Author Topic: Lots of problems going on with the NRA right now  (Read 16142 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Lots of problems going on with the NRA right now
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2019, 10:12:14 AM »
To tell you the truth, I strongly suspect North is crooked too (that is, as well as wayne)... he was being paid by Ack Mac.
I get the impression everyone was being paid by Ack Mac in some way; if not them then spouses and others.  I have heard North say Wayne knew about the Ack Mac contract and encouraged it. 

Regardless, North is out of the picture and Wayne LaPierre is the one in charge. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »
Even if it was "only" $20k per year -- for ten years -- I don't understand how any male can spend $20k for clothes in one year, let alone for ten years in succession.

A decent off-the-rack suite begins at $400-$600. Suites for executive corporate environments, $1500+, easy. Shirts, $100-$200 to start. Decent dress shoes, $500 and up (usually way up). Ties? $75-100, bare minimum. Figure $2300-$2500 per outfit and you need enough of them to wear one every day.

In corporate executive circles, spending only $20k a year on business clothes would be the screaming bargain of the century.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2019, 12:36:48 PM »
A decent off-the-rack suite begins at $400-$600. Suites for executive corporate environments, $1500+, easy. Shirts, $100-$200 to start. Decent dress shoes, $500 and up (usually way up). Ties? $75-100, bare minimum. Figure $2300-$2500 per outfit and you need enough of them to wear one every day.

In corporate executive circles, spending only $20k a year on business clothes would be the screaming bargain of the century.

Yes, but the NRA is a not-for-profit, membership organization, not a Fortune 100 corporation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »
Yes, but the NRA is a not-for-profit, membership organization, not a Fortune 100 corporation.

True, but the NRA PTB are literally operating in the Hallways and Offices of the PTB.  They can't go in looking like Billy Bob in Hunting Camo and gimme hats. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2019, 08:09:52 PM »
True, but the NRA PTB are literally operating in the Hallways and Offices of the PTB.  They can't go in looking like Billy Bob in Hunting Camo and gimme hats. 
Regardless, he makes enough money to eat that cost himself.  No need to launder it through his contractor. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2019, 04:48:03 AM »
Regardless, he makes enough money to eat that cost himself.  No need to launder it through his contractor. 

Tax purposes...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2019, 08:15:52 PM »
Damn piss poor timing for the NRA to be having internal drama issues.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
Damn piss poor timing for the NRA to be having internal drama issues.

Exactly what I was thinking. If that jackwagon Lapierre (and possibly some of the board of directors) had stepped down a few months ago, this might have all been water under the bridge. Now it's front and center with all the people blaming the NRA for these shootings. If Lapierre steps down now, it will look like the antis have given the NRA a one-two punch. Now we're likely stuck with him through all this current stuff because of the optics of him stepping down right now.

I say again, I am becoming infuriated reading these emails and letters with Lapierre's signature telling me to sacrifice ("oh, and send us money!") for the good of the cause while NRA upper management hypocritically circles their wagons.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2019, 12:21:46 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking. If that jackwagon Lapierre (and possibly some of the board of directors) had stepped down a few months ago, this might have all been water under the bridge. Now it's front and center with all the people blaming the NRA for these shootings. If Lapierre steps down now, it will look like the antis have given the NRA a one-two punch. Now we're likely stuck with him through all this current stuff because of the optics of him stepping down right now.

I say again, I am becoming infuriated reading these emails and letters with Lapierre's signature telling me to sacrifice ("oh, and send us money!") for the good of the cause while NRA upper management hypocritically circles their wagons.

Screw the optics (as, unfortunately, one mass shooter recently said) ... LaPierre stepping down would still be a good thing. As I have posted more than twice, "It's all in the spin." Get rid of LaPierre, and then it's the job of the NRA's spin doctors to make the "optics" look good.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2019, 11:55:48 AM »
I look at the NRA like I do Congress, THROW THE WHOLE LOT OUT and start over using the original framework they were SUPPOSED to follow!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2019, 11:57:28 AM »
Some Dems again calling for the NRA to be labeled a terrorist organization
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2019, 11:57:50 AM »
Screw the optics (as, unfortunately, one mass shooter recently said) ... LaPierre stepping down would still be a good thing. As I have posted more than twice, "It's all in the spin." Get rid of LaPierre, and then it's the job of the NRA's spin doctors to make the "optics" look good.

Any day Wayne is in charge is a day too many now.

Unfortunately, I can't see him leaving without dropping dead, since the BOD will not get rid of him.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2019, 02:26:02 PM »

Last night the NY AG’s probe seems to have expanded.

With the gun debate intensifying in the wake of last weekend’s mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio, the National Rifle Association’s problems deepened Monday evening as the New York attorney general’s office issued a subpoena seeking documents from more than 90 current and former members of the organization’s board.

The subpoena is an escalation of a continuing investigation into the tax-exempt status of the N.R.A., which is chartered in New York, and engulfs the organization’s board of directors in the inquiry. The subpoena seeks financial records and other documents that would shed light on spending decisions made by the board.
A week ago, David Codrea tweeted this:

I am away from internet and unable to verify but this is important if it pans out. A credible Source says a highly placed NRA exec has been offered immunity by the New York AG. @aarmark

— dcodrea (@dcodrea) July 31, 2019

New York Attorney General Subpoenas Documents From 90 NRA Board Members
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-york-attorney-general-subpoenas-documents-from-90-nra-board-members/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »

New York Attorney General Subpoenas Documents From 90 NRA Board Members
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-york-attorney-general-subpoenas-documents-from-90-nra-board-members/

It could be that a whole bunch of directors are going to reap the consequences of abdicating their fiscal duty, failing to exercise any meaningful oversight, and choosing to be rubber stamps for whatever the Emperor Wayne I wanted to do. And IMHO those directors who just sat back and rubber stamped LaPierre's actions and agenda should feel the heat.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2019, 08:17:43 AM »
Reported by the Washington Post, so I'll take it with a small grain of salt until I read some other stories on it, but a $6million chateau? That apparently Ackerman had to talk him out of?

This makes Lapierre sound like one of those TV huckster preachers that get suckers to donate tons of money, and then they drive around in Ferrari and fly in private jets. And it makes NRA members the suckers.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/documents-show-nra-discussions-to-purchase-luxury-mansion-for-use-of-its-chief-executive/2019/08/06/eb8b0490-b7ce-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html?outputType=amp
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2019, 09:03:42 AM »

This makes Lapierre sound like one of those TV huckster preachers that get suckers to donate tons of money, and then they drive around in Ferrari and fly in private jets. And it makes NRA members the suckers.

I always got that vibe with him, somewhere in between a used car salesman and a preacher-scammer who wears a white suit and drives a white cadillac who begs people to send him money so that God doesn't strike him dead.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2019, 09:13:49 AM »
But wait, there's more

BREAKING: Dell’Aquila Files Multi-Million Class Action Lawsuit Against Wayne LaPierre, NRA and NRA Foundation
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-dellaquila-files-multi-million-class-action-lawsuit-against-wayne-lapierre-nra-and-nra-foundation/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »
A few years ago I read Neal Knox's "The Gun Rights War."  I recommend it.

It discusses how Neal tried to get Wayne to sever NRA's ties to AckMac (due to overbilling).

Wayne did not comply and got Neal kicked out (replaced with Heston).

Wayne has been slimy for a long long time.

It's sad that this all could have been prevented.

It's also quite hilarious that Wayne is now claiming he is a "victim" of those crooks at AckMac, when he has been protecting them and funneling money to them for decades.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2019, 10:38:16 AM »
Drain the swamp!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2019, 01:07:17 PM »
Competitive shooter Julie Golob was elected to a 3-year term on the National Rifle Association board of directors in 2018. Now, a little more than a year later, she’s announced her resignation via an Instagram post.
That makes four board resignations in the last two weeks. Five going back to the end of May. As the New York and District of Columbia investigations accelerate and the Dell’Aquila group’s pressure continues to ratchet up, look for more board members to decide that this wasn’t what they signed up for.

Julie Golob Resigns From NRA Board of Directors
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/julie-golob-resigns-from-nra-board-of-directors/
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2019, 06:51:44 PM »
I saw a blurb today, didn't fully read it, can't find it again...said an audit of the NRA finances has been called for.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

grampster

• friend
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
Some Dems again calling for the NRA to be labeled a terrorist organization

I have called for the Democrat Party to be labeled a terrorist organization.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
So the count is up to five now for board members resigning?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »
So the count is up to five now for board members resigning? escaping

Fixed it for you.  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero