-chicago-prosecutors-drop-charges-against-jussie-smollett/

[popcorn]

You're half an hour slow.  :old:
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. [\quote]

:rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »
Must be that white privilege I've been hearing about...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2019, 12:32:24 PM »
BTW, Where are all of us white folks meeting for the riots and car turning over?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2019, 12:37:05 PM »
Bizarre turn of events.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2019, 12:42:06 PM »
Bizarre turn of events.

But hardly unprecedented. Once again, we see that some people are more equal than others. I am certain that the charges would not have been dropped if the [alleged] perpetrator were not a celebrity.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47711535

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
Found this
According to the article Chicago's FOP was calling for a federal probe into whether or not Michelle Obama's former chief of staff was interfering in the case. The article is from March 22, 4 days ago.

Cops call for federal probe related to Obama aide involvement in Jussie Smollett case
https://pagesix.com/2019/03/22/union-calls-for-federal-probe-related-to-obama-aide-involvement-in-jussie-smollett-case/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2019, 01:45:01 PM »
This could get interesting

So SA Foxx recused herself over apparent conflicts of interest and then un-recuseed herself and dropped the charges.
Yep, nothing suspicious about that. Nope, not at all.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/03/26/shady-chicago-pd-reportedly-furious-at-sa-kim-foxx-who-recused-herself-for-dropping-charges-against-jussie-smollett/

Oh and this

UPDATE: Cook County SAO says charges dropped because Jussie Smollett forfeited his $10,000 bond and for his 'volunteer service in the community' https://t.co/tGr1Ux19SR

— Twitchy Team (@TwitchyTeam) March 26, 2019
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2019, 02:13:32 PM »
So SA Foxx recused herself over apparent conflicts of interest and then un-recuseed herself and dropped the charges.
Yep, nothing suspicious about that. Nope, not at all.

Is there a source on that? According to this sounds like she remained recused?
First Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Magats said the decision to drop the charges should not be interpreted that Smollett did not do what police and prosecutors have alleged — pay his assailants to fake the attack and then falsely report the incident to police.
Magats, who became the final decision maker on the case after Foxx recused herself in mid-February, said prosecutors made the decision to drop the charges against Smollett under the same criteria they would any other defendant.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.