Author Topic: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time  (Read 103985 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2019, 01:51:44 PM »
The Klown Klavern? 

(They being, you know, Ds.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2019, 02:21:14 PM »
I'm kinda glad  I didn't put off moving to America any longer. Nearly every candidate is talking about some kind of gun ban and/or confiscation. While I doubt much of it will have any legs,  I certainly expect panic buying next year.

I'm getting/building at least two more ARs before the dem candidate is selected. I'll either have gotten them at normal prices if nothing happens, or I might make a few bucks selling one or two during peak panic and then buying again after things get back to normal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2019, 05:22:24 PM »
And his opening message is "wealth redistribution".

So the main talking points of these clowns so far:

Wealth redistribution
Mandatory gun confiscation
The government as your bank
The Joos!
Reparations
We have 12 years to live
I lost my turtle

What have I missed?

Hey hey! Ho ho! White cis males have got to go!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2019, 12:21:54 AM »
I'm kinda glad  I didn't put off moving to America any longer. Nearly every candidate is talking about some kind of gun ban and/or confiscation. While I doubt much of it will have any legs,  I certainly expect panic buying next year.

I'm getting/building at least two more ARs before the dem candidate is selected. I'll either have gotten them at normal prices if nothing happens, or I might make a few bucks selling one or two during peak panic and then buying again after things get back to normal.
That is a good point.  It would be nice to sell a few AR's, but not at the expense of having a Dem President. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2019, 09:27:53 AM »
That is a good point.  It would be nice to sell a few AR's, but not at the expense of having a Dem President. 

I'm figuring about a year of intensive panic buying ramping up in the next few months after the dem primaries. Then either all is well and prices and demand regulate down, or we have four years of some level of increased demand depending on the dem president and what they push. I would expect all of them to play with EOs. From (likely primary winners) Biden paying mostly lip service, to Harris trying for more intrusive stuff. It also will very much depend on congressional majorities.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2019, 11:39:41 AM »
Looks like de Blasio is drawing them in   :rofl:

https://twitter.com/gracerauh/status/1129550339831738369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

OUCH! Bill de Blasio’s ‘largest crowd of the day’ in Iowa has even captured the White House’s attention
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/05/18/ouch-bill-de-blasios-largest-crowd-of-the-day-in-iowa-has-even-captured-the-white-houses-attention/

Size matters, deBlasio.

This is how it’s done.

Thank you #Georgia #GOP @sendavidperdue https://t.co/wig27zOYY4 pic.twitter.com/aRouFLqwzI

— Kellyanne Conway (@KellyannePolls) May 18, 2019
:rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2019, 02:59:19 PM »
Buttigieg has figured out how to solve the country's problems. Stop naming things after Jefferson

Pete Buttigieg Wants Us All To Stop Naming Things After Thomas Jefferson
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/05/18/pete-buttigieg-wants-us-all-to-stop-naming-things-after-thomas-jefferson-n2546531
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2019, 03:11:30 PM »
Buttigieg has figured out how to solve the country's problems. Stop naming things after Jefferson

I suppose Washington will be next.

Buttigieg D.C.?

The Buttigieg Monument?   (I have ideas about what shape that monument would take, but they're too impolite to mention here)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »
I suppose Washington will be next.

Buttigieg D.C.?

The Buttigieg Monument?   (I have ideas about what shape that monument would take, but they're too impolite to mention here)

Remember reading somewhere that some SJWs were calling for things named after Washington be rename.
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2019, 04:11:29 AM »
Yeah, to Lenin or Alinsky, maybe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2019, 09:56:08 AM »
Catch and release
Works in Chicago right?

Democratic presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand on illegal aliens who are arrested at the border: “As President, I wouldn't use the detention system at all…They don't need to be incarcerated…They can go into the community the way we used to handle these cases under DOJ” pic.twitter.com/UT5ckrvy6G
    — Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) May 19, 2019
According to an analysis from the Center for Immigration Studies, 43 percent of aliens who are released into the U.S. pending trial did not appear for court in 2017.

Gillibrand: I Wouldn’t Detain Any Illegal Aliens, I'd Free Them All Into the US
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2019/05/20/gillibrand-i-wouldnt-detain-any-illegal-aliens-at-all-id-let-them-into-the-community-n2546574
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2019, 10:06:51 AM »
AOC: Was just kidding about the 12 year thing. Ha ha, I'm funny.
Bernie: We're all going to die in 12 years!

Bernie Sanders Puts Climate Change Doomsday Clock at 12 Years During Rally in Alabama
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/20/bernie-sanders-puts-climate-change-doomsday-clock-at-12-years-during-rally-in-alabama/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2019, 11:40:11 AM »
The military will fight climate change:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/05/20/wtf-elizabeth-warren-has-a-plan-for-whos-going-to-lead-the-fight-against-climate-change/

Together, we can work with our military to fight climate change. https://t.co/fYixnw11bz

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) May 19, 2019

With, not use, as if they're separate from America or something?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
We have all those nuclear weapons.  Gotta use them for something. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2019, 04:25:27 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/24/lgtb-people-rage-pete-buttigieg-not-gay-enough/

So much stoopid.  :rofl:

It's pretty funny that the woke-scold NPCs are now reciting social conservatives' talking points. I distinctly recall that one argument against fake marriage was that homosexual relationships were never exclusive, so they weren't really interested in monogamy, anyway. Now Mayor Pete is not really gay, because he's not on Grindr.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2019, 01:24:14 PM »
What ever happened to a chicken in every pot?

Beginning on Day One, here’s what I will do to advance reproductive rights:

Create a White House Office of Reproductive Freedom:

How I Will Take Immediate Action to Protect Reproductive Rights as President
https://medium.com/@corybooker/how-i-will-take-immediate-action-to-protect-reproductive-rights-as-president-fd7f5d28f616
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »
What ever happened to a chicken in every pot?

How I Will Take Immediate Action to Protect Reproductive Rights as President
https://medium.com/@corybooker/how-i-will-take-immediate-action-to-protect-reproductive-rights-as-president-fd7f5d28f616

Hmmm ...

I stand with those leading the fight for reproductive freedom and will continue to fight to protect the constitutional right to abortion and ensure that everyone has real access to reproductive health care. That starts with doing the following:

• Nominating judges who are committed to upholding reproductive rights,

My copy of the Constitution must be defective. I can't find a right to abortion in it anywhere. And I worry about any prospective president who campaigns on a platform to appoint judges who will "uphold" non-existent rights rather than uphold the law and the Constitution.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2019, 11:43:48 PM »
Hmmm ...

My copy of the Constitution must be defective. I can't find a right to abortion in it anywhere. And I worry about any prospective president who campaigns on a platform to appoint judges who will "uphold" non-existent rights rather than uphold the law and the Constitution.

[Captain Obvious] Just a reminder, the constitution of the United States does not confer or create rights of any kind.[/Captain Obvious]

I certainly agree with you about the heinous nature of abortion as birth control and the extremes the left are taking it to.
But do we really want to limit what is permissible to those thing that are specifically spelled out in the COTUS/BOR?
There are any number of things we consider as natural/god given rights that are not specifically spelled out in the COTUS.
The BOR actually makes note of that fact -
Article [IX] (Amendment 9 - Unenumerated Rights)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Do we want to live under the conditions of that which is not specifically permitted is prohibited? Or is it better to live under the premise of that which is not specifically prohibited is permitted?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
Wake me when someone starts promising free beer
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.