Author Topic: New Zealand gun turn-in clobbered by the internet  (Read 1896 times)

brimic

• friends
New Zealand gun turn-in clobbered by the internet
« on: March 22, 2019, 12:22:06 PM »
http://www.firearmownersunited.com/2019/03/22/nz-police-shut-down-gun-confiscation-website-in-less-than-24-hours-due-to-trolling/

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I tried a VPN route to contribute to the chaos, but that couldn't get through either.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

freakazoid

• friend
Re: New Zealand gun turn-in clobbered by the internet
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 01:31:32 PM »
When the media was originally posting about all the "gun turn-ins" I figured they were nothing more than an attempt to make it seem that it's basically completely well received there, but the reality is that only a few people have turned any in. Then I saw this article saying that by last Tuesday there had been a total whopping 37 turned in. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/new-zealand-gun-owners-surrender-guns-christchurch-attack It's just like the all the reports of people "cutting up" their ARs after Vegas. These new actions make it even more obvious that this is actually quite unpopular there.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:46:52 PM »
From the articles, it sounds like they are counting the trolling as valid submissions in order to show widespread compliance?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 08:13:42 AM »
It says something about the character of a nation when its gun turn-in gets fewer weapons than that enacted by a notorious liberal city in America that has 2% of said nation's population.  I suspect the gun-banning elite there are in for a very bad day if they chose to push the issue.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »
Commentary on New Zealand's recent gun bans:

https://farmersweekly.co.nz/section/dairy/view/gun-law-wont-work

"The most gut-wrenching dichotomy being perpetrated is the idea firearms owners are somehow separate to the community. Apparently, we are not part of society but an evil gun lobby who should be neither trusted nor listened to. "

. . .

"We also happen to know a bit about guns. Soon the Arms Act amendment that was so perfect and so necessary and so urgent that no time could be made for debate will be up for review. Even though the media and Jacinda Ardern’s PR team would have you believe it was the most well-written piece of legislation in the world, soon they will be screaming that it’s full of loopholes that need to be fixed and it will be the evil gun lobby’s fault. We will yet again be cast as the enemy who must be controlled with swift legal action to fix the problems we tried to point out in the first place."

This, with bells on.

Of course, the people who most need to understand these won't even read the article.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 12:05:55 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/raid-on-new-zealand-activists-home-to-ensure-compliance-with-gun-buyback-is-absolutely-chilling/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Raid on New Zealand Activist's Home to 'Ensure Compliance' with Gun Buyback Is Absolutely Chilling

It appears man posted a picture of a banned rifle (22 LR) on the internet which triggered the raid.  They didn't find anything so at least he was not stupid.

I guess the Govt is not happy with the success of the gun control measures.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge