Author Topic: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation  (Read 24796 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 12:16:59 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 01:03:51 AM »
None of the above. They will never get asked about it, so they never have to worry about being wrong.

Besides, it COULD have happened, so they weren't wrong in the big picture, just like with those racist Catholic MAGA boys.

Correct.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 09:08:20 AM »
Besides, it COULD have happened, so they weren't wrong in the big picture, just like with those racist Catholic MAGA boys.

"Journalists" are already making excuses and practically creating "victim status part 2" for him. If America weren't so evil, he wouldn't have had to resort to this, and really he's doing us a favor by creating a national discussion.

Nevermind that had some "rednecks" coincidentally been in the area, they might have very well had their lives ruined, even if they would have eventually been found innocent (after losing their jobs, going broke in legal fees, etc.).

Yet this crap keeps happening, because there is never any punishment for the perpetrator(s). In fact they are "victims" for being caught.

And people on the left wonder why Hillary's "deplorable" rant became a rallying cry that got Trump elected.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »
It’s a real problem when there aren’t enough real redneck maga attacks that they have to stage fake ones to keep the hate on.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »
"Journalists" are already making excuses and practically creating "victim status part 2" for him. If America weren't so evil, he wouldn't have had to resort to this, and really he's doing us a favor by creating a national discussion.

The truth must be defended against the lies of facts at all costs
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:05:06 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »
With the way the media works and the avg persons short attention span many will remember the accusations but never hear of the resolution.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2019, 09:44:36 PM »
With the way the media works and the avg persons short attention span many will remember the accusations but never hear of the resolution.

It will be burried by something else by then anyway.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 10:28:31 PM »
It’s a real problem when there aren’t enough real redneck maga attacks that they have to stage fake ones to keep the hate on.
How can you be an oppressed victim if there is no oppression?  I am sure he justifies the the lie because of all the "real" oppression that goes unreported in his fantasy world. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
A few interesting things going on:

Cory Booker now says "We must withhold judgement" until more information comes to light. Pretty much the opposite of what he did when this first came out.

Nancy Pelosi thought she could delete her tweet and make it all go away, but the Internet is forever.

A Vox "reporter" (how the hell is Vox a news source?) states on CNN that no news outlets spread the "MAGA country" snippet - that was all celebrities, not reliable news sources. I'm pretty sure almost every news outlet made that the lead.

Meanwhile, in Tennessee, a guy pulls a gun on a couple that were wearing MAGA hats and says, "It's a good day for you to die." Somehow, when the MAGA hat is on the other foot, so to speak, the altercation is nowhere to be found in the MSM (or celebrity tweets).

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/17/guy-arrested-after-allegedly-pulling-gun-on-a-couple-wearing-maga-hats-but-why-he-couldnt-flee-the-scene-is-an-instant-classic/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2019, 09:28:46 AM »
Just read that the evidence the Chitown cops have collected has been turned over to a grand jury.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2019, 10:25:21 AM »
Just read that the evidence the Chitown cops have collected has been turned over to a grand jury.

From what I have read, if he's found guilty of sending the fake anthrax letters to the show, he may very well do some seriously hard time.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2019, 10:27:51 AM »
Lost count of how many of these "MAGA attacks" have been proven false.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2019, 11:04:59 AM »
Lost count of how many of these "MAGA attacks" have been proven false.

All of them....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2019, 11:14:26 AM »
All of them....
Everyone I've heard about.
Just lost count of the sheer number a while back
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2019, 11:17:32 AM »
Here's an attack on a MAGA hat wearing man that is true.

https://www.wnky.com/man-accused-of-pulling-gun-on-couple-wearing-maga-hats/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
Here's an attack on a MAGA hat wearing man that is true.

https://www.wnky.com/man-accused-of-pulling-gun-on-couple-wearing-maga-hats/

I'm referring to the other way around.
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2019, 11:25:29 AM »
I'm referring to the other way around.

I know, but somehow the left is going to blame the people wearing the hats for the attack.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2019, 12:07:09 PM »
I know, but somehow the left is going to blame the people wearing the hats for the attack.

It's OK to pull a gun on a Nazi.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2019, 12:10:38 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »
So . . . Smollet's claims are factually incorrect but morally right?

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 06:57:39 AM »
CNN has just announced that it's hiring Smollett as its new lead investigative reporter
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 09:40:19 AM »
According to this he staged the attack because their was a racist incident that in his opinion didn't get enough attention. But, I'm getting the impression, they don't come right out and say it, that that "attack" may have been staged too.

Report: Jussie Smollett Staged Attack After Racist Letter Didn’t Get ‘Bigger Reaction’
https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-jussie-smollett-staged-attack-after-racist-letter-didnt-get-bigger-reaction
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:41 AM »
Report: Jussie Smollett Staged Attack After Racist Letter Didn’t Get ‘Bigger Reaction’
https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-jussie-smollett-staged-attack-after-racist-letter-didnt-get-bigger-reaction

Note this part:

The missive itself contained letters cut out from magazines to create “racial and homophobic threats” towards Smollett specifically. During a search of the Osundairo brothers’ home last week, CPD reportedly found and took a “magazine, a wallet with stamps and piece of paper/writing.”

A different story I read says that the magazines (that story had it in plural) were missing pages. The inference was that the "letter" was his first attempt at attention and when that didn't draw enough sympathy, he escalated.

Also infuriating was his quote to cops that he would absolutely press charges when they caught "the bad guys" which means he was absolutely willing to sell a couple of innocent white guys up the river to keep his story going. As far as I'm concerned, he should be charged with whatever his fake assailants would have been charged with. So a "hate crime" assault that should land him in prison from 5-10.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:02 AM »
Yeah, the magazine part is what is giving me the impression that the first (letter) attack was staged as well.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2019, 10:46:06 AM »
And I liked him in 'Alien: Covenant', where had had a particularly gruesome death while humping his girlfriend in the shower.  All was going well until the Alien punched right through the back of his head.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.