Author Topic: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time  (Read 104520 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2019, 11:11:01 PM »
[Captain Obvious] Just a reminder, the constitution of the United States does not confer or create rights of any kind.[/Captain Obvious]

I certainly agree with you about the heinous nature of abortion as birth control and the extremes the left are taking it to.
But do we really want to limit what is permissible to those thing that are specifically spelled out in the COTUS/BOR?
There are any number of things we consider as natural/god given rights that are not specifically spelled out in the COTUS.
The BOR actually makes note of that fact -
Article [IX] (Amendment 9 - Unenumerated Rights)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Do we want to live under the conditions of that which is not specifically permitted is prohibited? Or is it better to live under the premise of that which is not specifically prohibited is permitted?

Highlighting is mine.  But with an issue like abortion, which I am opposed to as is a majority of Americans, at the very least tax payer dollars should not be allocated to organizations who provide abortions, nor should they be allowed to sell body parts of aborted humans.  If you want an abortion, pay for it yourself or have it financed by those who believe it is not inhumane.  A moral society would direct tax dollars to support women with an unwanted pregnancy as well as having proper support and opportunity for the child to be placed with adoptive parents if the child is not wanted by the mother.  It seems that killing the unborn is less complicated by a jaded population.  Most of the argument for abortion is specious at best and bestial at worst.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2019, 11:33:51 PM »
[Captain Obvious] Just a reminder, the constitution of the United States does not confer or create rights of any kind.[/Captain Obvious]

I certainly agree with you about the heinous nature of abortion as birth control and the extremes the left are taking it to.
But do we really want to limit what is permissible to those thing that are specifically spelled out in the COTUS/BOR?
There are any number of things we consider as natural/god given rights that are not specifically spelled out in the COTUS.
The BOR actually makes note of that fact -
Article [IX] (Amendment 9 - Unenumerated Rights)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Do we want to live under the conditions of that which is not specifically permitted is prohibited? Or is it better to live under the premise of that which is not specifically prohibited is permitted?

If the unborn child is a person, isn't he entitled to the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?  And if we don't know if he is a person yet, isn't he entitled to that presumption?  That's why at conception may not technically be correct, but morally it's the right answer; it's the earliest point at which the fetus's humanity is uncertain.

A better question IMHO is, why is fed.gov getting involved in an issue of state law? (manslaughter, or the equivalent thereof)

Quote from: grampster
But with an issue like abortion, which I am opposed to as is a majority of Americans, at the very least tax payer dollars should not be allocated to organizations who provide abortions, nor should they be allowed to sell body parts of aborted humans.  If you want an abortion, pay for it yourself or have it financed by those who believe it is not inhumane.  A moral society would direct tax dollars to support women with an unwanted pregnancy as well as having proper support and opportunity for the child to be placed with adoptive parents if the child is not wanted by the mother.  It seems that killing the unborn is less complicated by a jaded population.  Most of the argument for abortion is specious at best and bestial at worst.

https://babylonbee.com/news/moloch-says-he-may-rethink-presence-in-georgia-if-anti-abortion-bill-goes-into-effect
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:51:00 AM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »
What if this parade of losers is a leftist tactic to spread thin the Trump teams opposition research resources?

Or maybe, a candidate offered for every “intersection”, then at the appointed time they all start dropping out and coalescing around the chosen candidate.

I’d love to believe they are not unified, with nobody at the helm, just a bunch of stupid and insane weirdos.

Actually believing the narrative being presented about the left in the media seems like a bad idea. Why believe the stories they’re weaving? Particularly about themselves?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
What if this parade of losers is a leftist tactic to spread thin the Trump teams opposition research resources?

Or maybe, a candidate offered for every “intersection”, then at the appointed time they all start dropping out and coalescing around the chosen candidate.

I’d love to believe they are not unified, with nobody at the helm, just a bunch of stupid and insane weirdos.

Actually believing the narrative being presented about the left in the media seems like a bad idea. Why believe the stories they’re weaving? Particularly about themselves?

Trump only really needs to worry about the one who comes out of the Dem convention relatively intact and unless someone other than from of this bunch pops out of nowhere to win it I don't think he's going to losing much sleep over it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 01:27:23 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2019, 12:12:11 PM »

It is a lot of yearbooks to go through....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »
Gotta love the Bee.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• friend

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
Why did that remind me of the USS Hillary Clinton in Sea Quest?
Only watched maybe 10min of the show and hearing that was enough for me to not watch any more or it.

Sea Quest was an underwater Scfi show back in the 90s for those who don't know.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2019, 11:43:53 PM »
Why did that remind me of the USS Hillary Clinton in Sea Quest?
Only watched maybe 10min of the show and hearing that was enough for me to not watch any more or it.

Sea Quest was an underwater Scfi show back in the 90s for those who don't know.

Sorta an updated VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA??   [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2019, 11:14:31 AM »
Sorta an updated VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA??   [popcorn]

Actually kind of sort of. But instead of having Cold War James Bond LIKE stories and/or Lobster man, Seaweed Man, Aliens from Space etc..., want the nuclear rods from the Seaview to destroy the world stories it was more save the environment and PC orientated from what I've read since I only watched enough, hearing USS Hillary Clinton was enough, to know it wasn't for me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:31:40 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2019, 11:22:21 AM »
Where have we heard this before?

STEPHANOPOULOS: Even if the House impeaches, the Senate isn’t going to convict the president. If you win in 2020, would you the Justice Department to pursue charges against President Trump?

O’ROURKE: I would want my Justice Department, any future administration’s Justice Department to follow the facts and the truth and to make sure at the end of the day there’s accountability and justice, without this, without that, this idea, this experiment of American democracy comes to a close. We were attacked unlike any other time in our 243-year history and we have a president who yet to acknowledge it and a president who has yet to be brought to justice. Yes, no matter who that is.

Beto O’Rourke: I Will Prosecute Trump If I Win in 2020
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/06/09/beto-orourke-i-will-prosecute-trump-if-i-win-in-2020/

In Trump's defense on not locking up Hillary maybe he feels it's maybe better to leave her out running her mouth continuing to be an embarrassment to the Dems instead of making her a martyr.   
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2019, 03:53:13 PM »

Beto O’Rourke: I Will Prosecute Trump If I Win in 2020

I guess that's one less thing for Trump to worry about.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2019, 09:18:05 PM »
Beto O'Rourke is a moron. [popcorn]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2019, 09:55:15 PM »

How DARE you insult morons like that?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2019, 10:32:59 PM »

He has a long road ahead of him to attain that lofty level of achievement.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2019, 10:45:56 PM »
O’ROURKE: I would want my Justice Department, any future administration’s Justice blah blah blah
In Trump's defense on not locking up Hillary maybe he feels it's maybe better to leave her out running her mouth continuing to be an embarrassment to the Dems instead of making her a martyr.   

for a second I thought the O'Rourke might be P.J.  Alas, no.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2019, 08:56:41 AM »
Well that was awkward

‘Brutal’! Eric Swalwell ‘waiting for applause that didn’t come’ is DEFINITELY one of the most cringe-inducing videos of the Dem campaign season
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/06/09/brutal-eric-swalwell-waiting-for-applause-that-didnt-come-is-definitely-one-of-the-most-cringe-inducing-videos-of-the-dem-campaign-season/

Democrat presidential candidate Eric Swalwell: “I will be bold without the bull”
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1137821371084419072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2019, 12:14:34 PM »
DeBlasio kinda owning himself here:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/06/10/womp-womp-bill-de-blasio-got-how-many-votes-out-of-600-dems-polled-in-iowa/

Zero votes in the poll. His response is basically, "It's 600 Iowans, who cares?"  Stupid flyover hicks who don't know enough to vote for an NYC hero!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2019, 12:51:26 PM »

Probably, but in this case, I think he's just saying what every candidate will say, if they want votes. Lock Him Up is now the unofficial slogan of the Dem. Party.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2019, 12:52:33 PM »

Kind of says something about the many people that voted for him last go around.  Scary.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
I hope everyone with half a brain or more votes in 2020.  If that happened the Ds wouldn't get any votes at all. :rofl: :rofl:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »
Kind of says something about the many people that voted for him last go around.  Scary.

Yeah, well at least Robert isn't a serial killer.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2019, 03:04:25 PM »
Yeah, well at least Robert isn't a serial killer.

How do you know?

Scout26

• friend

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.