Author Topic: Imposter Nurses  (Read 513 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Imposter Nurses
« on: March 09, 2019, 10:45:13 AM »
Wow, this is scary

‘It could have been fatal’: Nurse said imposter used her credentials for healthcare jobs
http://www.wave3.com/2019/03/09/it-could-have-been-fatal-nurse-said-imposter-used-her-credentials-healthcare-jobs/

I did a quick google search and apparently this is happening a lot
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Imposter Nurses
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 05:19:50 PM »
Paging MillCreek ...
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 11:55:58 PM »
Now that I think about it this could be a lot easier than one would think. Extremely easy actually. You can pull my RN license number just by knowing my name in WA state. Find one near the same age and use the number you get. Apply for a job with a non-hospital agency and give them the info you stole from the public data base and then when they check it will be there because that is where you got it. Work for a few months, do a good job and then move on with a good referral from your prior employer and so on and so on. It is so easy a cave man could do it.

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 01:09:34 AM »
Preventive maintenance:

230RN stands for 230 grain Round Nose.  Had a box of my reloads sitting on the coffee table when I first signed on to my first gun board.  

Unimaginative but I'm kinda stuck with it.  Wasn't even thinking of Registered Nurse.

Or Bell 230 helicopters.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »
I have seen this sort of thing done in a number of professions, from nursing, to medicine, to law, to engineering.  It is even easier if you have the same or similar name to the person you are trying to impersonate: Catherine J. Smith vs Cathy Smith.  You can order copies of college transcripts and professional licenses and start your journey at that point. The problem is that there is usually no biometric identifying information associated with the transcripts or licenses, such as a picture, fingerprint or retina photo that can be used to confirm that the person named on the documents is the same as the live person in the HR office, or if there is a photo, the imposter can change their appearance to match.  The HR office has done their due diligence in doing primary verification of the credentials, and the background check will not pick up anything either.  I have seen this happen in the legal field more often than in medicine: you can bullshit your way through a legal job easier than a pediatric ICU job.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.