Author Topic: Stealing the Border Barrier  (Read 833 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Stealing the Border Barrier
« on: March 22, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »
Mexicans are stealing the concertina wire separating the US and Tijuana and using it to barricade their homes because of the violent Tijuana crime. I think there's irony in there somewhere.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/residents-in-worlds-most-violent-city-tijuana-are-stealing-trump-administrations-border-wire-to-protect-themselves-report-says
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Stealing the Border Barrier
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 01:51:00 PM »
Mexico will pay for the wire!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 05:24:57 PM »
Mexico will pay for the wire claymores!

FIFY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »
Natives will scavenge what they can that's portable.

When I was in Zimbabwe, local natives were routinely stealing wire from game fences (especially those around Gonarezhou National Park) to make illegal wire snares for trapping game.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 07:14:29 PM »
We picked up Seabees out of Haiti once, I heard of a Haitian that was shot and killed over stealing a 2x4 from a Haitian military post.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 07:22:08 PM »
I have heard there are a some countries where international shippers assume the shipping containers will never leave and build that into the cost.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge