Author Topic: Notre Dame is on Fire  (Read 6993 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Notre Dame is on Fire
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 08:50:20 AM »
Interesting. Man stopped from bringing gas and lighters into St Patricks Cathedral. Not releasing his name.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-patricks-cathedral-new-york-city

NY Post did:

https://nypost.com/2019/04/17/man-arrested-after-walking-into-st-patricks-cathedral-with-gas-cans/

Marc Lamparello, 37, of New Jersey, entered the historic Midtown church about 8 p.m. with the flammable paraphernalia

Lamparello is a CUNY student seeking his Ph.D. in philosophy, and has done stints as an adjunct lecturer at Lehman College, a police source said.

What's the over/under on his political leanings?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2019, 03:53:18 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2019, 04:36:15 PM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2019, 09:34:05 AM »
It was described as an accident by the media before the fire was even extinguished.

The heuristic that I apply to all media stories tells me that it was most likely arson committed by a Muslim based upon the immediate media narrative.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2019, 10:03:15 AM »
It was described as an accident by the media before the fire was even extinguished.

The heuristic that I apply to all media stories tells me that it was most likely arson committed by a Muslim based upon the immediate media narrative.

Seeing the scaffolding, I accepted that an accident was quite possible.

The absolute discounting and unwillingness to even accept the possibility that it was an act of desecration makes me believe that to be more and more likely.

It's like these people have to pretend the world isn't what it is. They MUST defend their fantasy.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2019, 12:07:03 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2019, 12:26:13 PM »
Really AP? Really?

https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/1119233586698362880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The leftist coalition hates Heritage Europeans and Americans.

They fling poo at us every chance they get.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2019, 12:27:43 PM »
Even though the "experts" are still not allowed to enter the building because it's not considered to be stable, the "experts" have now concluded that the fire was caused by a short circuit.

I find that incredibly difficult to comprehend. I don't know what kind of electrical stuff they had in the attic space above the stone vaults and below the roof, but I doubt it would be anything that would cause a fire in the event of a short circuit. They apparently had a fire alarm/detection system. Those operate on low voltage -- 12 or 24 volts. And, unless it was a system as old as the building itself, a fire/smoke detection system would have self-monitoring, so if a short circuit occurred, the system would have initiated a trouble alert.

France, like all of Europe, uses 220-volt electric for lighting and convenience power. 220 volts can make a decent spark, or generate some heat if it shorts. But what was in the attic that could burn? Those roof timbers were so big that they say there are no trees anywhere in Europe large enough to replace them. It takes a LOT of heat to start a timber that big to burning. Thank about your fireplace, or a campfire. Take a log six inches in diameter at 40 or 50 degrees ambient temperature, with the bark scraped off it, and try to light it using a match. Or a Zippo. Not going to happen.

One article speculated that the fire started as a result of a malfunction in an elevator. Since the point of origin was near the intersection of the transept and the nave, there are no elevators there serving the building. There was an elevator of some kind in the scaffolding, for access to the spire they were restoring. That was outdoors, above the (metal) roof, and the scaffolding was steel (except for the plank walkways, I assume). I don't see how a short in the elevator could have started a fire in the attic.

At this point, there isn't enough information to determine how the fire started. IMHO there certainly isn't enough information to label it an act of terrorism ... but there also certainly isn't enough information to determine that it WASN'T an act of terrorism.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
Even though the "experts" are still not allowed to enter the building because it's not considered to be stable, the "experts" have now concluded that the fire was caused by a short circuit.

I find that incredibly difficult to comprehend. I don't know what kind of electrical stuff they had in the attic space above the stone vaults and below the roof, but I doubt it would be anything that would cause a fire in the event of a short circuit.

Wiring for the Lights perhaps.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2019, 12:59:43 PM »
The more the left hyperventilated chanting “Russia Russia Russia” the less I believed any of what they said.

This is taking on the same pattern.

They are creating a narrative through saturation propaganda.

We’ll never know what happened so I’m assuming the worse.

Muslim desecration of ancient Christian symbol.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2019, 03:06:51 PM »
About 4 years ago an Art Professor do a laser scan of Notre Dame and the files are still out there and should be able to help in the restoration.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/notre-dame-andrew-tallon-laser-scan-trnd/index.html
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2019, 04:43:59 PM »
About 4 years ago an Art Professor do a laser scan of Notre Dame and the files are still out there and should be able to help in the restoration.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/notre-dame-andrew-tallon-laser-scan-trnd/index.html

Except that Professor Tallon died, and it seems nobody knows where the digital files are located.  :facepalm:

Plus that idiot, Macron, is already making noises about not "restoring" it, but making it newer and better.  
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2019, 05:54:56 PM »
How and the heck can you misplace those point cloud files? ???
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2019, 05:56:01 PM »
They were on Hillary's server.
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2019, 09:11:48 PM »

Just ask the Chinese, then. I'm sure they have copies.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2019, 10:28:58 PM »
"Tourst mecca Notre Dame also revered as  place of worship."

Priceless.

Thanks, WLJ.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
I don't think the birtherizing of the arson/terrorism question tells us anything about what happened to Notre Dame. It is just typical left-think. Blaming brown people is worse than any terrorist act a brown man might commit, and they've told us so a hundred times. Every terrorist act is followed immediately with ominous talk about how horrifying it would be if there were any backlash against Brown Man Good. And it would be horrifying. Just, ya know, let's finish burying the victims before we get all down in the mouth about what some racist might do.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2019, 03:36:53 PM »
It appears the yellow vests are rioting because people donated to rebuilding Notre Dame, and didn't give their money to the yellow vests.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/france-yellow-vest-protest-notre-dame
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »
Who's handling their PR?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2019, 03:43:30 PM »
AOC?

Beat me to it.

But I'm not sure she could find her ass even if you gave her a compass and flashlight let alone France.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:00:17 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2019, 04:30:08 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/04/20/competition-to-redesign-notre-dame-cathedral-an-extraordinary-opportunity-for-wokeness/

They're going to top Notre Dame with the Monument for Climate Justice and RaceGenderqueer Equality featuring a man having an abortion.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2019, 04:35:10 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/04/20/competition-to-redesign-notre-dame-cathedral-an-extraordinary-opportunity-for-wokeness/

I just came in to post that. I suppose this truly is the end of Notre Dame then. There's no way a "contest" will produce anything that pays tribute to it, and I guess it was just to old white guy to say, "Lets try to restore the original building". Sad.