Author Topic: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time  (Read 103984 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2019, 03:01:48 PM »
I guess this if the best place to put this: https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/11/20/new-poll-on-impeaching-president-trump-falls-4-points-in-battleground-state-of-wisconsin-trump-now-leads-biden-sanders-warren-buttigieg/

Do a text search for "And, BOOM!" to see the tweets about Trump leading all D candidates in head-to-head matches.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2019, 04:25:42 PM »
I guess this if the best place to put this: https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/11/20/new-poll-on-impeaching-president-trump-falls-4-points-in-battleground-state-of-wisconsin-trump-now-leads-biden-sanders-warren-buttigieg/

Do a text search for "And, BOOM!" to see the tweets about Trump leading all D candidates in head-to-head matches.
Answer:  See other thread about their impeachment strategies.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/20/if-democrats-were-held-to-their-own-standards-their-debates-couldnt-be-at-tyler-perry-studios/

Zing!

It seems the Dems are having a debate on Tyler Perry's property, even though he is famous for dressing like a woman. Apparently, for a straight dude, that's a tremendous evil. Better still, it's in Georgia, which Lefties said they'd boycott, due to abortion issues.

In other news, Swalwell may have dropped out of the race, but we can still laugh at him here.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #429 on: November 21, 2019, 06:02:45 PM »
charb raises a good point. I guess Bloomberg also mentioned duck-hunting. So there are two game animals now. Other than that, what do you people really need guns for?

It's funny how they pretend to believe hunting is defensible while they're campaigning on guns, but not so much when some hapless girl shares a hunting photo on the internet.

Hunting will probably drop soon since 5% of the population actively hunts anymore, least what I read in a recent NPR story.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/20/593001800/decline-in-hunters-threatens-how-u-s-pays-for-conservation
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2019, 06:35:26 PM »
Hunting will probably drop soon since 5% of the population actively hunts anymore, least what I read in a recent NPR story.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/20/593001800/decline-in-hunters-threatens-how-u-s-pays-for-conservation

CA is a good example of that. A few years back they even changed "dept of fish and game" to "dept of wildlife" as part of a "makeover" and accompanying PR to attract non-hunters and non-fishers to the outdoors. There has definitely been a big decline in consumptive recreation because of that and other factors, and there's no license or fees for "wildlife viewing".

If it wasn't for CADFW also having their OSPR (office of oil spill prevention and response) division as part of their budget, and all the dough they suck out of the oil companies for that, they'd have been in dire straits long before now.

Even here in Idaho hunting is on the decline (other than, apparently, non-resident tags). I signed up for the DFG newsletters and they are always talking about needing to engage and attract young hunters.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #431 on: November 21, 2019, 06:45:40 PM »
This state constitutional amendment just passed a couple weeks ago.  Earmarking part of sales tax toward Parks and Wildlife.  
Proposition 5

Earmarking all revenue from the sporting goods sales tax toward the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the Texas Historical Commission, as intended when the tax was created in 1993.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/10/18/texas-state-parks-could-see-more-money-if-voters-approve-prop-5/

If you don't have your own land, hunting is expensive.  And land is a pretty good investment these days as the cost of land keeps climbing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #432 on: November 22, 2019, 09:34:07 AM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/bernie-sanders-promises-to-put-aoc-in-charge-of-math-if-elected
Bernie Sanders: 'If Elected, I Will Put AOC In Charge Of Math'

Ocasio-Cortez said she was flattered by his comments. "I'm real good at math. Things like adding, subtracting. Numbers, I do numbers. I can carry numbers in the division stuff, but I don't like to do it much. They get heavy. Oh, and when you need to figure out a tip, you just double the tax. Doubling is when you divide something by 2. No, wait---"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #433 on: November 22, 2019, 09:35:09 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #434 on: November 23, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »
So, everything they accuse Trump of doing, which he hasn't actually even done, but for "liberal approved" stuff, so it's hunky dory.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/11/23/insane-kamala-harris-who-has-compared-trump-to-a-dictator-threatens-to-take-over-drug-companies-as-president/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #436 on: November 24, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
Bloomberg officially in

BREAKING: Anti-Gun Patron Saint Michael Bloomberg Officially Enters the Presidential Race
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-anti-gun-patron-saint-michael-bloomberg-officially-enters-the-presidential-race/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #437 on: November 24, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Another mayor with a black people problem.

This guy doesn't need 2 new threads. We already have a thread for all the clowns all the time. We've seen 2 gun control nutters flame out already. And as mentioned, we already have a mayor in the race, who will also struggle for black votes.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2019, 09:59:34 AM »
Scratch another

Today, I’m suspending my campaign for President.

Thank you for your belief, your trust, and your support. Read my full statement here: https://t.co/eWuRmOqjlT
    — Steve Bullock (@GovernorBullock) December 2, 2019
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/12/02/another-2020-contender-ends-his-campaign-n2557317
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2019, 10:45:39 AM »
Scratch another
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/12/02/another-2020-contender-ends-his-campaign-n2557317

Is he the one that showed up at the debate and security thought he was wanting a press pass?

Also, he hadn't dropped out yet?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2019, 11:00:25 AM »
Giving everybody free *expletive deleted*it might be how they plan to steal our IRAs, 401(k)s and 403(b)s.  Print lots of money to devalue the currency so our retirement accounts can't keep up with the hyperinflation.  The end result wouldn't be much different than seizing them under eminent domain, just probably less bloodshed because it wouldn't happen all at once.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »
Giving everybody free *expletive deleted*it might be how they plan to steal our IRAs, 401(k)s and 403(b)s.  Print lots of money to devalue the currency so our retirement accounts can't keep up with the hyperinflation.  The end result wouldn't be much different than seizing them under eminent domain, just probably less bloodshed because it wouldn't happen all at once.

Tried to explain that to liberal leaning hard workers? You've been working and saving your whole life right? So WTF do you support $15 min wage and more taxes when all that is going to do is devalue your savings? Sorry Dave Ramsey, debt is the new savings, a true sucker is the one with money in the bank. Get your stuff, hide it, live well.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #443 on: December 02, 2019, 07:06:26 PM »
Tried to explain that to liberal leaning hard workers? You've been working and saving your whole life right? So WTF do you support $15 min wage and more taxes when all that is going to do is devalue your savings? Sorry Dave Ramsey, debt is the new savings, a true sucker is the one with money in the bank. Get your stuff, hide it, live well.
Or don't store your money in cash savings.  Store it in land or other hard assets. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #444 on: December 02, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »
Scratch another

Who?

On Monday, the Montana governor announced he's suspending his campaign for president because it's become clear he's not going to be able to break into the top tier of candidates.

Good Lord, he had a long climb to even reach the bottom tier of candidates.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #445 on: December 02, 2019, 09:28:54 PM »
Or don't store your money in cash savings.  Store it in land or other hard assets. 

Precious metals, copper, brass and lead.  =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2019, 10:57:50 PM »
Precious metals, copper, brass and lead.  =D
I was just talking to a guy at work who has 3 houses and said he also has classic cars and motorcycles.  Not sure how much of the latter.  I guess you get whatever you think you can sell if you need to.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #447 on: December 02, 2019, 11:18:07 PM »
Store it in land or other hard assets. 

Rural land is way over priced right now. You can't pay the note off in 30 years farming it. You can get a better return on money buying over priced land and charging rent to farmer than CDs/savings accounts. Why prime/marginal Ag land is so high. Got a few millions in cash, buy 400 acres at $6500 an acre, charge $180 a year rent, gross $72k per year at that price.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #448 on: December 03, 2019, 09:59:22 AM »
Rural land is way over priced right now. You can't pay the note off in 30 years farming it. You can get a better return on money buying over priced land and charging rent to farmer than CDs/savings accounts. Why prime/marginal Ag land is so high. Got a few millions in cash, buy 400 acres at $6500 an acre, charge $180 a year rent, gross $72k per year at that price.

That seems like a huge risk(1) for such small gains....

(1) risk as in the possibilty of a correction in land prices.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #449 on: December 03, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »

400 acres x $6500/acre= $2,600,000

$180/acre/year x 400 acres = $72,000

$2,600,000 invested / $72,000/ year income = 36.1 years to break even.  Assuming zero property taxes and or upkeep on the land.  Obviously you have the land as an asset, but that doesn't seem like a great use of $2.5mil.  With even a crap safe 3.5% interest rate you'd have almost $9mil in that time.