Author Topic: SPLC Fires Founder  (Read 1794 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
SPLC Fires Founder
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:34:44 PM »
The Southern Poverty Law Center has fired Morris Dees, its co-founder.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2019/03/14/southern-poverty-law-center-fires-co-founder-civil-rights-lawyer-morris-dees/3164839002/

I'm not sorry to see him go, but huge [allegedly] non-profit organizations don't routinely shitcan their founders with no reason. But the article seems to be remarkably devoid of any inkling as the the reason(s) for the action. Does anyone have any input from other sources?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: SPLC Fires Founder
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »
I'm guessing he eventually became too non-extremist for their current member ethos.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 06:25:49 PM »
I was leaning more toward #MeToo and ol' Morris putting a move on an intern.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »
He run out of groups to call hate groups?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:50:08 AM »
I was leaning more toward #MeToo and ol' Morris putting a move on an intern.

I heard a rumor being mongered that it was just something like that ... [tinfoil].
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 11:52:04 AM »
I heard a rumor being mongered that it was just something like that ... [tinfoil].

Well maybe he saw her wearing a #MeToo pin and went for it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
FWIW, I e-mailed the author of the article to complain about the lack of any "Why?" in her article. She responded very quickly with a snippy comment about "ethical journalists" (now THERE's an oxymoron if I ever saw one!) not indulging in rumor mongering.

I replied that the basis of good journalism is to report who, what, where, when and why, and that since she had not attempted to address the "why" component her report was deficient. I pointed out that she could have (and should have) asked the question and, if the SPLC declined to answer, she could have reported that.

No reply to that from the erstwhile journalist.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »
FWIW, I e-mailed the author of the article to complain about the lack of any "Why?" in her article. She responded very quickly with a snippy comment about "ethical journalists" (now THERE's an oxymoron if I ever saw one!) not indulging in rumor mongering.

I replied that the basis of good journalism is to report who, what, where, when and why, and that since she had not attempted to address the "why" component her report was deficient. I pointed out that she could have (and should have) asked the question and, if the SPLC declined to answer, she could have reported that.

No reply to that from the erstwhile journalist.
Ooooops,  you called out a journalist on good journalism??!!?!!?  HOW DARE YOU??!!!?!?!?! Don't you know journalists are sancrosanct?  They are vital protectors of our freedom who speak truth to power and CANNOT BE QUESTIONED!!  
Hang your head in shame!!!!   [popcorn] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] :rofl: :rofl: ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »
I have admitted here previously that I'm fundamentally a bad person.

:shuffle:  :scuffle:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 04:07:03 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/44717/plot-thickens-splcs-founder-was-fired-amid-ashe-schow

The Los Angeles Times has reported that an internal memo sent to staff regarding Dees’ dismissal said, “although he made unparalleled contributions to our work, no one’s contributions can excuse that person’s inappropriate conduct.”

Dees was reportedly fired at a time when SPLC staff was complaining about alleged racism and sexism within the organization, which purportedly seeks to end hate and discrimination. As the Times reported, the leadership of SPLC is “predominantly white.”

I guess just another case of the Woke Left appropriating cannibal culture.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 04:08:31 PM »
I've called you out several times for using that logic crap.  I've about had it with you corrupting the thought processes of lefties and journalists and politicians and even some people on this board.

Is nothing sacred to you?

Have you no shame?

Terry, 230RN

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 02:33:49 PM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 03:34:13 PM »
Hey Hawk, you ought to e-mail the author back and point out that other respectable news organizations are doing a pretty good job of reporting the why...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 05:31:59 PM »
Hey Hawk, you ought to e-mail the author back and point out that other respectable news organizations are doing a pretty good job of reporting the why...

I think it would fall on deaf ... eyeballs?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 05:37:15 PM »
I think it would fall on deaf ... eyeballs?

They're just tone deaf
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 04:53:04 PM »
Sexual harassment is rumored.

Considering what a scumbag Dees is, I believe it.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/internal-emails-reveal-sexual-harassment-allegations-against-fired-splc-founder-morris-dees

He was walking around the office asking "who wants to see Dees' nuts?".
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
But wait, there's more

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/03/25/in-other-news-the-splcs-president-just-stepped-down-after-co-founder-booted-out/

BREAKING: Southern Poverty Law Center president Richard Cohen has announced his resignation amid employee upheaval at the nonprofit.

“Whatever problems exist at the SPLC happened on my watch, so I take responsibility for them."https://t.co/3JhPvNSv1G

— Matt Pearce 🦅 (@mattdpearce) March 22, 2019

President of @splcenter has resigned. This follows resignations of other high-profile leaders amid allegations of workplace racism & sexism. Under his leadership, SPLC has aggressively fundraised hundreds of millions & listed conservatives as extremists. https://t.co/XmehR8S9ww

— Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) March 23, 2019
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »
But wait, there's more

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/03/25/in-other-news-the-splcs-president-just-stepped-down-after-co-founder-booted-out/

Perhaps more importantly, in the aftermath multiple SPLC employees (and/or former employees) have commented that the SPLC is a scam, and that everyone who works there knows it's a scam.