Author Topic: Galaxy S9 Frustrating Issue  (Read 581 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Galaxy S9 Frustrating Issue
« on: March 13, 2019, 04:02:37 PM »
So this is something I have found more and more frustrating with my S9: When on a call in speakerphone mode, the screen blacks out within like 30 seconds. This is incredibly annoying when I need to interact with the keypad, like punching through menu options. By the time the automated system on the other end has gotten to the menu option I need, my screen has gone dark and I need to press the power button to activate it again, often also inadvertently hitting something else and knocking me out of the phone screen.

My S5 never did that. Whatever screen timeout I had it set for (e.g., 5 min) is what the call screen would do too as long as it was in speakerphone mode. I've searched some forums and this seems to be a commonly complained about problem. Has anyone with an S9 here found a good workaround?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Galaxy S9 Frustrating Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:08:57 PM »
Enable the fingerprint reader to unlock the phone.

It will also bring it out of sleep mode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »
Enable the fingerprint reader to unlock the phone.

It will also bring it out of sleep mode.

That's what I do.  Just touch the reader on the back and it wakes right up.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 04:21:14 PM »
Ugh. But what about the police state making me unlock the Phone with my fingerprint? I'm a sovereign citizen!  =D

I actually have the phone linked to my watch currently. I might try to go to fingerprint (it seems to be quirky about having multiple wakeup methods as well, because I tried that a while back), but I'll honestly have to see if picking the phone up off the desk to access the reader is any easier than just hitting the power button.

I still don't understand how they figured this was an improvement over "keep the screen on as long as I tell you to."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »
Some plot the overthrow of the government with Google messenger instead of on your phone

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 05:15:26 PM »
Some plot the overthrow of the government with Google messenger instead of on your phone

I'll overthrow the government any way I please, thank you very much!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 05:55:19 PM »
Other than overthrowing the government so you aren't giving your fingerprints to the NSA multiple times a day doesn't hitting the Home button (area where it is on dark screen) wake you phone back up? Or can you put your phone on the Apps Edge so you can bring it back on without hitting the power button?

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »
Other than overthrowing the government so you aren't giving your fingerprints to the NSA multiple times a day doesn't hitting the Home button (area where it is on dark screen) wake you phone back up? Or can you put your phone on the Apps Edge so you can bring it back on without hitting the power button?

bob

I can do the home button, but it's really close to the "hang up" button is the problem with that (for me).

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 11:21:53 PM »
Ugh. But what about the police state making me unlock the Phone with my fingerprint? I'm a sovereign citizen!  =D

What you need there, is a phone case with fringe.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.