Author Topic: Largest T-Rex Ever Unearthed  (Read 477 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Largest T-Rex Ever Unearthed
« on: March 25, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »
https://www.upi.com/Science_News/2019/03/25/Paleontologists-uncover-largest-ever-T-rex-fossil/6681553522355/

In Canada, they claim to have discovered the largest land carnivore ever known- and it's a T-Rex.

The scientists estimate it weighed over 10 tons.

This is a carnivore that is larger than most elephants. I can't imagine what seeing one in person would be like.

(As an aside: My son will be quite excited by this news.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Largest T-Rex Ever Unearthed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:23:45 PM »
Analysis of the ancient fossil revealed a variety of pathologies, including scarring left by significant injuries, likely the result of violent run-ins with other tyrannosaurs. Scientists shared their survey of Scotty's bones in the journal Anatomical Record.

Sounds like the beast was big, old, and in a bad mood. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 07:45:14 PM »
Sounds like the beast was big, old, and in a bad mood. 

In keeping with my penchant for stating the obvious, that could describe a couple of folks on this board.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 07:55:03 PM »
https://www.upi.com/Science_News/2019/03/25/Paleontologists-uncover-largest-ever-T-rex-fossil/6681553522355/

In Canada, they claim to have discovered the largest land carnivore ever known- and it's a T-Rex.

The scientists estimate it weighed over 10 tons.

This is a carnivore that is larger than most elephants. I can't imagine what seeing one in person would be like.

(As an aside: My son will be quite excited by this news.)

Watch Jurassic Park.   There was one in that movie, as well as the sequels. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 08:08:45 PM »
Watch Jurassic Park.   There was one in that movie, as well as the sequels. 
What about the book?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 08:50:35 PM »
What about the book?

Book > movie

I really loved dinosaurs as a child.

The JP book was good, not Crichton’s best work but solid.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.