Author Topic: Vetoed  (Read 1759 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Vetoed
« on: March 15, 2019, 04:15:56 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Chester32141

• friend
Feeling a little better about Barr ...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:24:43 PM »
AG Bill Barr: Mr. President your declaration of an emergency on the southern border was clearly authorized under the law and consistent with past precedent… The humanitarian and security crisis that we currently have right now on the border is exactly the type of emergency that presidents are permitted to address.
:cool:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/03/ag-bill-barr-sides-with-president-trump-on-border-emergency/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Vetoed
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:12:20 PM »
Nope, back to the House where they have to muster 2/3rds to override.  Should that happen (not likely, based on passage numbers), then it's on to the Senate where  again, it needs 2/3rd to override (again not likely based on passage numbers)  Veto will be sustained.

And yes, it will end up in the USSC.   But Congress passed a law granting the president the authority, hard to argue against that...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Feeling a little better about Barr ...
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 08:08:11 PM »
Possible thread merge here?

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 08:09:22 PM »
From Chester's post starting another thread:

:cool:
AG Bill Barr: Mr. President your declaration of an emergency on the southern border was clearly authorized under the law and consistent with past precedent… The humanitarian and security crisis that we currently have right now on the border is exactly the type of emergency that presidents are permitted to address.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/03/ag-bill-barr-sides-with-president-trump-on-border-emergency/

Possible merge due here?

Terry

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Feeling a little better about Barr ...
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 11:19:12 PM »
Something tells me he was consulted before the emergency declaration was done.  =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 05:53:00 AM »
Merged topics
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
Sorry if this may be considered thread derailment but I got curious how many vetoes certain presidents had done and came across this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_vetoes

Note FDR (635), and Cleveland (584 for both terms).
Truman and IKE are way up there too.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »
Meanwhile, Customs and Border Porosity confirms that NO new wall has been built during the Trump administration.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6811259/Trumps-border-agency-admits-built-ZERO-new-walls.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 12:06:47 PM »
Meanwhile, Customs and Border Porosity confirms that NO new wall has been built during the Trump administration.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6811259/Trumps-border-agency-admits-built-ZERO-new-walls.html

Demoralizing Propaganda from the deep state.

Ineffective barriers in higher traffic areas are being replaced by more effective walls.

No walls built where there weren’t already barriers is true technically. From what I’ve read walls are going up where there weren’t walls before.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 02:49:06 PM »
Another reason to despise the GOP.