Author Topic: Flash drive question. Are some better or special?  (Read 2304 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Flash drive question. Are some better or special?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 05:09:16 PM »
Gonna try it one last time again tonight. Called customer care again today. After 'splainin' the problems in detail again and waiting on hold for a while, I was told that my unit is different and that the 5 pages of instructions posted on their own website are incorrect. Instructions say I have to give voice command to "setup system update". I'm now told mine only recognizes "setup software download".
I have doubts.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 05:14:25 PM »
Good luck. What year is the jeep?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 05:26:32 PM »
it just occurred to me that when I updated my old uconnect (2009) last year I had issues. It took adding 1 random jpg to the drive along with the update to get the system to recognize it.

Hey, that's a good idea. Put a jpg or mp3 file in the root directory, something the system will be looking for by default. The system may resort to "drive not found" status if it doesn't detect a file type from a pre-determined list of suffixes. If the suffixes were limited to media files only then I suppose it's possible the update file wouldn't be detected, leaving the system without it's trigger for whatever subroutine finishes mounting the drive (stupid and nonsensical, but possible).

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 05:54:46 PM »
Good luck. What year is the jeep?
What we have here is failure to communicate.