Author Topic: Mueller is done  (Read 23925 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Mueller is done
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »
Now Eric "I'll nuke gun owners" Swalwell is demanding Barr's resignation:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/04/18/you-first-bro-rep-eric-swalwell-makes-this-demand-of-ag-barr-annnd-we-are-officially-so-dead/

... apparently because the Mueller report didn't say what he wanted.

Translation: I'm running for president. Please notice me! I'm cool, like Mayor Pete!

He’s lost the credibility of the American people.

English language much?

He’s not recused from an investigation where he should be recused. He’s embedded deeply into the Trump team. And that affects the credibility that the attorney general must have.

That's right. Barr is so deeply embedded in the "Trump team" that he's the Attorney General!!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »
Well you know, the fact that there isn't proof in the report that there WASN'T collusion proves there was collusion.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2019, 02:47:05 PM »
Wouldn't Mueller be screaming his head off if anything was remotely fishy with Barr's presentation?

Oh that's right, Mueller is a Russian agent now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »
This ^^^^

So IIRC, Putin spent about $325,000 on FB ads, Figure another $300,000 for the folks creating the fake FB groups.

So for ~$600,000 Putin accomplished his goal of splitting this country in two.

That's a pretty good ROI on a disruption operation.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2019, 05:05:51 PM »
Now the implication is that the 30,000 e mails sent by Hillary weren't Hillary's e-mails at all.  They were constructs of the Russian hacking and they sent them over her unsecured server.  Hillary didn't delete them, the Russians did to make her look even worse.   That implication was given birth when Barr said that there were "no Americans" involved in any collusion.  Sigh.....
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2019, 07:02:17 PM »
He’s lost the credibility of the American people.

It doesn't matter unless the American people realize their credibility has been misplaced, and start asking for it back.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »
On a slight tangent. So annoyed by NBC.

The other day, I found out about Notre Dame because I checked my FB. I was at work, sitting right in front of the TV and I learned that one of the most famous buildings in the world was burning down because I checked FB.

Today? They had NBC Special News Report breaking into the regularly programmed shows a good 10 minutes BEFORE the actual release.  :facepalm:

And they wonder why people doubt their reporting...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2019, 09:57:02 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/04/18/ratio-party-wapo-correspondent-says-mueller-report-proves-most-reporting-was-on-the-mark/

This report makes clear that the vast amount of reporting by mainstream outlets about Trump and Russia was on the mark.

— Philip Bump (@pbump) April 18, 2019

:rofl:

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2019, 10:04:06 AM »
Heeeeere's Yathmuth

“Today, Attorney General Barr made clear that he does not serve the American people, as law dictates, but instead the political expediencies of President Trump. The Mueller report makes clear that investigators did not feel they had the authority to bring charges against a sitting president, and contrary to the show put on by the Attorney General today, explicitly did not exonerate President Trump. Rather, the report paints a disturbing picture of our nation’s president, laying out 10 very compelling cases for Congress to pursue. It is the responsibility and indeed the Constitutional obligation of this Congress to analyze this report and upcoming testimony from the Attorney General and Special Counsel, and then take any necessary action to restore integrity to the executive branch.”

Spin, Spin, Spin!

Congressman Yarmuth speaks out on redacted Mueller report
http://www.wave3.com/2019/04/19/congressman-yarmuth-speaks-out-redacted-mueller-report/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2019, 11:52:59 AM »
More from within the MSM bubble

Long story short: According to NBC the report flat out says Trump is a criminal.
To me the whole article reads like someone at NBC needs a doughnut ring seat pad to sit on.

President Donald Trump has evaded criminal charges — but special counsel Robert Mueller’s report is a brutal indictment of his campaign and his presidency.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mueller-didnt-charge-trump-—-but-his-report-is-a-brutal-indictment/ar-BBW66nY?ocid=spartandhp
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:59:36 AM by adively »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2019, 12:09:49 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2019, 01:16:35 PM »
Heeeeere's Chucky

The Mueller report shows how dense the Trump swamp is, how dishonest this president is, and how erratic this administration is.

It’s no wonder the middle class is not making progress under this administration.

— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) April 19, 2019
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/04/19/thats-your-takeaway-chuck-schumers-middle-class-spin-on-the-mueller-report-shows-how-truly-desperate-the-dems-are/

I'm running out of popcorn, hope Costco still has some.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2019, 01:18:08 PM »
And talk about stepping on a rake
Note the writer

If you see CliffsNotes written by William Barr, I suggest you don’t trust them. Better read the original.

— Dan Rather (@DanRather) April 19, 2019
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:08:57 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2019, 12:03:09 PM »
I seem to recall saying that the Mueller report might just dig up some dirt on the D party ...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opinions/mueller-report-obama-jennings/index.html

And if that's the best CNN can spin it ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2019, 12:40:16 PM »
I seem to recall saying that the Mueller report might just dig up some dirt on the D party ...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opinions/mueller-report-obama-jennings/index.html

And if that's the best CNN can spin it ...

Why did Obama go soft on Russia? My opinion is that it was because he was singularly focused on the nuclear deal with Iran. Obama wanted Putin in the deal, and to stand up to him on election interference would have, in Obama's estimation, upset that negotiation. This turned out to be a disastrous policy decision.

My take is because Obama knew the Clinton campaign was colluding with the Russians, and he wanted/expected Clinton to win so he turned a blind eye to the collusion.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2019, 10:29:50 PM »
AG Barr looks to be the hero here. Great article that describes him as the assassin brought in to end the Mueller investigation.

https://humanevents.com/2019/05/01/checkmate/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2019, 11:32:29 PM »
AG Barr looks to be the hero here. Great article that describes him as the assassin brought in to end the Mueller investigation.

Is there any way to read the article without subscribing?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2019, 07:48:56 AM »
Most people heard "No Collusion" and took that to mean "No Collusion".

Causing this:  CNN's ratings crater, drop 26% in April
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2019, 08:13:20 AM »

They must be punishing you for your high security. They let me right in.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2019, 08:39:22 AM »
just above the upper right corner of the big red box that wants you to subscribe is a little grayed out "X".  That gets you out of the subscribe popup and lets you read the article.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2019, 09:30:24 AM »

Interesting read.  It needed to be done.  I imagine it would be difficult to move forward with the reelection campaign and other issues with that hanging out there.  It was actually hard for me to believe that people actually thought Mueller had evidence that would sink Trump, but they apparently did.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:07:11 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2019, 10:15:27 PM »
Interesting read.  It needed to be done.  I imagine it would be difficult to move forward with the reelection campaign and other issues with that hanging out there.  It was actually hard for me to believe that people actually thought Mueller evidence that would sink Trump, but they apparently did.

Some of them still think so.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2019, 12:21:40 AM »
Some of them still think so.

They think Mueller (and apparently also Rosenstein) was somehow compromised. Which is pretty funny, considering all the incentives run in the other direction.

Also, Comey thinks Trump got to Barr, somehow. Nevermind that Barr was defending Trump from obstruction charges before Sessions even resigned...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2019, 05:20:35 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend