Author Topic: On How SJWs Rationalize Violence  (Read 1515 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On How SJWs Rationalize Violence
« on: February 26, 2019, 10:19:39 AM »
In this thread in RT, Dogmush linked to the Monster Hunter Blog regarding how SJWs see and rationalize violence:

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=59535.msg1198734#msg1198734

Sometimes we think this thought process is linked more to modern SJWs and that "old time liberals" weren't quite as nuts. I just read the below story about the woman (well, one of them because two tried this) who tried to assassinate President Ford. She was recently arrested for parole violation and was asked about what she did. Her answer:

“Am I sorry I tried? Yes and no," she said at her sentencing hearing. "Yes, because it accomplished little except to throw away the rest of my life. And, no, I’m not sorry I tried . . . because at the time it seemed a correct expression of my anger.”

It was simply "an expression of her anger" so it was all okay. Their may not have been as large of a segment of libs who thought like that in the past, but it seems they have always been there. I was a kid when Ford was President, and there was no interwebz. I don't remember great hate and protests over him, but her thought process is no different than the nuts out there today.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-convicted-for-attempted-assassination-of-president-ford-back-in-jail-for-violating-parole-law-enforcement-says
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: On How SJWs Rationalize Violence
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 02:01:54 PM »
Squeaky Fromme was part of the Manson family.  I'd say, pretty far out there for the time.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 02:03:07 PM »
They seem to have even greater moral conviction of their wrong beliefs than most self described religious people.

The armed right, by and large, are armed for defense of self and family.

If the right becomes too successful in instituting it’s policies I could see more extreme leftist violence breaking out.

We already know the right will passively sit there and allow the left to subvert the country with their policies. It’s been going on for decades.

Very few folks on the right think we can shoot our way out of this mess let alone want to, internet bravado aside.

The weapons of this type of warfare aren’t bombs or guns. We think we’ve done good focusing on the 2nd Amendment, and we have, but we really dropped the ball on the rest of our natural rights.

Although, this battle has been going on since before most of us were born, so it’s not entirely our fault.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 02:03:52 PM »
Squeaky Fromme was part of the Manson family.  I'd say, pretty far out there for the time.

Note that this was Sara Jane Moore in the article.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 02:16:30 PM »
After her conviction, Moore expressed remorse over her actions.

“Am I sorry I tried? Yes and no," she said at her sentencing hearing. "Yes, because it accomplished little except to throw away the rest of my life. And, no, I’m not sorry I tried . . . because at the time it seemed a correct expression of my anger.”

Not much on the remorse front. Basically, "I'm sorry I got caught and sent to prison, but I'm not sorry I tried to kill the President."

Interviewed by the Today Show in 2009, Moore said “it was a time that people don’t remember. You know we had a war . . . the Vietnam War, you became, I became, immersed in it. We were saying the country needed to change. The only way it was going to change was a violent revolution. I genuinely thought that [shooting Ford] might trigger that new revolution in this country.”

I guess she had a defective calendar. By the time she tried to kill Ford (who was NOT in any way responsible for the Vietnam war), the war was over.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 03:02:41 PM »

missed that, sorry.   
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »
missed that, sorry.   

No problemo - Fromme was certainly the more well-known.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 03:30:43 PM »
No problemo - Fromme was certainly the more well-known.

Not to mention the more nutty.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 09:59:17 AM »
Not violence (well, apparently it is to SJWs), but this whack job Tlaib:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/02/28/rashida-tlaib-says-it-was-very-hurtful-to-her-that-lynne-patton-stood-up-at-cohen-hearing/

She basically calls out a black woman as an Uncle Tom, then is "hurt" when said woman responds to the insult.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 12:08:44 PM »

I remember that my grandmother had a doberman that she named Sara Jane. People think I use hyperbole when I say half my family were communist.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 12:55:19 PM »
It’s easier to rationalize violence when you are consumed with hatred for the other person/group.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »
It’s easier to rationalize violence when you are consumed with hatred for the other person/group.

Yes.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »

Because it's just self-defense! Like that picture up there.

But seriously, that's exactly how the Germans viewed it. The Jews were oppressing everyone and needed to be eradicated to stop their control of the world.

And the undesirables that they also murdered were weakening the "race" and so also had to be destroyed out of defense of the people.

It's sick, but that's what they believed. (Or told themselves to rationalize it away.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 02:36:08 PM »
We see it in far less brutal effects today, when leftists support negative effects against white men because "They have been on top for too long!"

Of course, the white men who generally suffer come from the lower classes and their entire families, as far as history can trace, could never, EVER be considered "on top" and the leftists who want to "pull them down a peg" tend to be from the families, of whatever race, that were on or near the top...

But that doesn't matter. Because those white guys deserve it.

(FRIGHTENING anecdote: http://www.bainbridgereview.com/news/blakely-teacher-restricts-lego-play-to-her-girl-students-in-the-pursuit-of-gender-equity/

In Keller’s mind, it’s a fair practice “because fair is getting what you need to succeed or to get better.” Fair doesn’t have to be the same, and she says her kindergarteners get that.
At least for now.
While Keller sees more girls in the building area than before, it’s still not the norm, she said.
So the boys will just have to wait their turn.

This woman PURPOSELY handicapped boys from playing with Legos because she wanted girls to get the benefit from playing with building blocks AND NOT THE BOYS. Later on, she pretends it was only a temporary ban and that she had no intention of denying boys Legos forever because it blew up in her face. But she was happy to hinder the boys (and even gleefully JOKING about it!) in their natural development because she could make the girls better. At the expense of boys. That's SICK.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »
I think one of the most hateful words is the word "fair".  Just what is fair?  Or "fairness"?  I do not believe a state of fairness exists anywhere in the galaxy.  One man's castle is another man's prison.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw