Author Topic: Civilian passenger ejected from French 2 seat jet on accident.  (Read 941 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
A 60 year old civilian guy was taken up on a joy ride and somehow managed to get ejected.

Pilot got some cuts but managed to land the jet without its canopy.

https://www.aerotime.aero/clement.charpentreau/22486-civilian-passenger-gets-unexpectedly-ejected-from-rafale-b-jet
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Civilian passenger ejected from French 2 seat jet on accident.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »
Don't touch the red handle. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »
I'm going with camera strap.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 01:56:06 PM »
Didn't think you would be able to eject while still sitting on the ground.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 02:08:11 PM »

Most seats (if not all) are now zero-zero. Zero altitude and zero airspeed. Luckily it wan't in command ejection, that would have been embarrassing to have both occupants spit out of the plane. Black and yellow striped handles. ;)

bob

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 07:35:50 AM »

They were airborne.

Many moons ago, ATC in the Marines.  Slow as hell weekend day, we're sitting playing cards when we hear a whoosh sound and something goes flying by the windows.  We run over and look, and in the ramp area in front of the tower there's a pair of Marines in coveralls running to pickup an ejection seat off the ramp, and an AV8B sans said seat.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »
They were airborne.

Many moons ago, ATC in the Marines.  Slow as hell weekend day, we're sitting playing cards when we hear a whoosh sound and something goes flying by the windows.  We run over and look, and in the ramp area in front of the tower there's a pair of Marines in coveralls running to pickup an ejection seat off the ramp, and an AV8B sans said seat.

So, like, was there a Marine pilot in said ejection seat? If not -- who or what told it to part company with its assigned airframe?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »
So, like, was there a Marine pilot in said ejection seat? If not -- who or what told it to part company with its assigned airframe?

Negative.  Mechs were fixing something and somehow managed to set it off.  Lucky it didn't kill or injure one of the idjits.
Seen some crazy *expletive deleted*it working there.  4 Harrier squadrons and an F5 squadron, and a ton of transient traffic from all 4 branches.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 02:03:56 PM »
They were airborne.

I imagine that caused some moments of "what the *censored* was that???" amongst the ATC folk, not to mention the suddenly filled coveralls among the wrench turners.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 02:09:51 PM »
Every now and then you would hear of an ejection seat accident onboard a carrier, usually while the plane was in the hanger bay. That seldom turned out well.  =|

bob

griz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 07:35:38 AM »
Every now and then you would hear of an ejection seat accident onboard a carrier, usually while the plane was in the hanger bay. That seldom turned out well.  =|

bob

I can't imagine how firing an ejection seat in any place with a roof would ever turn out well.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.