Author Topic: On the Flint MI Water Problem  (Read 1613 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On the Flint MI Water Problem
« on: May 07, 2019, 02:25:55 PM »
Very interesting. I've read several articles of late regarding absolutely horrendous corruption at the local level regarding the Flint MI "water crisis". The incompetence and greed of the local political machine is quite something to behold. But still Trump's fault, amiright?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/05/07/the-truth-is-insane-luke-rosiak-blows-the-lid-off-of-flint-officials-corruption-in-absolutely-damning-thread/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: On the Flint MI Water Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 02:39:36 PM »
1.  Someone is voting for these clowns.

2.  I would hope someone would sick the Feds on these people for embezzling federal funds. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 05:02:01 PM »
The incompetence and greed of the local political machine is quite something to behold. But still Trump's fault, amiright?

I hate it when a presidential hopeful (or hopeless, in Trump's case) forces a random town to sabotage their own water supply. That's just the worst.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 05:11:39 PM »
They keep voting for the same clowns over and over again because if they don't and the other guys get in things could start going downhill.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 03:07:25 PM »

I hate it when a presidential hopeful (or hopeless, in Trump's case) forces a random town to sabotage their own water supply. That's just the worst.
What's especially insidious is that Trump began exerting his Presidential power retroactively, messing with Flint's water supply before he was even elected to public office!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 04:47:00 PM »
What's especially insidious is that Trump began exerting his Presidential power retroactively, messing with Flint's water supply before he was even elected to public office!
...all part of his master plan. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 04:54:25 PM »
Maybe Trump is a Time Lord
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 07:43:51 PM »

Before anyone even expected him to be elected to anything. That's why I called him a presidential hopeless.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »
Maybe Trump is a Time Lord

No, he’s a wizard. Adams called it in 2015

https://blog.dilbert.com/2015/08/17/wizard-wars/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 05:53:09 AM »
Still the Republican’s fault as the SJW screechers on Facebook will tell you...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 09:46:37 AM »
Milwaukee just spent $100million+ on a retarded trolley, but continues to ignore the lead problem in the poorer areas of the city.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama