Author Topic: New Mexico and Illegal Border Crossing  (Read 3306 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: New Mexico and Illegal Border Crossing
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 01:25:11 AM »
It doesn't have to be MEUs. I'd settle for a couple of Army Ranger battalions and maybe a couple of SEAL teams. Maybe with some armored cavalry tossed into the mix.

That sounds like a lot; I'm not sure that much is necessary.  But these 2 soldiers needed some close air support, or something equivalent.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2019, 01:47:13 AM »
That sounds like a lot; I'm not sure that much is necessary.  But these 2 soldiers needed some close air support, or something equivalent.

It's a long border.

Yes, agreed on the close air support. Those Mexican soldados would have soiled their undies if an Apache or two had zeroed in on them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2019, 03:17:55 AM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
It doesn't have to be MEUs. I'd settle for a couple of Army Ranger battalions and maybe a couple of SEAL teams. Maybe with some armored cavalry tossed into the mix.

Well someone hasn't checked the force structure since 'Nam.  There are only three Ranger Bn's.  They all belong to the 75th Regiment, and are a Light Infantry force.  Not exactly the force needed for securing a long border.  There are more SEAL teams, but less personnel overall.  They are also not equipped to be a Border Patrol.  You know who is trained and equipped to be a border patrol?  The Border Patrol.  How about we enable those guys to do their job instead of pouring more military personnel into the situation?

as an aside:
Why are you guys so ready to get in a shooting war with the Mexican Army?  I promise US soldiers have gotten lost and accidently invaded other countries, and for the most part we don't start wars over it. In all the real issues over immigration at our southern border a lost Mexican Army squad is pretty damn low on the list of "*expletive deleted*it to get concerned over."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:46:36 PM by dogmush »

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »

aA an aside:
Why are you guys so ready to get in a shooting war with the Mexican Army?  I promise US soldiers have gotten lost and accidently invaded other countries, and for the most part we don't start wars over it. In all the real issues over immigration at our southern border a lost Mexican Army squad is pretty damn low on the list of "*expletive deleted*it to get concerned over."

Because at this point I think it's the only thing that will actually have some affect on border security.  I'd wager money that if those "lost" Mexican soldiers had just shot our guys the story would get memory holed and nothing would change because powerful people don't want it to change.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2019, 11:02:19 PM »
Annnnnnnnnd ... the spin is in.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/us-military-rules-under-review-after-soldiers-surrendered-pistol-to-mexican-troops-on-american-soil

"That area of the border is kind of confusing," a second NORTHCOM official told the Examiner. "It may have been difficult for them [Mexican forces] to know if they didn't know the area as well or were new or something. I don't think — it definitely wasn't trying to overtake the U.S."

Much of the physical barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border does not sit on the international boundary and is located a few dozen to a few hundred feet north of it.

In areas such as southwestern Arizona and eastern Texas, rivers serve as the official border, but in other regions, it can be more difficult to determine the official line in the sand.

No, Mr. NORTHCOM official, that area of the border is NOT confusing. Clint, Texas, is southeast of El Paso. At that point, the Rio Grande river is the border. The only confusing thing is why Mexican soldiers thought they had any reason or right to be on the American side of the river. Secondarily, why is it that you don't know that the Rio Grande is the border at that location?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 04:03:23 AM »
Annnnnnnnnd ... the spin is in.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/us-military-rules-under-review-after-soldiers-surrendered-pistol-to-mexican-troops-on-american-soil

No, Mr. NORTHCOM official, that area of the border is NOT confusing. Clint, Texas, is southeast of El Paso. At that point, the Rio Grande river is the border. The only confusing thing is why Mexican soldiers thought they had any reason or right to be on the American side of the river. Secondarily, why is it that you don't know that the Rio Grande is the border at that location?

Actually, no Mr Connecticut Yankee.  The course of the Rio Grande has changed over the years, hence what was the border (the center of the River) is now not the center of the River.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2019, 07:07:38 PM »
Meanwhile, the Vatican is throwing a half million dollars into supporting Mexican churches who are aiding the caravaners.

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2019-04/pope-francis-central-american-migrants-aid-peters-pence.html

The Vatican seems to be trying to portray the United States as the evil entity in all this, because we foolishly and unreasonably ask that our borders and our national laws be respected. How terrible!

In particular, the aid is intended to assist the more than 75,000 people who arrived in Mexico in 2018, in six migrant caravans. “All these people were stranded, unable to enter the United States, without a home or livelihood”, the statement reads. “The Catholic Church hosts thousands of them in hotels within the dioceses or religious congregations, providing basic necessities, from housing to clothing”.

Yeah, maybe that's because they left whatever homes and livelihoods they had to join the caravans, hoping to get on board the gravy train en los Estados Unidos.