Author Topic: Mueller is done  (Read 23966 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Mueller is done
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
I suppose just to clear everything up. Trump committed obstruction by saying mean things about Mueller and in general for being a meanypants poopyhead. I think that is what the Dems have on him. Obvious grounds for impeachment. I now agree with Amash and the Dems, he has to be impeached.

That ... or we amend the Constitution and make The Donald Emperor for Life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »

Who do we pay to get this bill entered in Congress? I would never support it, but boy would the howling from the Dems and MSM be fun.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »

It was said in jest. Considering how long it takes for a constitutional amendment to pass (IF it passes), I doubt that Trump would survive long enough to see the end of the process.

But it's fun to think about the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2019, 06:25:27 PM »
It was said in jest. Considering how long it takes for a constitutional amendment to pass (IF it passes), I doubt that Trump would survive long enough to see the end of the process.

But it's fun to think about the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.

Not enough popcorn in the world for that show
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »
2 years, $35 million, and he left a mess behind:

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2019/06/02/attn-robert-mueller-brit-hume-has-two-still-unanswered-questions-for-you-about-actual-russian-collusion/

I've grown to admire Brit Hume as a reporter.  He asks hard questions of both sides that get to the heart of the matter.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:05:37 PM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
https://m.theepochtimes.com/transcript-in-mueller-report-selectively-edited-to-cast-suspicion-on-trump_2947573.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Transcript in Mueller Report Was Selectively Edited to Cast Suspicion on Trump

The Mueller report quotes a transcript of a Nov. 22, 2017, voicemail message from the president’s attorney, John Dowd, to the attorney for former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

A full version of that transcript released on May 31 in the court proceeding in Flynn’s case shows that Mueller’s team selectively edited the transcript for the Mueller report.

The edited version in Mueller report conceals Dowd’s sympathetic tone at the outset of the message, cuts out language that would show that Dowd discussed two separate matters, and omits the fact that Dowd specifically cautioned Flynn’s attorney that he wasn’t requesting any confidential information.

In response to the edits, Dowd said, in a statement to an attorney who noted the discrepancy on Twitter: “It is unfair and despicable. It was a friendly privileged call between counsel – with NO conflict. I think Flynn got screwed.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2019, 09:14:17 AM »
They are taking another crack at their failed narrative. Mueller will try and massage his message to Congress today.

The Daily Beast has a great succinct rundown on what these lying propagandists are trying to make people believe.

It is an incredible shameless piece of propaganda.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-testimony-former-special-counsel-testifies-before-congress

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2019, 11:05:01 AM »
They are taking another crack at their failed narrative. Mueller will try and massage his message to Congress today.

The Daily Beast has a great succinct rundown on what these lying propagandists are trying to make people believe.

It is an incredible shameless piece of propaganda.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-testimony-former-special-counsel-testifies-before-congress

Fox News' Chris Wallace has just labeled this hearing as a "disaster" for the democrats and "Mueller's reputation."
A local radio talk show host has labeled this the "retirement home inquisition." >:D

Mueller does come off rather poorly from what I have seen.  I don't wonder at all why he didn't want to appear in front of kongress....I believe he just wanted to retire.  
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2019, 11:08:03 AM »

Mueller does come off rather poorly from what I have seen.  I don't wonder at all why he didn't want to appear in front of kongress....I believe he just wanted to retire.  

I saw people are guessing he's having health issues. He's apparently struggling with answers versus shooting them off as he did previously. Whatever anyone thinks of him, I'm sure this whole process stressed and prematurely aged him. I agree that he probably just wants to disappear and be forgotten at this point.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2019, 11:11:38 AM »
I agree that he probably just wants to disappear and be forgotten at this point.

Rumor has it that Hillary knows someone(s) who can arrange that.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2019, 11:15:38 AM »
Sooo, another big fat nothing burger.
Fully expect the dems to continue to run with the narrative that since Muller didn't prove Trump innocent that proves he's guilty.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »
Fox News' Chris Wallace has just labeled this hearing as a "disaster" for the democrats...

Attempts to destroy Trump continue to end in disaster, defeat, and humiliation for his enemies. It gives one hope for 2020. And for America.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2019, 10:44:23 PM »
The wrap-up of the hearing was on the TV screen in Burger King where I stopped for lunch. I heard a voice but I wasn't watching, so I don't know who said it but I guess it was the Democrat chair of the proceeding. He was grandstanding about "unprecedented" Russian attempts to influence our election, and he said we have to "lock down" out election procedures.

Great! I'm all for it. Let's start with requiring everyone to show proof of citizenship before they can register to vote. No more "motor voting" -- you get a driver's license at the motor vehicle department, you go to city hall to register to vote. I'd be fine if ALL voter registrations were cancelled and we all have to register again -- with proof of citizenship.

Early voting? Nope. Why call it "election day" if you're going to make it election week? Can't get to the voting location on election day? That's what absentee ballots are for. Absentee ballots get sent by mail, not delivered by campaign workers. And they get returned by mail.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2019, 11:18:16 PM »
Many of the comments are good for a laugh

Susan Hennessey
‏Verified account @Susan_Hennessey

My guess is that we are going to see a groundswell of support for impeachment after this. Both sides got some favorable tv clips out of it, but the substance overall was just devastating to the president.
12:40 PM - 24 Jul 2019
https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/1154114133962502144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1154114133962502144&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fsarahd-313035%2F2019%2F07%2F24%2Fbased-on-what-cnn-legal-analyst-susan-hennessey-declares-mueller-hearings-just-devastating-to-the-president%2F

- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2019, 08:15:19 AM »
People really need to start being held accountable for slander.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2019, 08:20:23 AM »
CNN commentator said that yesterday's shitshow did NOT do a thing for Democrats, and likely hurt them.

That's pretty interesting when CNN gets off the reservation.

And you know you've REALLY *expletive deleted*ed up when you lose Michael Moore, who blasted Dems...

"A frail old man, unable to remember things, stumbling, refusing to answer basic questions... all you puondits and moderates and lame Dems who told the public to put their faith in the esteemed Robert Mueller -- just STFU from now on."

That's just... delicious.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2019, 09:07:17 AM »
I heard a comment yesterday that Sheila Jackson Lee was not the dumbest part of the hearing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »
I heard a comment yesterday that Sheila Jackson Lee was not the dumbest part of the hearing.

Schiff is taking that as a challenge

Schiff: Here’s the ‘Essence’ of What Mueller Was Trying to Say
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/07/25/schiff-spins-hearings-on-cnn-n2550598
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2019, 09:58:22 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2019, 01:42:16 PM »

And you know you've REALLY *expletive deleted*ed up when you lose Michael Moore, who blasted Dems...

"A frail old man, unable to remember things, stumbling, refusing to answer basic questions... all you puondits and moderates and lame Dems who told the public to put their faith in the esteemed Robert Mueller -- just STFU from now on."

That's just... delicious.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It gets better.

https://ricochet.com/655848/a-hollywood-story-in-three-acts/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2019, 01:55:37 PM »
Trump, Schiff said, has proven himself to be "unethical," "unpatriotic," "immoral," and "criminal."

I'll go for the reduced charge of President Trump "being a meanypants poopyhead," per Hawkmoon's analysis.

:rofl:

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2019, 02:51:58 PM »
Mueller will try and massage his message to Congress today.

I think Mueller deserves a bit more credit than he's received for the most part. This was yet another opportunity to really drag the presidents name through the mud, and despite all of his supposed bias and hatred for Trump he did no such thing.

It was clear from the start he knew Democrats wanted to use him as a prop to bring the findings of his report to life as part of a push for an impeachment inquiry. Mueller went out of his way to avoid regurgitating the contents of the report, wary of creating sound bites that could be used to suggest he supported impeachment. For instance, when Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-Texas) asked him whether his language referring to a constitutional process to “formally accuse a president of wrongdoing” was a reference to impeachment, he refused to admit the obvious.

Mueller did that all day long. He refused to answer leading questions whenever answering the question might draw him too close to the political fight, force him to say things that could spur controversy, or cause him to veer outside the four corners of the report. Mueller wanted to go no further than his report and he rarely did so, despite both sides egging him on. He swatted away Republican attempts to elicit answers about the origins of his probe as readily as he ignored Democratic attempts to get him to make their case against Trump.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2019, 04:55:19 PM »
I think Mueller deserves a bit more credit than he's received for the most part. This was yet another opportunity to really drag the presidents name through the mud, and despite all of his supposed bias and hatred for Trump he did no such thing.

IMO, that was probably the best course of action.  I think for him, trying to favor either side was a losing proposition.  I am having a hard time putting into words why.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2019, 06:36:11 PM »
Mueller is not a good guy. Maybe at one time he was but that was long ago.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2019, 04:07:14 PM »
Crashing and burning ain't stopping Nadler

Tripling Down: Jerry Nadler Lies About Mueller’s Testimony, Vows to Pursue Impeachment Through August Recess
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/07/26/jerry-nadler-lies-about-muellers-testimony-vows-to-continue-witch-hunt-through-august-recess-n2550689
- Calvin and Hobbes