Author Topic: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time  (Read 104479 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« Reply #250 on: July 20, 2019, 04:20:02 PM »
Maybe he can pay them in tips
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
Buttigieg says White supremacy could be issue that ends this country. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-supremacy-could-be-issue-that-ends-this-country-presidential-candidate-says/ar-AAEDtkB?ocid=spartandhp

"Also, in my view, it means treating racial inequality as a specialty issue, as an issue to be talked about with audiences of color only -- but as something that frankly white Americans need to take more seriously," he added.

Nothing will bring the country together more than having closed groups discuss how Whitey is the devil.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »
Buttigieg says White supremacy could be issue that ends this country. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-supremacy-could-be-issue-that-ends-this-country-presidential-candidate-says/ar-AAEDtkB?ocid=spartandhp

Nothing will bring the country together more than having closed groups discuss how Whitey is the devil.

Huh. I was kind of thinking that POC supremacy will be the end of this country.

It would be a real shame if we had to categorize people by "Jackass" and "Not a Jackass" vs by skin color. These freakin' SJWs have set race relations back 100 years, and they (and the MSM) should consider themselves responsible for any of these fringe white power groups even making the news cycle, vs having their little rallys in the middle of nowhere with no one paying attention.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2019, 01:02:35 PM »
And yet it's always Republicans that stand accused of fear-mongering.

Have they erased our black president from the record yet? What was his name? ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2019, 02:27:19 PM »
And yet it's always Republicans that stand accused of fear-mongering.

Have they erased our black president from the record yet? What was his name? ???

What's his name wasn't really black, he was half white. So maybe he should be recorded in history books as our first gray president.

As well as the president who personally set race relations back fifty years. The media accuse Trump of being a racist, but they never said "Boo" when what's his name played the race card at every possible opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:53:32 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2019, 01:03:42 AM »
What's his name wasn't really black, he was half white. So maybe he should be recorded in history books as out first gray president.

"Black," as the term itself suggests, is almost entirely a matter of appearance. Obama looks black, so he's black, and that's really all there is to it.

Let the lefties argue about how "black" he is.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2019, 08:32:25 AM »
"Black," as the term itself suggests, is almost entirely a matter of appearance. Obama looks black, so he's black, and that's really all there is to it.

Let the lefties argue about how "black" he is.

Same as how people use "white hispanic". It's more of a narrative thing.

I assume it's the same in all states, but buying a gun, I do notice the "white - not hispanic" checkbox on the paperwork.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2019, 11:01:15 PM »
Same as how people use "white hispanic". It's more of a narrative thing.

A narrative that keeps popping up, without ever proving anything. OK, so Obama's half-black and half-white. So? If you're half-white, but you still look black, you're black. Obama looks black.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2019, 12:17:21 PM »
Add one

Bette Midler Declares Herself 2020 ‘Write-In Candidate’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/08/03/bette-midler-declares-herself-2020-write-in-candidate/

And Michelle says nope

Will She Run? Michelle Obama Finally Answers The Highly-Anticipated Question
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/08/03/will-she-run-michelle-obama-finally-answers-the-highly-anticipated-question-n2551130
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2019, 01:31:12 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
The only time we can be absolutely sure that M. Obama will not run for President will be the day after the election.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2019, 02:37:02 PM »
People seem to think a lot of her.  IMO, she just comes across as an angry lady.  I don't think she has what it takes to win and she knows it.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2019, 02:53:30 PM »
People seem to think a lot of her.  IMO, she just comes across as an angry lady.  I don't think she has what it takes to win and she knows it.  

Unfortunately there's a rather large segment of the population that will vote for her based solely on the fact she's A) black and B) a woman just so that they can can prove  to themselves how woke they are. They were able to check off one of those in 08 and 12
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 03:50:03 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2019, 05:07:36 PM »
Unfortunately there's a rather large segment of the population that will vote for her based solely on the fact she's A) black and B) a woman just so that they can can prove  to themselves how woke they are. They were able to check off one of those in 08 and 12
I think the last election showed that an unlikable woman is not a lock to win.  Running against Trump won't be the same as running against McCain and Romney.  Barack Obama was likeable, well spoken, and has some charisma (according to some).  His wife doesn't have that.

It doesn't really matter who it is that survives the current cage match.  The media and online powers will be pulling out all the stops to get them elected.  If I didn't care about outcome, it would be an interesting event to watch. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2019, 09:58:03 PM »
Add one

Bette Midler Declares Herself 2020 ‘Write-In Candidate’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/08/03/bette-midler-declares-herself-2020-write-in-candidate/

I'm at a trivia night right now, and she was just an answer - "What celebrity is known as The Divine Ms. M?" With her, "America's Pastor" Buttigieg, and the crystal-healer-tarot-card lady in this race [sic], it looks like the Democrats have overcome their qualms about mixing politics and religion.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:58:20 PM by fistful »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2019, 09:00:20 AM »
I'm at a trivia night right now, and she was just an answer - "What celebrity is known as The Divine Ms. M?" With her, "America's Pastor" Buttigieg, and the crystal-healer-tarot-card lady in this race [sic], it looks like the Democrats have overcome their qualms about mixing politics and religion.

The Divine Ms. M  could be Michelle
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2019, 12:38:48 PM »
Whoops, move to another thread
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:51:20 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2019, 11:55:04 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2019, 11:07:15 AM »
Apparently all the Biden bashing hasn't changed anything.
I personally think not that many are actually paying attention

Advantage Biden: In New Post-Debates Democratic Polling, Nothing Changed
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/08/08/postdebate-democratic-poll-nothing-changed-n2551265
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2019, 11:09:01 AM »
Apparently all the Biden bashing hasn't changed anything.
I personally think not that many are actually paying attention

Advantage Biden: In New Post-Debates Democratic Polling, Nothing Changed
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/08/08/postdebate-democratic-poll-nothing-changed-n2551265

I would believe that, save for the massive drop in support for Kamala Harris in the black community. Someone is paying attention for such a huge drop.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »
Another Biden gaffe
Now he thinks he was VP in 2018

Gaffe time: Joe Biden claims Parkland survivors ‘came up to see me when I was vice president’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/08/10/gaffe-time-joe-biden-claims-parkland-survivors-came-up-to-see-me-when-i-was-vice-president/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2019, 11:55:50 PM »
Another Biden gaffe
Now he thinks he was VP in 2018

Gaffe time: Joe Biden claims Parkland survivors ‘came up to see me when I was vice president’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/08/10/gaffe-time-joe-biden-claims-parkland-survivors-came-up-to-see-me-when-i-was-vice-president/

He voted against the second amendment when it came out of committee.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Say one thing to one group then turn around and say the opposite to another

On the question of outright banning certain firearms for cosmetic features, bullets of any random size, or banning magazines holding an arbitrary number of cartridges, I am adamantly opposed and do not believe that laws should be based on random limits just for the sake of limiting gun ownership or usage.

Furthermore the attempt to limit the purchase of firearms to arbitrary time periods – such as “one-gun-a-month” – will not solve any crimes and will only [curtail] the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens.

I share your concerns about these and other attempts that could contribute to the slippery slope of government confiscation of people’s firearms based on the arbitrary whim of politics and public opinion.

– Senator Kirsten Gillibrand in a 2008 letter to the National Rifle Association

Kirsten Gillibrand Was Against More Gun Control Before She Was For It
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/kirsten-gillibrand-was-against-more-gun-control-before-she-was-for-it/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »
When new lies don't work bring up old ones.

5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.
    — Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) August 9, 2019

Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger accountability and racial equity in our justice system.

— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) August 9, 2019

Double Standards: Will the Media Hold Warren and Harris Accountable for Spreading a Pernicious Racial Hoax?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/08/14/will-the-media-hold-warren-and-harris-accountable-for-spreading-a-pernicious-racial-hoax-n2551533
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.