Author Topic: Man killed in snow roofalanche.  (Read 5205 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Man killed in snow roofalanche.
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 08:42:10 PM »
Yup. And in that state, ironically, this last drought would have been a nothingburger had Jerry Brown of all people, in the 70's, been allowed to finish his father's legacy with just one more strategically placed reservoir.

The objection to that at the time was by the parents of the people who now will not say the word "nuclear" when talking about atmospheric carbon reduction.

"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:20 PM »
I'm hearing that more and more lately, even from the pros.  Must be an imitation thing.  Like Febyooary or Liberrery.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 05:42:18 AM »
I'm amazed that anyone in Colorado would build anything with a sloped metal roof and not install snow guards to prevent exactly this sort of issue.

Oh they do.  Metal roofs seem to be in vogue in lots of new home construction around here.  And they have snow guards on them.  Nice clear plastic (looks like brittle polystyrene from what I can see) that will bend or snap off when the first good snow slab starts moving.   
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2019, 11:16:31 AM »
Oh they do.  Metal roofs seem to be in vogue in lots of new home construction around here.  And they have snow guards on them.  Nice clear plastic (looks like brittle polystyrene from what I can see) that will bend or snap off when the first good snow slab starts moving.   

:facepalm:   :facepalm:   [ar15]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design