Author Topic: North Carolina bill: teachers who carry firearms in school would get raises  (Read 573 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
https://www.ksbw.com/article/north-carolina-teachers-who-carry-guns-in-schools-would-get-raises-under-new-bill/26750909

The new bill would offer a 5 percent salary increase to up to 3,000 teachers who complete the state’s training programs and become “teacher resource officers.” The bill would provide $9.3 million for the 2019-20 fiscal year to pay for the training and raises.

Teachers who become “teacher resource officers" would have the same arresting powers on campus as school resource officers.

Tillman believes arming teachers -- and keeping which teachers are armed confidential -- will make gunmen think twice before opening fire inside a classroom.

Offering a raise: good idea.

Keeping confidential who is armed and who isn't:  also a good idea.

Giving "teacher resource officers" the power to arrest:  undecided.  Probably good as long as it isn't abused.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
 :rofl:  Worth it for the head-asploding on the Left.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
I'd make it a law requiring all public schools to have armed security- either cops, private guards or ccwing teachers.

All schools over 100 students in Isreal are required to have armed guards.  We could too.  If the teachers did it, it would be low cost.