Author Topic: Mueller is done  (Read 23936 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Mueller is done
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 08:12:47 AM »
It's the end!

O’Rourke warned that America may not see another year if details of Russian interference in the 2016 election included in the Mueller report are not made public, saying, “This is an unprecedented attack on this country and on our democracy, and we are owed the facts. And if we do not receive them, 243 years in, there’s nothing that guarantees us a 244th.”
Beto O’Rourke: If Mueller Report Is Held, America May Not See 244th Year
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/23/beto-orourke-if-mueller-report-is-held-america-may-not-see-244th-year/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 08:21:10 AM »
And apparently it was never about Russian collusion because, you know, no evidence of Russian collusion was found I guess.  :facepalm:

Lara Logan: Media Created False Impression Mueller Indictments Were for Russia Collusion
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/03/23/lara-logan-media-created-false-impression-mueller-indictments-russia-collusion/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 08:23:40 AM »
Ken Starr (remember him?) has produced a very interesting analysis of the situation. Not of the contents of the report, but of what is supposed to be done (and what is NOT supposed to be done) with the report.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/ken-starr-muellers-report-shouldnt-go-congress/585577/

It would be very interesting to see the reaction of progressives if this were handled in the same way the Starr report was handled post-report.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 08:27:01 AM »

Lara Logan: Media Created False Impression Mueller Indictments Were for Russia Collusion
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/03/23/lara-logan-media-created-false-impression-mueller-indictments-russia-collusion/

Slight tangent, but it has been interesting to me to see how this woman is suddenly being trashed in the media. One minute she's a CBS star reporter, then the minute she questions the MSM, she's a nutjob hack. Sort of like what happened to Sheryl Attkinson.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 08:34:46 AM »
Slight tangent, but it has been interesting to me to see how this woman is suddenly being trashed in the media. One minute she's a CBS star reporter, then the minute she questions the MSM, she's a nutjob hack. Sort of like what happened to Sheryl Attkinson.

I consider it an example of just how quickly the left can turn on their own and throw a once useful useful idiot under the bus.
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2019, 09:01:49 AM »
Today: "Mueller was always just a side show! The real action is with the New York AG!"

Andrew McCarthy has been saying that for awhile now
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/02/sdny-investigation-real-peril-for-trump/
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 10:51:20 AM »
Good Morning, Have A Great Day!
Aaaaaaand then all hell breaks loose

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1109787378242240514?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »
It would be very interesting to see the reaction of progressives if this were handled in the same way the Starr report was handled post-report.

As Starr's article points out, though, the regulations have changed since his report, so if Mueller's report is handled the same -- it will be a violation of the law.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2019, 01:52:37 PM »
The excuses so far I've hear so far

The investigation was too limited.
The investigation didn't have enough time.
The investigation wasn't handled right.
No evidence was found of Russian collusion because the investigation was never actually looking for Russian collusion.
Evidence of Russian collusion was not found because of Russian collusion.
Mueller is a Russian Agent

Did I leave any out?

Putin must be laughing his arse off at us.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2019, 01:57:27 PM »
There is one school of thought that Pres. Trump wants the report made public even more than the dems.  He is giving them the chance to make fools of themselves clamoring for transparency so that when he shows them that transparency works two ways that there will be little they can say about it.  Things are either gonna get real interesting or real frustrating … stay tuned …

[popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2019, 02:23:24 PM »
There is one school of thought that Pres. Trump wants the report made public even more than the dems.  He is giving them the chance to make fools of themselves clamoring for transparency so that when he shows them that transparency works two ways that there will be little they can say about it.  Things are either gonna get real interesting or real frustrating … stay tuned …

[popcorn]

Watch the dems do whatever they can to keep the report private and then blame Trump for that.  I'm sure the MSM would gladly play along.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »
It's time for Trump to have the Justice Department appoint a special investigator to look into the DNC's contacts with the Rooshans during the campaign. IMHO, there's a lot more to suggest actual collusion on the part of the Democrats than there ever could be to show collusion on the part of Trump and his campaign.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »
It’s official.

No evidence of collusion.

The AG sees no evidence of obstruction of justice so no investigation or charges forthcoming.

Trump wins. Again.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »
Is that crying I hear on the wind?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6845121/Justice-Department-says-Mueller-report-does-not-exonerate-President-Trump.html

As to the "obstruction" bullshit, if there was no underlying crime what the *expletive deleted*ck would they have been guilty of obstructing?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2019, 06:51:42 PM »
I had the misfortune of having to work today.

For some god awful reason I have the inability to change the channel on the TV in the grooming room, and I was stuck sitting around in the grooming room for most the morning.

Meet the Press made my blood pressure rise. In fact, this whole week has been hell on me, what with that retarded The Today Show.

I had hoped... I know it was futile, but I had hoped that this would *finally* get them to STFU about Russia, but it hasn't. If anything, it's made the liberal news double down on this *expletive deleted*it.
What's worse is that they were talking today that the report *might* show evidence that, though there is no collusion with Russia, there was collusion with other countries.  :facepalm: So basically, they're setting up that Trump was colluding with some other country instead of Russia and then they'll scream about that for two years.

As far as I can tell, Trump's only "colluded" with supermodels and rich party people, and that wasn't to win any election...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2019, 06:54:38 PM »
What's worse is that they were talking today that the report *might* show evidence that, though there is no collusion with Russia, there was collusion with other countries.  :facepalm: So basically, they're setting up that Trump was colluding with some other country instead of Russia and then they'll scream about that for two years.

Trump is colluding with America, that is the worst crime someone can commit in the eyes of the left
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2019, 07:06:40 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2019, 09:29:37 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2019, 09:35:31 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2019, 11:00:13 PM »
OUR COCKTAIL THIS WEEKEND IS THE MUELLER REPORT:  It costs millions to make, takes two years to be served. Rumors and expectations about it are stoked to fever pitch. Arrives as an empty glass.  Every news source claims it’s the finest Russian Vodka. Rachel Maddow most affected.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/325372/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2019, 10:49:41 AM »
Still banging on that drum

Fox's Henry Challenges Donna Brazile: Will You Now ‘Accept the President’ as Legitimate? https://t.co/5hCWWZLQjz pic.twitter.com/FXhzZ4Iq45

— Mediaite (@Mediaite) March 24, 2019

NO> Mueller confirmed that Russia helped him

— Jennifer Rubin (@JRubinBlogger) March 24, 2019

.@staceyabrams on the Mueller findings: “Until Mueller’s full report is released to the public, we may never know the extent to which Trump and his allies worked with Russia to alter the outcome of the 2016 election.” #gapol pic.twitter.com/R04kUSkNly

— Greg Bluestein (@bluestein) March 24, 2019
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »
I had the misfortune of having to work today.

For some god awful reason I have the inability to change the channel on the TV in the grooming room, and I was stuck sitting around in the grooming room for most the morning.

Sounds like you might need this:

https://smile.amazon.com/TV-B-Gone-Universal-TV-Control-Keychain/dp/B0006GD9CE/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=universal+tv+off&qid=1553528898&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I would like one.  I can't stand TV news.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
Sounds like you might need this:

https://smile.amazon.com/TV-B-Gone-Universal-TV-Control-Keychain/dp/B0006GD9CE/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=universal+tv+off&qid=1553528898&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I would like one.  I can't stand TV news.

"With expert setup +$91.24 per unit"
It has one, count them, one button :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2019, 12:09:52 PM »
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/03/25/you-have-been-exposed-rep-dan-crenshaw-just-brought-down-the-thunder-on-adam-schiff-and-daaamn-son/

Mueller spent two years investigating obstruction of justice and found evidence that “does not exonerate” Trump. Barr took two days to set aside that evidence.

The entire report must be published and evidence provided to Congress so the American people can judge for themselves.

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) March 24, 2019

Mueller did not find sufficient evidence to establish conspiracy, notwithstanding Russian offers to help Trump’s campaign, their acceptance, and a litany of concealed interactions with Russia.

I trust Mueller’s prosecutorial judgement, but the country must see the evidence.

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) March 24, 2019

You. Have. Been. Exposed.

Stop the charade. There was no collusion.

You used your unique position on the Intel Cmte to convince the American people that you had access to evidence of collusion.

You lied and misled in order to pursue your political agenda. Move on. https://t.co/9GRVkBmeVS

— Dan Crenshaw (@DanCrenshawTX) March 25, 2019
- Calvin and Hobbes