Author Topic: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time  (Read 104015 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« Reply #725 on: March 26, 2020, 07:28:41 PM »
All Biden has to do is keep breathing:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/03/the-atlantic-tells-joe-biden-all-he-needs-to-do-is-stay-alive/#more-313059

Is it too tinfoil of me to think they're trying to mainstream the idea that it would be OK to elect Joe, and then have him resign once in office?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #727 on: March 27, 2020, 08:08:47 AM »
....And go to Wisconsin.

Although people fault Clinton for neglecting WI and MI, I'm not sure she was wrong to avoid them.

From all evidence, it seemed the more people see of her, the more they dislike her. Going to WI and MI may have been counterproductive.

I say that because I'm fairly certain Biden is going to fall into that situation, too. Replace "dislike her", though, with "question his mental stability."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #728 on: March 27, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »
I am sure Biden wants to get to know more union workers.  He has done so well with them recently.  =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #729 on: March 27, 2020, 10:45:33 AM »
Remember folks, the woman must be believed

Joe Biden Faces Sexual Assault Allegations From A Former Staffer
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-211641946.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #730 on: March 27, 2020, 07:39:27 PM »
Democrats PANIC As Trump Hits ANOTHER Polling Record And Biden Is Useless, Dems Riddled With Anxiety
https://videos.whatfinger.com/2020/03/27/democrats-panic-as-trump-hits-another-polling-record-and-biden-is-useless-dems-riddled-with-anxiety/
This is a Tim Pool video, but I have come across a couple links recently talking about Trumps polling numbers being pretty good considering all that is going on.  I guess we will see how this plays out the next month or so. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #731 on: March 27, 2020, 11:17:51 PM »
^ "Some sites may require an account or subscription"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #732 on: March 27, 2020, 11:49:51 PM »
Remember folks, the woman must be believed

Joe Biden Faces Sexual Assault Allegations From A Former Staffer
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-211641946.html

Link takes me to a looooooooooong list of headlines, but I don't see anything at all about Biden + sexual assault.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #735 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:27 AM »
Worded differently now though, I think they removed some of what she said about the incident. IIRC it had more details of the supposed act.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:02:37 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #736 on: March 28, 2020, 12:49:01 PM »
I hadda laugh at "the woman must be believed," and the spokeslady for Biden in this incident saying this must all be carefully vetted, blah, blah blah.

Yeah, I gotcher vetting right here, lady.

Turnabout is fair play.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #737 on: March 28, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »
Democrats PANIC As Trump Hits ANOTHER Polling Record And Biden Is Useless, Dems Riddled With Anxiety

I tend to not take this stuff for granted.  George HW Bush came out of the First Gulf War with astronomical approval ratings, far higher than what Trump is seeing now.  Eighteen months later, after earlier reneging on a campaign promise and raising taxes and arguably causing the 1992 recession, Clinton handed his fanny to him in the '92 election.
Trump could very easily lose reelection in November.  In fact, I think he will after the economic fallout from the COVID-19 crisis.  If in fact COVID-19 infects and kills less people than a typical flu season, the Democrats will claim Trump is to blame for ruining the economy unnecessarily because of it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #738 on: March 28, 2020, 03:08:13 PM »
I started this thread a year ago. Only 3 clowns are left. Trump's chances look a bit dicier than they did a year ago, but the Democrats haven't exactly risen to the occasion. Sanders is all but finished. Biden's campaign has, predictably, fallen apart, but he's still the frontrunner.

???

grampster

• friend
« Reply #739 on: March 28, 2020, 06:43:10 PM »
Cuomo is being groomed by the American Pravda who represents the DNC.  Biden will drop out for health reasons just prior to the D convention and Cuomo will be drafted. 
Cuomo will pick a leftist woman for VP...maybe a leftist woman of color.  That's the ticket, yeah. 
Cuomo and a leftist woman of color...who is handicapped.  Yeah.
Cuomo and a leftist woman of color who is handicapped, and is a gay transvestite.  Yeah, that's the ticket. :old: :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #740 on: March 28, 2020, 07:05:38 PM »
I tend to not take this stuff for granted.  George HW Bush came out of the First Gulf War with astronomical approval ratings, far higher than what Trump is seeing now.  Eighteen months later, after earlier reneging on a campaign promise and raising taxes and arguably causing the 1992 recession, Clinton handed his fanny to him in the '92 election.
Trump could very easily lose reelection in November.  In fact, I think he will after the economic fallout from the COVID-19 crisis.  If in fact COVID-19 infects and kills less people than a typical flu season, the Democrats will claim Trump is to blame for ruining the economy unnecessarily because of it.
Just to clarify, Clinton did NOT hand Bush Sr his fanny.  He squeaked by against a damaged candidate with a 3rd party challenger pulling R votes away.  The vote count was something like 43% to Clinton with Bush Sr at about 37%.  Ross Perot didn't win any states, but wiki says he got nearly 19% of the vote.  That hurt Bush Sr a lot more than Clinton did.  Without Perot, enough of those Perot voters might have held their noses and voted for Bush.  I don't think any of the recently leftist 3rd party candidates have gotten so many votes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_United_States_presidential_election

It is probably for the best that Bush Sr lost.  Anti-gun executive orders is one of the things he did that cost him reelection.  If he had knuckled under and passed the AWB, it may not have had the 10 year sunset and voters may not have voted out the Democrats in the House in 1994. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #741 on: March 28, 2020, 08:38:16 PM »
Liar, liar, pants on fire (Kathy Griffin edition):

https://www.theamericanmirror.com/2020/03/report-kathy-griffin-caught-red-handed-trying-to-pretend-she-had-coronavirus/?utm_source=right-rail-trending

Griffin tried to claim she has coronavirus but couldn't get tested because TRUMP! Turns out she had been to Mexico and has Montezuma's revenge.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #742 on: March 28, 2020, 09:08:02 PM »
Liar, liar, pants on fire (Kathy Griffin edition):

https://www.theamericanmirror.com/2020/03/report-kathy-griffin-caught-red-handed-trying-to-pretend-she-had-coronavirus/?utm_source=right-rail-trending

Griffin tried to claim she has coronavirus but couldn't get tested because TRUMP! Turns out she had been to Mexico and has Montezuma's revenge.

Why are we talking about her?
"It's good, though..."

JN01

• friend
« Reply #743 on: March 28, 2020, 09:30:02 PM »
Well, she is a clown, and might be as good a VP candidate as any of the other likely clowns.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #744 on: March 30, 2020, 09:17:22 PM »
Well, she is a clown, and might be as good a VP candidate as any of the other likely clowns.

She is nothing of consequence.  Same thing.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #745 on: March 31, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
Cuomo is being groomed by the American Pravda who represents the DNC.  Biden will drop out for health reasons just prior to the D convention and Cuomo will be drafted. 
Cuomo will pick a leftist woman for VP...maybe a leftist woman of color.  That's the ticket, yeah. 
Cuomo and a leftist woman of color...who is handicapped.  Yeah.
Cuomo and a leftist woman of color who is handicapped, and is a gay transvestite.  Yeah, that's the ticket. :old: :old:

My wife and I watch Chris Cuomo on CNN whenever he's interviewing his brother the Governor. The politics are execrable as usual, but the way they rib each others as brothers, or "Mom said this", and "Mom always said" type of stuff they shoot at each other in this deadpan way like it's an interview going bad when it really isn't is genuinely funny.

Anyway, Chris asked Andrew if he was considering running for POTUS, he emphatically said "No." to everything, including if he was even considering it, or would consider it in the future. Granted, I know what that's worth, since he can change his mind and say "Yes" at any time.

But for what that's worth right now... (not much, but there it is)
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #746 on: March 31, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »
My wife and I watch Chris Cuomo on CNN whenever he's interviewing his brother the Governor. The politics are execrable excrement as usual, but the way they rib each others as brothers, or "Mom said this", and "Mom always said" type of stuff they shoot at each other in this deadpan way like it's an interview going bad when it really isn't is genuinely funny.

Anyway, Chris asked Andrew if he was considering running for POTUS, he emphatically said "No." to everything, including if he was even considering it, or would consider it in the future. Granted, I know what that's worth, since he can change his mind and say "Yes" at any time.

FTFY

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #747 on: March 31, 2020, 01:18:03 PM »

It would be pretty impressive if he threw together a half-way competitive presidential bid this close to the convention/general election, while dealing with one of the worst disease outbreaks in recent memory. Then again, his competition on the Democrat side is, well, what it is.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #748 on: March 31, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
Speaking of clowns, a classic from 3 years ago:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LfnGdAxb3U   :laugh:
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #749 on: March 31, 2020, 03:00:42 PM »

It would be pretty impressive if he threw together a half-way competitive presidential bid this close to the convention/general election, while dealing with one of the worst disease outbreaks in recent memory. Then again, his competition on the Democrat side is, well, what it is.

My wife is nominally conservative, but easily swayed by the MSM. And she was wondering aloud last night if Cuomo would run an independent campaign, and I was all: "Yes! He should do EXACTLY that!"  :rofl:

And I also stated what's also cool is he'd be the FIRST president with the name "Andrew". (My name) She didn't correct me.

But, she graduated with a Bachelor's in Fine Arts, and there's only so much you can do.  :lol:
I promise not to duck.