Author Topic: Jackson gay rights leader accused of burning down own home  (Read 611 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Jackson gay rights leader accused of burning down own home
« on: February 27, 2019, 09:14:44 AM »
https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/2816523002?__twitter_impression=true

No one was home as flames leaped from the house Joly shared with Moore. But the home wasn’t unoccupied.

A neighbor, knowing the couple had pets, kicked in the front door but it was too hot to go inside, police said. When firefighters tried to open the back door, it was blocked by the body of a dog.

All five animals died: two German Shepherds and three cats.

Traces of gasoline were later found in five rooms on the first floor of the two-story, wooden-frame house, according to the police report.

Police interviewed resident Robert Tulloch, asking his whereabouts at the time of the fire. He said he was making a deposit at a bank drive-thru, which was confirmed by the investigator, according to the police report.

If he is guilty, it just shows how far some of these people are willing to go.  Killing your own pets is just mean. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Jackson gay rights leader accused of burning down own home
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 09:28:52 AM »
Citizen of the Year, everybody! It appears to have been a woman, actually, not a man. If the police are to be believed, this sounds a little like the Smollet case - she wasn't getting enough attention.

Two people who worked with Joly at St. Johns United Church of Christ, where the Jackson Pride Center was located, said he had been frustrated the controversy over gay rights had died down with the passage of the nondiscrimination law, according to the report.

The church officials, Barbara Shelton and Bobby James, when asked by police about a possible motive for the fire, said Joly was disappointed the Jackson Pride Parade and Festival, held five days before the blaze, hadn’t received more attention or protests.

Contacted by a reporter, James declined to comment. But Shelton quibbled with the way police characterized her remarks, saying she had no idea if Joly was frustrated by the lack of controversy.

“Not sure I said that,” she wrote in an email. “I have no idea about anything, never heard Nikki comment in any fashion about anything like that."

As usual, I hope the damaged lefty gets the help she needs, and doesn't hurt anyone else, or herself.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
Re: Jackson gay rights leader accused of burning down own home
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 09:47:23 AM »
Hopefully they get charged with a hate crime on top of everything else.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama