Author Topic: Let’s go to war with Iran  (Read 2708 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Let’s go to war with Iran
« on: March 10, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »
Trump will lose me in a heartbeat if he goes this route.

I voted to get out of the Middle East, period.

So far we have a lot of talk but we’re still there.

Good read:

https://www.traditionalright.com/the-view-from-olympus-the-next-stupid-neocon-war/

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
Re: Let’s go to war with Iran
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:35:07 PM »
Yeah that's a deal killer for me too.

The problem, with regards to the last election was elect Trump and (allegedly)  get out of the Mideast,  or let Hilary cheat her way in and immediately throw down with the Russians. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »
Sounds more like a translation error.  I highly doubtful Israel wants another war.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 10:45:52 PM »
IMO, we need to stay out of the middle east, but I'd be OK with another Sunni/Shia war. Especially one where it drew Jihadis back from Europe.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »
War with Iran?  NO.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:00:01 PM »
The fact that the U.S. was manipulated by unregistered Israeli agents into the war in Iraq is not widely known, at least to the public.

What exactly is a "unregistered agent"?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 03:19:35 PM »

Something that has no meaning but sounds scary.

That whole paragraph (hell, the whole article) sounds like a rehash of the tired Worldwide Jewish Conspiracy(tm) codswallop.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 03:26:05 PM »
Something that has no meaning but sounds scary.

That whole paragraph (hell, the whole article) sounds like a rehash of the tired Worldwide Jewish Conspiracy(tm) codswallop.

Along the lines of what I was thinking

Article strikes me as something written decades ago that they dust off once in a while and insert whoever is president at the time.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »
Was Israel in favor of, or pushing us towards the Iraq invasion?

Weren’t the staff of most neo-con “conservative” publications pushing the Iraq fiasco in fact Jewish and in most cases dual citizens?

Isn’t Israel in favor of us, the USA, doing something about Iran?

That doesn’t mean Israel isnt an ally, an important ally.

That doesn’t mean that there aren’t in fact Jewish conservatives and MAGA Jews, our allies.

Are you so conditioned that any questioning of Israeli motives, Jewish neocon motives or questioning whether Israel’s interests are in our best interests, that the questioner automatically becomes suspect?

Pointing out that a nation pushing the old “hey, why don’t you and him fight” line on us isn’t anti Semitic.

This why we are f’d. The folks on the right cannot even stand for their own self interest. Stupid party indeed.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »
Just to clarify, I’m not saying you guys are stupid.

Knee jerk racism and irrational discrimination doesn’t do a cause any good.

Swinging the other direction and giving groups, nations or particular people the special privilage of being above criticism doesn’t do a cause any good either.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 06:47:54 PM »
Does Israel do things in it's own self interest?: Yes
Does Israel have influence in the US?: Yes
Does Israel influence US foreign policy?: Yes
Does Israel control US foreign policy? : No and that's where I and the article part ways

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 06:54:30 PM »
Does Israel do things in it's own self interest?: Yes
Does Israel have influence in the US?: Yes
Does Israel influence US foreign policy?: Yes
Does Israel control US foreign policy? : No and that's where I and the article part ways

The article doesn’t say Israel controls US policy.

He makes the obvious point that the country was manipulated into the Iraq war, by what we fondly call neo-cons.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »
The article doesn’t say Israel controls US policy.

He makes the obvious point that the country was manipulated into the Iraq war.

Doesn't come out and say it but it gives me that impression.
Besides, I don't think Bush Jr. needed any manipulation, he needed an excuse.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 07:16:18 PM »
Here is an article from 2015 laying out the neo-con agenda.

It was pretty prescient.

I suspect the unregistered agents are the folks mentioned in the article.

Maybe they are all good guys and have your best interest at heart. I’m doubtful.

Reading past all the rhetoric in the article there are still some things that make you go “hmmm”.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-26/meet-kagans-seeking-war-end-world

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 07:21:58 PM »
The "Manipultion"to get us into Ira was done by the CIA and their sources that turned out to be Anti-Saddam activists (n unreliable sources such as Ahmad Chalabi and Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi) that weren't in Iraq, but thought that they would gain power/become rich if they could get the USA to overthrow Saddam and "put them on the throne" so to speak.

Getting back to the OP and the article in question.  I will repeat that the writer took the bad translation in a tweet and ran with to make up a "US to go to war with Iran" article, out of whole cloth.

It's complete and utter bush-wa.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 07:28:16 PM »

....Getting back to the OP and the article in question.  I will repeat that the writer took the bad translation in a tweet and ran with to make up a "US to go to war with Iran" article, out of whole cloth.

It's complete and utter bush-wa.

Except for the part where Israel wants us to do something about Iran.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 07:36:59 PM »
We, the Saudis, the Israelis, and just about everyone else in the Mid-East want us to "do something about Iran".  Which we have by withdrawing from the Iran deal and reimposing sanctions.

But there has been no other movement on doing anything about Iran from the Trump administration.  But again, the entire premise of the article is based on a bad translation (war vs combating) to create a boogyman.  To clarify, it's utter bullshit.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »
^^^^^
What she said
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 07:46:59 PM »
I hope you are right.

I doubt you are though.

They even floated a bs story about Hamas in South America recently  :facepalm:

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 08:11:31 PM »
Agents working on behalf of foreign sovereigns are required to register with the U. S. Government.  This allows them to operate legally if they follow the rules. 
It does not include agencies like the KGB,  RVs, Smersh, Thrush, or the United Network Command for Law Enforcement.  Those are secret intelligence agencies.  Or fake tv show spy agencies.  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 09:21:14 PM »
You forgot SPECTRE.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 11:30:41 PM »
You forgot SPECTRE.

Nobody's perfect.  =D

Ooops, ALSO forgot CONTROL and KAOS.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 08:10:08 AM »
Nobody's perfect.  =D

Ooops, ALSO forgot CONTROL and KAOS.

Beat me to it.

Also
SHIELD & Hydra
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 08:33:43 AM »
Bibi has been beating the war drums against Iran for a long time.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 08:55:47 AM »
After sleeping on it I’ve also come to the conclusion that it wasn’t an unintentional mistranslation.

It could have been but I doubt a blunder that huge just happens and gets published without somebody pointing out the enormity of such a comment.

The odds are better than 50/50 it was on purpose. It was a message, maybe not to us but a message nonetheless.

This one thing we can all agree on though.

The people of the USA were not in favor of a land invasion of Iraq and had to be lied to, misled and subjected to months of propaganda before the government felt they had enough support to go forward.