Author Topic: IHOP Shooting - with Video  (Read 517 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
IHOP Shooting - with Video
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/aybezy/shootout_at_diner/

As a new parent, this is scary as hell.  That poor little girl in the high chair that was almost shot then plowed over by one of the folks involved in the shooting.  Not impressed by the reaction of her family, but its hard to judge them.

Note the other set of parents towards the top of the screen that did an excellent job of evacing their baby in the high chair.

Correction of the correction - Waffle House  IHOP it is

article:  https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/IHOP-Shooting-Long-Island-Ronkonkoma-506663831.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:01:14 PM by 41magsnub »

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Waffle House Shooting - with Video
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 04:38:48 PM »
Doesn't look like any Waffle House I've ever been to.  Looks more like an IHOP.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 04:51:20 PM »
As to the parents, I'll just say "shock". If you're not in any way trained for something like that, I can see initially freezing as both a natural, and probably common reaction within that timeframe.  I counted 4 seconds from the first shot. The other set of parents took nearly as long, though they did get their kid out. Of course they were on the other side of the action.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 04:55:32 PM »
Is there a news article for this?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 05:00:05 PM »
Doesn't look like any Waffle House I've ever been to.  Looks more like an IHOP.

Yea, that is an IHOP not a Waffle House.  
Here is a link down in the comments: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/IHOP-Shooting-Long-Island-Ronkonkoma-506663831.html
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Andiron

• friend
Re: IHOP Shooting - with Video
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 07:17:25 PM »
Usual suspects.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 08:26:48 PM »
I can't fault them. It happened fast. Nobody else could have reacted faster. The only thing they could have done to improve would be to assess all new people entering the scene so they were a little more aware of what was going on sooner, rather than their first indication anything was out of the ordinary being OMG SO LOUD Noises. A little bit of profiling might have put them in condition yellow, at least... always sit where you can see the door and all that. But even then, not much you can do except be somewhere else.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 10:34:46 PM »
I can't fault them. It happened fast. Nobody else could have reacted faster. The only thing they could have done to improve would be to assess all new people entering the scene so they were a little more aware of what was going on sooner, rather than their first indication anything was out of the ordinary being OMG SO LOUD Noises.

Except that I don't think the daring duo who approached the shooter were new arrivals. I think they were seated in another booth. Watch carefully at the :06 mark -- at the very lower left corner of the screen, another person appears to be standing up from a booth, and I have the impression that he was with the daring duo.

I'd have to say that the shooter definitely needs some practice. Five or six shots, at point-blank range, and he only hit one of the two dudes? And that dude was still able to take off under his own power. Tsk, tsk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design