Author Topic: Dan Crenshaw  (Read 883 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Dan Crenshaw
« on: February 28, 2019, 10:02:23 AM »
Man, this guy continually impresses me. Among other things, he has really been making some good arguments against this stupid HR8. He always states his case in a "calm and forceful", if that makes sense, manner.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/02/28/it-is-our-right-rep-dan-crenshaw-shuts-adam-schiff-down-for-using-thoughts-and-prayers-to-push-gun-control-hr8/

I think that a couple of elections down the road, he would make an excellent presidential candidate. Plus how awesome would it be to have a US president with an eye patch? The world would cower before us!  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Dan Crenshaw
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 10:12:25 AM »
I have been impressed with what I have seen of him myself.  The only thing I found myself disagreeing is he was critical of Trump pulling out of Syria before ISIS was fully wiped out.  I don't consider that a huge disagreement though.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 02:06:37 PM »
Prayer has a much better track record than gun control laws. Of course, thought also has a much better track record. Maybe Congressional Dem's should try thinking.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
He has been impressive. I'd like to see him continue, maybe get a governor's job or the like before thinking of him as Presidential material, but I've not found anything objectionable about him.

(And yes, the eyepatch is awesome. I want a Bond villain for President!)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 02:37:05 PM »
The leftists can’t stand him so even better
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
Not voting for him for president.

Unless he hands out engraved kabars as campaign swag. He has Intel, they read this right?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 10:35:43 AM »
Shapiro/Crenshaw - hour-long interview.

https://youtu.be/6czTCSzWeRE
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 08:46:36 AM »
He has been impressive. I'd like to see him continue, maybe get a governor's job or the like before thinking of him as Presidential material, but I've not found anything objectionable about him.

(And yes, the eyepatch is awesome. I want a Bond villain for President!)
Yep.  He is brand new to politics.  Give him time and experience and see where that leads.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »
I've seen very little about him that's negative, even left leaning publications seem pretty enamored with him.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/03/02/is-dan-crenshaw-the-future-of-the-gop-225257
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
Yep.  He is brand new to politics.  Give him time and experience and see where that leads.

One of the reasons  I mentioned "a couple of elections down the road". Though if he continues on as now, I wouldn't be opposed if he ran six years down the road. Harris is the darling of the dems and is running two years in. Plus Obama. Plus Trump for that matter.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer that people get a little experience under their belt, but not getting overly exposed and beholden to the DC political machine isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 01:43:43 PM »
That doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer that people get a little experience under their belt, but not getting overly exposed and beholden to the DC political machine isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

It's a two-edged sword. I'd like experience in politicians, not because I think they will learn more (though they might), but because that provides a better track record by which to judge them.

That's why I'd prefer that he be a governor instead of DC. Less exposure to the DC political machine. (Not zero, but less.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
Experience also is important in knowing what they need to do to get elected and doing it.  How to organize a campaign or find the right people to do it for you.  Fundraising, etc.  Last I remember seeing it mentioned, former Governors are often more successful at this than former Congressmen because they have more executive experience.  

Trump is an exception, but he does have executive experience.....and political experience from the other side of things.