Author Topic: Unlike Smollett's, This Attack is "Alleged"  (Read 1162 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Unlike Smollett's, This Attack is "Alleged"
« on: February 21, 2019, 01:20:29 PM »
Interesting that even with video, this "hate crime" is alleged. As the article suggests, I think this would be a different story if the attacker wore a red cap.  Quite a different response (or lack thereof) by the newz than the Smollett fake attack. Hopefully this guy goes to jail for a while. Angry, angry, Left. At the crucible of free speech no less.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/21/someone-is-going-to-jail-tpusa-activist-punched-in-the-face-while-recruiting-at-uc-berkeley-video/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Unlike Smollett's, This Attack is "Alleged"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 01:36:11 PM »
At the crucible of free speech no less.

That ship has sailed, and long, long ago.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 01:58:15 PM »
I'm reminded of something I read on Larry Corriea's blog a couple months back:

Quote from: Monster Hunter Nation
A friend of mine who is a political activist said something interesting the other day, and that was for most people on the left political violence is a knob, and they can turn the heat up and down, with things like protests, and riots, all the way up to destruction of property, and sometimes murder… But for the vast majority of folks on the right, it’s an off and on switch. And the settings are Vote or Shoot *expletive deleted*ing Everybody.

source blog post

I think that's more on point than a lot of people think.  DudeBro in the black shirt, I suspect, honestly believes that he only nudged his knob from 5 to maybe 5.5 or 6, and now that the racist has been shown who's boss, it's back down to 5.  No big deal.  I, and I suspect a bunch of folks on the right, watching that consider the morality of just shooting him in the face. (note, I said morality, not legality.  Separate things)  I mean, he's clearly willing to use unprovoked physical violence to abridge the freedoms of someone else, why should not violence be turned on him?  It would cut way down on future assaults by that DudeBro.

And therein lies the rub:  He thinks he made a small, temporary, adjustment to his political behavior, and we think he crossed a large, red line.  Him and his friends would be shocked, and would truly not understand why some of us consider him punching a fellow student and him getting shot pretty even in morality.

I'm not sure how to explain it to them in a fashion they'd understand either.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:04:12 PM »
They might understand when a mob of them gets ventilated when they try to rough up the wrong person. But, I doubt it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »
They might understand when a mob of them gets ventilated when they try to rough up the wrong person. But, I doubt it.

No, they won't.  They'll die confused, and the survivors will take to the media decrying the violence used against them, because they will legitimately think it is different from their behavior.

We're all speaking English, but we aren't talking in the same language.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 04:07:38 PM »
No, they won't.  They'll die confused, and the survivors will take to the media decrying the violence used against them, because they will legitimately think it is different from their behavior.

We're all speaking English, but we aren't talking in the same language.

This. People keep saying "one day they'll mess with the wrong person." They even say that about the Black Lives Matter riots, apparently not realizing that BLM all started because "they" messed with people like G. Zimmerman and Darren Wilson - who used guns in self-defense.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 04:41:05 PM »

No. The left are the eternal victims. They can't even understand why someone on the right might fight back, the right are nazis.

They have entire indoctrination camp college curricula that teach hierarchies of victimhood.

Dudebro in the video probably thought of himself as a white knight protecting someone's lgbtqwomynminorityvictimness by attacking the other man- therefor, a victim by proxy.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 06:24:30 PM »
Wow, going directly, exactly, to Dogmush's post, we have this:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uc-berkeley-employee-cheered-assault-on-conservative-student-tweeting-this-makes-me-feel-emotionally-so-much-better

He tweeted: “OH MY GOD THE MAGA PEOPLE ON UC BERKELEY CAMPUS YESTERDAY GOT PUNCHED IN THE FACE BY SOMEONE THIS MAKES ME FEEL EMOTIONALLY SO MUCH BETTER.”

Panda thanked the apparent attacker, who has yet to be identified, for punching conservative activist Hayden Williams and “not letting it go unchallenged.”

“Hope you aren’t in too much trouble,” he added, before adding an expletive addressed to Turning Point USA, the organization which was recruiting at the time.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 10:53:31 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+righteous+mind+jonathan+Haidt

This guys research and this book are eye opening to say the least. Give him a listen or read the book.

His moral matrix explanation really does make our current political/cultural more understandable.

Especially the gulf between what we see as hypocrisy or inconsistency on the lefts part and why they level the same accusations at the right.

Pretty interesting conclusions he comes to, especially considering he is a self identified “atheist liberal American Jew”.

His book is one the most interesting books I’ve read this decade.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 11:03:14 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+righteous+mind+jonathan+Haidt

This guys research and this book are eye opening to say the least. Give him a listen or read the book.

His moral matrix explanation really does make our current political/cultural more understandable.

Especially the gulf between what we see as hypocrisy or inconsistency on the lefts part and why they level the same accusations at the right.

Pretty interesting conclusions he comes to, especially considering he is a self identified “atheist liberal American Jew”.

His book is one the most interesting books I’ve read this decade.

Hey, welcome to 2012, buddy!  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 11:10:36 AM »

Hey, welcome to 2012, buddy!  :P
Yea, it sat in my Amazon cart for a long time.

Finally read it a couple years ago. I reread it last year and was still impressed the second time through.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 04:47:20 PM »
Pleading "not guilty". It'll be interesting to see how he refutes the several videos of the punch.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/defendant-in-uc-berkeley-assault-pleads-not-guilty

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 04:59:54 PM »
Pleading "not guilty". It'll be interesting to see how he refutes the several videos of the punch.

The Russians doctored the videos
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 05:10:33 PM »
The Russians Nigerians doctored the videos

Fixed that for you.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 05:13:57 PM »
Fixed that for you.

Sure they weren't Russian Nigerians?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 05:15:43 PM »

He'll probably be found guilty and get a slap on the wrist.

Remember Eric Clanton?  He assaulted several people by hitting them over the head with a bike lock in Berkeley:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/05/26/professor-suspected-in-berkeley-bike-lock-attack-arraigned-in-oakland-court/

He got probation:

https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/08/08/eric-clanton-takes-3-year-probation-deal-in-berkeley-rally-bike-lock-assault-case

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama