Author Topic: Hawaiian Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Calling For 2A Repeal  (Read 1645 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System

Hawaiian Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Calling For 2A Repeal
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/03/06/hawaiian-lawmakers-introduce-resolution-calling-2a-repeal/

BE IT RESOLVED by the Senate of the Thirtieth Legislature of the State of Hawaii, Regular Session of 2019, the House of Representatives concurring, that the United States Congress is urged to propose and adopt a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution pursuant to article V of the United States Constitution to clarify the constitutional right to bear arms; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the United States Congress is requested to consider and discuss whether the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution should be repealed or amended to clarify that the right to bear arms is a collective, rather than individual, constitutional right; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that certified copies of this Concurrent Resolution be transmitted to the President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Members of the Hawaii congressional delegation, and the Governor.

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=SCR&billnumber=42&year=2019

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2019/bills/SCR42_.pdf
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Hawaiian Lawmakers Introduce Resolution Calling For 2A Repeal
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:19:13 PM »
SCOTUS has already clarified in 2008 that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual, and not a collective, right.

The legislators in question need to have Heller explained to them.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:26:17 PM »
Can somebody introduce legislation to knock hawaii back to a non voting territory?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
Can somebody introduce legislation to knock hawaii back to a non voting territory?

No need. Just let the new green deal go through and they'll have to submit legislation by canoe.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JN01

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 04:51:13 PM »
No one wants to take your guns.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 04:57:50 PM »
No need. Just let the new green deal go through and they'll have to submit legislation by canoe.

They should have the AOC Solar Powered LA to Hawaii Express Train up and running in a couple of years.
If they can get solar panels to work under water that is.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 05:08:35 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 09:50:20 PM »
SCOTUS has already clarified in 2008 that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual, and not a collective, right.

The legislators in question need to have Heller explained to them.

Hence the call to amend the Constitution and either repeal or heavily modify the 2A to their liking.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 11:57:14 PM »
Amend or repeal the 2A, and you establish a precedent that the ENTIRE Bill of Rights may be abolished.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 06:40:27 AM »
Play along with me.  Say they are successful at calling a Constitutional Convention and successfully propose repeal of 2A.  Can they get a majority of voters in 33 individual states (2/3 majority) to vote in favor of this and amend the Constitution? 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 08:10:20 AM »
Play along with me.  Say they are successful at calling a Constitutional Convention and successfully propose repeal of 2A.  Can they get a majority of voters in 33 individual states (2/3 majority) to vote in favor of this and amend the Constitution? 

That's what bothers me about a constitutional convention.  I have no illusions that the results would be the libertarian wet dream come true that it gets touted to be. My belief is that we would end up with a very European Union-esque constitution. Far too many of our politicians are feckless, greedy, power hungry pieces of *expletive deleted*it that would sell their souls for the right reward. All the while selling the rest of the country down the river.
We don't need a new constitution, we need to enforce the one we have.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 09:47:31 AM »
HA needs its independence again.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »
HA needs its independence again more active volcanos.

FIFY. :laugh:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
. . . Far too many Nearly all of our politicians are feckless, greedy, power hungry pieces of *expletive deleted*it that would sell their souls for the right reward. All the while selling the rest of the country down the river. . . .
FIFY   =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 01:02:58 PM »

Don't worry, if we don't have electric airliners soon there's always the high speed underwater rail.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 03:43:32 PM »
That's what bothers me about a constitutional convention.  I have no illusions that the results would be the libertarian wet dream come true that it gets touted to be. My belief is that we would end up with a very European Union-esque constitution. Far too many of our politicians are feckless, greedy, power hungry pieces of *expletive deleted*it that would sell their souls for the right reward. All the while selling the rest of the country down the river.
We don't need a new constitution, we need to enforce the one we have.

Mathew Bracken did a pretty good job speculating on how that would ho in Enemies Foreign and Domestic.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 06:31:08 PM »
Amend or repeal the 2A, and you establish a precedent that the ENTIRE Bill of Rights may be abolished.

Stop trying to encourage them.

bscl

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 11:49:13 PM »
Wow.. Aside from seeing i1639 get passed since moving to WA, I'm glad I don't have to deal with HI politicians anymore.  Although the progressive statists here seem to be in a race to head in the same direction...

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Life Member NRA, SAF