Author Topic: Ugh - Boise SJWs and Guns  (Read 1459 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Ugh - Boise SJWs and Guns
« on: February 26, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
Dammit Boise and  your letting in of hippies. This restaurant is in the hippie part of town by the state capitol, surrounded by other hippie establishments but still, it's supposed to be Idaho. There should be some kind of a test before they let jokers that say this kind of crap in (like not letting them in if they say this kind of crap):

btw, I am not against guns, concealed guns, or even open carry w/the exception of being in populated areas like cities w/restaurants, bars, libraries, parks etc. where families w/children are, and where a mass of diversity breathes openly."

Though it's comforting that it IS still Idaho, so the state lawmaker is against the SJW instead of supporting him.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/lawmaker-calls-for-boycott-of-boise-restaurant
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: Ugh - Boise SJWs and Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »
"btw, I am not against guns, concealed guns, or even open carry w/the exception of being in populated areas like cities w/restaurants, bars, libraries, parks etc. where families w/children are, and where a mass of diversity breathes openly, and you know places that make perfect abattoirs for crazy, evil killers."

Fixed your quote for ya, Mr. Restaurant Owner.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »
where a mass of diversity breathes openly."

What in tarnation does that even mean?????

I have been talking to people in Nevada and it seems there is more than a little concern the way the state politics is going, if only I could talk SWMBO into South Dakota. I am afraid no matter how far or how fast we run the liberalism is becoming more pervasive throughout the nation and we will all be touched by it sooner or later. :(

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 06:16:16 PM »
Grampster beat me to it.

Berryhill released a statement that stated in part: "his account is not even close to accurate...btw, I am not against guns, concealed guns, or even open carry w/the exception of being in populated areas like cities w/restaurants, bars, libraries, parks etc. where families w/children are, and where a mass of diversity breathes openly."

In other words, "I'm not against guns, except anywhere that you might need one."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »
I have been talking to people in Nevada and it seems there is more than a little concern the way the state politics is going, if only I could talk SWMBO into South Dakota. I am afraid no matter how far or how fast we run the liberalism is becoming more pervasive throughout the nation and we will all be touched by it sooner or later. :(

I share your concern. I'm looking for a state that's less anti-gun than where I am (which leaves a LOT of choices, admittedly). Montana was fairly high on my list, but they just did something that pretty much removed them from consideration. (No, I don't recall what it was, but it wasn't good.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 07:19:24 PM »

Starbucks
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 07:36:28 PM »

bob

Yeah, free states are definitely dwindling. I think even Texas is becoming a concern, and Florida is getting a big influx of blue staters who don't want to pay high property taxes that they can't deduct anymore. We just saw a couple of bad elections in AZ last November. UT as well since the Salt Lake Metro area I think also got some dems elected last November. I think Montana is going downhill as well.

For West(ish) of the Rockies at least, I think ID, ND, SD, WY are still going to be solidly red for quite some time to come. Partly because blue staters see them as deplorable and lacking culture, and partly because of the Winters. :)

I would worry about what the Boise metro area will do to ID elections as more hippies move there, but the congressional districts are cut somewhat interestingly there in a way that keeps that whole Meridian/Eagle/Boise area from having too much influence (by basically cutting it in half).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 08:11:33 PM »
Yeah, free states are definitely dwindling. I think even Texas is becoming a concern, and Florida is getting a big influx of blue staters who don't want to pay high property taxes that they can't deduct anymore. We just saw a couple of bad elections in AZ last November. UT as well since the Salt Lake Metro area I think also got some dems elected last November. I think Montana is going downhill as well.

For West(ish) of the Rockies at least, I think ID, ND, SD, WY are still going to be solidly red for quite some time to come. Partly because blue staters see them as deplorable and lacking culture, and partly because of the Winters. :)

I would worry about what the Boise metro area will do to ID elections as more hippies move there, but the congressional districts are cut somewhat interestingly there in a way that keeps that whole Meridian/Eagle/Boise area from having too much influence (by basically cutting it in half).

Virginia seems headed that way too. Fortunately, WV isn't that far and TN looks like it won't be going crazy soon.

Maybe the west part of the state can split off into "Not as West Virginia"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 11:48:11 PM »

bob

nevada is super corrupt, the gop handed over victory to the blue.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 07:48:04 AM »

Translation:
My clientele makes me feel comfortable enough that I can't imagine a threat in my life.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 09:06:57 AM »

Translation: I'm worried the brown people might want to carry guns, too.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »

Liberal states are destroying the business climate and pushing businesses and people to more free states.  The problem is many of the liberals are moving with them and are too stupid to realize why they had to leave.  

Also, there are liberal and democrat groups spending many millions of dollars in states like Texas trying to get more Democrats elected.  Even to the point of encouraging people to move into Republican voting districts to shift the voting patterns.  Texas has a whole lot more paid Democrat campaign workers and community organizers living here now than we did a few years ago.  When you hear about candidates like Beto spending tons of money, that is part of it.  It does have an effect.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 09:58:19 AM »
Texas has a whole lot more paid Democrat campaign workers and community organizers living here now than we did a few years ago.  When you hear about candidates like Beto spending tons of money, that is part of it.  It does have an effect.  

I find Texas to be a really good example/warning. It's a state where I would never have expected the "growth of blue" that's going on now. They're certainly not a lost cause - which I think, sadly, Nevada is heading for - but it shows you can't "rest on your laurels" so to speak.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 10:41:27 PM »
Liberal states are destroying the business climate and pushing businesses and people to more free states.  The problem is many of the liberals are moving with them and are too stupid to realize why they had to leave.  

Also, there are liberal and democrat groups spending many millions of dollars in states like Texas trying to get more Democrats elected.  Even to the point of encouraging people to move into Republican voting districts to shift the voting patterns.  Texas has a whole lot more paid Democrat campaign workers and community organizers living here now than we did a few years ago.  When you hear about candidates like Beto spending tons of money, that is part of it.  It does have an effect.  
A new friend in Reno AA unfriended me on facebook due to this, she moved to reno due to the excessive taxes in marin county.
voted str8 blue -
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 07:20:36 AM »
"Liberal states are destroying the business climate and pushing businesses and people to more free states."

Well that's victory! Freedom!

Once we destroy evil capitalism/business, which preys on the proletariat, we'll tax the rich to make them pay their fair share to give all their victims an equal distribution of wealth! UTOPIA!

Hey, what happened to all of the rich tax payers?

They all moved to other states?

Those bastards!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »
"Liberal states are destroying the business climate and pushing businesses and people to more free states."

Well that's victory! Freedom!

Once we destroy evil capitalism/business, which preys on the proletariat, we'll tax the rich to make them pay their fair share to give all their victims an equal distribution of wealth! UTOPIA!

Hey, what happened to all of the rich tax payers?

They all moved to other states?

Those bastards!

Or .... they aren't rich anymore after paying all those taxes!!!  :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 12:13:41 PM »
"Even to the point of encouraging people to move into Republican voting districts to shift the voting patterns."

Wait.  You mean this has finally, finally come to public knowledge?  After I've observed it and shouted about it for years?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 12:22:19 PM »
The USA was conquered by demographic warfare at many levels.

We’re a dead man walking.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »

Bingo!

Diversity is great when it represents people pigeonholed into categories based on their skin color or non-Christian identities, but political wrongthink is not diversity.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 10:17:33 PM »
What in tarnation does that even mean?Huh??

Bingo!

Diversity is great when it represents people pigeonholed into categories based on their skin color or non-Christian identities, but political wrongthink is not diversity.

If I'm being fair (why start now?!), it's equally possible that he's talking about the well-known tendency of gun nuts to be trigger-happy racists. But then he's just imbibing in another flavor of bigotry. 'Course, he's probably fully capable of both types of bigotry at once.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 08:20:16 PM »
If I'm being fair (why start now?!), it's equally possible that he's talking about the well-known tendency of gun nuts to be trigger-happy racists.

... when we're not trying to lynch gay actors of color in Chicago.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 12:33:58 AM »
... when we're not trying to lynch gay actors of color in Chicago.

"Gay actors of color?" Yeah, I'm pretty sure the preferred terminology is "actors of gay of color."