Author Topic: Missouri bans enforcement of anti-second amendment Fed laws?  (Read 616 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Missouri bans enforcement of anti-second amendment Fed laws?
« on: March 21, 2019, 07:53:47 AM »
http://thesentinel.net/politics/missouri-bans-all-federal-gun-control-laws-in-23-10-vote/

I’ve heard nothing about this, is this really a possibility?

Flyover states need to get off the federal teet and reassert some autonomy.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
Re: Missouri bans enforcement of anti-second amendment Fed laws?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 08:23:53 AM »
Its worked for gay marriage and marijuana... no reason that it shouldn't be applied to something actually protected by the constitution.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 12:20:57 PM »
We tried it in Kansas.

A personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas is not subject to any federal law, treaty, federal regulation, or federal executive action, including any federal firearm or ammunition registration program, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce. This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured in the state of Kansas.

They even tried to give it some teeth:

 It is unlawful for any official, agent or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas. Violation of this section is a severity level 10 nonperson felony

None of it mattered.  Some folks made some suppressors, posted about it on social media, and promptly got nailed by the feds.

http://www.startribune.com/ruling-kansas-gun-law-no-defense-to-federal-firearm-charges/497742841/

Sure, you can flaunt the cultivation, sale and consumption of pot in a number of states, but if you try this with guns, you WILL get nailed to the wall by feds.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »
Some laws are more equal than others...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
I thought one of the big states out west tried this already.

Anyway, it's a bill proposed in the Senate. It's not law yet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife