Author Topic: Green New Deal heading to the Senate...  (Read 836 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Green New Deal heading to the Senate...
« on: March 26, 2019, 07:19:50 AM »
And Democrats are pissed about it actually being voted on, to the point where they may block their own legislative effort...  :rofl:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/25/politics/green-new-deal-senate-democrats-block/index.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Chester32141

• friend
Re: Green New Deal heading to the Senate...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:11:26 AM »
But but but … we've only got 12 years …  :facepalm:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:44:07 PM »
They almost all voted present.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 06:47:44 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/green-new-deal-fails-senate-test-vote-as-dozens-of-democrats

No senator voted to begin debate on the legislation, while 57 lawmakers voted against breaking the filibuster. Democratic Sens. Doug Jones of Alabama, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona joined 53 Republicans in voting "no." Sen. Angus King, I-Maine, who caucuses with the Democrats, also voted "no."

Not one vote in favor?   Do they all hate Gaia?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 08:41:35 PM »
They almost all voted present.

Chicken *expletive deleted*it commies.

Still,  I do love seeing Cortez smacked around.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 09:22:55 PM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/03/26/im-not-owned-im-not-owned-aoc-offers-up-the-lamest-excuse-ever-for-her-epic-senate-green-new-deal-fail/

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC

Because I encouraged them to vote present, along w/ others.

McConnell tried to rush the #GreenNewDeal straight to the floor without a hearing.

The real question we should be asking: Why does the Senate GOP refuse to hold any major hearings on climate change?

Reality check, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez. Hearings do not make law. Hearings can be a way for legislators to obtain information with which to inform their votes on pending legislation, but hearings do not make laws. Floor votes make laws. If your proposed new law was such a supercalifragelisticexpialidocious slam dunk effort to save humanity, its merits should transcend any need for a hearing dog and pony show and it should have sailed right through the floor vote.

The notion that you, a freshman congresswoman in the House of Representatives, TOLD 43 United States senators how to vote is beyond amusing. It's flat out hilarious.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
McConnell needs to bring it up again.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.