Author Topic: Houston: Mayor Turner Drills Pothole So He Can Fix It.  (Read 405 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Houston: Mayor Turner Drills Pothole So He Can Fix It.
« on: February 21, 2019, 11:22:03 PM »
https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/the-pursuit-of-happiness/content/2019-02-19-houston-mayor-turner-drills-pothole-so-he-can-fix-it-no-really/

I thought I would pass this on for your entertainment.  The current Mayor of Houston ran on getting the potholes fixed on the city streets.  Once elected, that interest fell off.  It seems that he wanted to do a photo op of personally filling a pothole.  Instead of filling one of the many potholes in the city, he had guys cut a new one just so he could fill it.  

He has a wealthy local attorney running against him this time.  Looks like he has already been called out on this.  

I guess this is pretty minor as things go, but it is just funny that it didn't occur to anyone that maybe filling a real pothole would be advisable.  Of course, the people he tied up assisting him that day could have filled a dozen real potholes in that same time if they wanted to.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge