Author Topic: The New York Times or Der Sturmer? You be the judge  (Read 3084 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: The New York Times or Der Sturmer? You be the judge
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 06:56:09 PM »
The use of "anti-semitic" has certainly jumped the shark  [popcorn]
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2019, 01:11:25 AM »
Of course I support free speech.  I'm glad the NYT feels free out its bigotry.

The star of David and Trump's hat make it look like it is aimed at all Jews, and not just Bibi, that is what I am saying.

The Star of David could just be a reference to the Israeli flag, to help identify the dog as the prime minister of Israel.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2019, 09:56:12 AM »

The Star of David could just be a reference to the Israeli flag, to help identify the dog as the prime minister of Israel.

That could be right.

But the skullcap on Trump?  I can't think of any reason it is there except as an attack on Jews in general.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
I don't think someone has to get all up in arms to recognize an opportunity to bash an outfit like the NYT.  Sometimes non-leftists need to raise a fuss to show them they can't just have it all their way regardless of how severe it is.  

I am a bit more surprised that some of you think the proper course is to ignore it and say nothing.  There has been a lot more blatantly antisemitic statements from Democrats lately.  Even if the the NYT isn't the right target, at least someone is responding.  That said, I do think the cartoon crosses the line a bit.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 09:58:13 AM »
But the skullcap on Trump?  I can't think of any reason it is there except as an attack on Jews in general.
In what manner is that an attack?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2019, 01:38:50 PM »
In what manner is that an attack?

Because Orange Man Bad.

Depicting Orange Man as Jewish means Jewish Man Bad.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »
Because Orange Man Bad.

Depicting Orange Man as Jewish means Jewish Man Bad.

And there it is.   =D