Author Topic: What would have happened.  (Read 865 times)

Scott Metro

What would have happened.
« on: December 31, 2020, 08:08:21 AM »
I ask my self, would our ancestors have put up with what we have now.
My mind wanders back to some old Viking village..when all of a sudden a bunch of people gather in the middle of the village and begin to burn huts, steal from ordinary people, kill and maim.
Do you think the elders would have gathered and lopped off the heads of these misfits, or would they just allow it to happen?
I'm thinking the normal folks would have nipped it in the bud. I may be wrong on this, but, I'm thinking the old concept of stewardship for the clan/community/culture would have kicked in and the problem would have been dealt with.
But, we are civilized now and have surrendered our stewardship to those we chose to represent us.
What's your take on this?
Am I too old fashion?

dogmush

• friend
Re: What would have happened.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 08:26:14 AM »
It seems to me that some aspects "Civilization" has morphed into license to act uncivilized.

The abundant food, water, shelter, and luxury sure is nice though.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 08:35:56 AM »
Not everyone is allowed to act that way, only certain groups.

None of it is organic, from the grass roots up. These are top down orchestrated chaos events.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 08:52:50 AM »
Post withdrawn.  My answer depended too much on who had the most pitchforks or the most helicopters.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:28:06 AM by 230RN »

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 09:38:08 AM »
The problem is that they don't have to do anything to have Maslow covered.  When existing takes literally no effort, the lowlifes have plenty of free time to cause trouble, in a system that they won't be punished for it.

The reverse would be us.  Lot of folks are more than a little bit pissed about the election and how things are going, but still have to go to work in the morning.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 11:13:07 AM »
I ask my self, would our ancestors have put up with what we have now.
My mind wanders back to some old Viking village..when all of a sudden a bunch of people gather in the middle of the village and begin to burn huts, steal from ordinary people, kill and maim.
Do you think the elders would have gathered and lopped off the heads of these misfits, or would they just allow it to happen?
I'm thinking the normal folks would have nipped it in the bud. I may be wrong on this, but, I'm thinking the old concept of stewardship for the clan/community/culture would have kicked in and the problem would have been dealt with.
But, we are civilized now and have surrendered our stewardship to those we chose to represent us.
What's your take on this?
Am I too old fashion?
Not TOO many noteworthy incidents in the past.

Northfield, Minnesota 1876
Athens, Tennessee 1946
Koreatown, Los Angeles, 1992

Nothing much in the 21st century.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
We will see what happens when they actually try to go into neighborhoods and "burn it all down".  In those business areas, they local authorities seem to be there to prevent anyone from stopping it.  I have heard a few people armed up to protect business and mostly get left alone.  Not sure where that is.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge