Author Topic: How many Pushups can you do?  (Read 1644 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: How many Pushups can you do?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 09:50:08 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

Awesome story!

We just got back from the IDLife convention and a couple of the 100 pounders shared their stories. It was amazing how many lost 100+ in under a year.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 09:53:11 AM »
Awesome story!

We just got back from the IDLife convention and a couple of the 100 pounders shared their stories. It was amazing how many lost 100+ in under a year.

Yeah - I stumbled into that guy's story in the youtubz rabbit hole, but I do find it pretty inspirational no matter what shape you're in. He does yoga stuff that I can't do.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »
Yeah - I stumbled into that guy's story in the youtubz rabbit hole, but I do find it pretty inspirational no matter what shape you're in. He does yoga stuff that I can't do.

I'm strong with a solid cardio foundation from cycling, but I lack the balance and coordination. I'm sure if I delved into consistent yoga I'd get better but not that good :P
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 11:25:41 AM »
I'm strong with a solid cardio foundation from cycling, but I lack the balance and coordination. I'm sure if I delved into consistent yoga I'd get better but not that good :P

It's interesting on the "consistent". I just now finished up my budokon day, which has lots of yoga, but not any of the advanced "balance" stuff. Because of rewatching that video this morning, I did some tree pose (really not advanced, but it is for me), which I have skipped for weeks. I kept losing my balance. I've never been great at that one, but could generally hold for 30 seconds a leg. Today it was like 10 seconds and wobbly. All from lack of consistent practice.

It's forcing me to break out my "yoga for inflexible people" DVD and practice more of those again. Like muscle, another one of those "getting old" things is loss of balance. The Chinese have it right with the Tai Chi for their oldsters.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 02:07:46 PM »
I was surprisingly a little sore from my max effort pushups the other day.  Today's chest workout concentrated on reps.  I ran the rack up by 10's, sets of 8, from the 40's (did those twice though) to the 80's, and then did 2 sets of 50 incline with the barbell, and then 4 sets of 50 chest press with the barbell.  Did mountain climbers and crunches too.
Tomorrow I'm going to start doing pushups every day for the month of March.  Not sure of the amount yet, maybe 200 per day.
JD

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »
It's interesting on the "consistent". I just now finished up my budokon day, which has lots of yoga, but not any of the advanced "balance" stuff. Because of rewatching that video this morning, I did some tree pose (really not advanced, but it is for me), which I have skipped for weeks. I kept losing my balance. I've never been great at that one, but could generally hold for 30 seconds a leg. Today it was like 10 seconds and wobbly. All from lack of consistent practice.

It's forcing me to break out my "yoga for inflexible people" DVD and practice more of those again. Like muscle, another one of those "getting old" things is loss of balance. The Chinese have it right with the Tai Chi for their oldsters.

If you can find a Wii, the Wii fit yoga is basic, but very unforgiving about being unbalanced. It's nice to get some feedback in the home, too.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 04:47:37 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 08:50:25 AM »
WHY did 2,400 people down vote that video?  :facepalm:

Because youtube.  Also, never ever read the comments on a viral youtube video.  They will literally cause cancer.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 09:04:57 AM »
WHY did 2,400 people down vote that video?  :facepalm:

My guess would be part of it is because of the trainer the guy used. He's a former WWE guy, so you're gonna get people saying he's fake or else people who didn't like his on-air persona, and they took it out on the video.

People on youtube down vote for stupid reasons. Nothing in the video should matter except the guy's determination and results. But it's kind like when people buy a really well made item on Amazon, then give it a one star review because UPS delivered it a day late.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 11:38:05 AM »
250 in sets of 25 during my back workout today.
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2019, 01:03:19 PM »
I think I'll settle on 250 a day for the month.  Today was 2 sets of 50 and then 6 sets of 25.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »
I think I'll settle on 250 a day for the month.  Today was 2 sets of 50 and then 6 sets of 25.

I hate you.

=D

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2019, 10:53:58 AM »
I hate you.

=D

Ha!  Today was easier.  Kind of.  But I didn't workout.  Yesterday's pushups were during my arm workout.

today, 5 sets of 50.  On set 4 and 5 my form was a little spotty after about 40 reps.
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2019, 03:10:44 PM »
Day 6.  Today was another "restish" day.  Just did pushups and 2 miles walking.  Sets of 25 concentrating on good form throughout each rep.
JD