Author Topic: Why I never want to live in an HOA "community"  (Read 2458 times)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Why I never want to live in an HOA "community"
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 10:48:49 PM »
Yep, all HOAs/HOA officers are just like all guns/ gun owners--scummy ahole criminals just looking to wreak mayhem, death and destruction. They should all be outlawed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sarcasm noted, and you're right.  They're probably not all "scummy ahole criminals just looking to wreak mayhem, death and destruction."  But then, why take chances?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 07:01:17 AM »
"But then, why take chances?"

Correct. Which is why I now advocate for immediate gun confiscation. Why take the chance that Scotty Second Amendment is going to get up from breakfast with his wife and 2.5 children, blow them away, and then head for the local school/nursing home/church/factory/office building to spread some more mayhem.

We just can't take that chance.

;/

Just as gun owners say that education and training are the cure to many gun issues, I'm thinking a bit of personal education would have gone a long way toward keeping this issue from ever cropping up in the first place.

It's pretty evident from the one story that the guy never read or understood the covenants and rules for the community.

It's pretty evident that the guy never talked to people in the community to see what they had to say about the HOA.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 10:44:03 AM »
The covenant for moms HOA was pages and pages of how many and what kind of pets, signage, style and type of outside lights antennas and everybody's front door garage door and trim could only be white. The type of vehicle and how long it could be in your own driveway etc. landscaping and gardening limits you name it. It was $135 per month and included lawn maintenance and snow removal when they got around to it.
My daughters HOA is one page and is mostly about a retention pond and drainage and noise and costs $100 per year.
What we have here is failure to communicate.